/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction is now available in Japan, the US and Europe, as are the Es and Mai DLCs.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Other urls found in this thread:

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7806-blazblue-remix-heart-variable-heart-discussion/&page=15
mediafire.com/folder/o652dfwupa9p8/Blazblue#2iag499opsy48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

m a i s t h e t i c

I love Mai! Every thread!

now you've made me wait into 2017

you're really gonna get it

Inferno

Crusader

Where do you get the raws?I'm looking for them everywhere, and I can't seem to find them.

Every fucking thread.

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7806-blazblue-remix-heart-variable-heart-discussion/&page=15
Look for the posts by Kurushii, he uploaded volume 1 and chapters 6 and 7.

Daily reminder.

Ripoff 2hu pls go

>dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7806-blazblue-remix-heart-variable-heart-discussion/&page=15
Oh, I thought there were three chapters. Sorry.

Rachel does not have a hat

FAKE 2HU

Mai is amazing.

You mean aMaizing?

She's great.

ZEA

Post more Zea

bump

>9

Is Celica a good character for the story? Because I can't help but see her as another boring moe-blob

no

If you're wondering if she serves any purpose to the story at all; she is Ragna, Jin, and Saya's foster mother. Brought back as a chronophantasma for her ability to nullify seithr, and because she was needed to activate Kushinada's Lynchpin. She stayed alive for a little longer due to Amane's Observation. People hate her because she's made to be unhateable, and was marketed as Ragna's love interest for a whole game.

No, Celica isn't a good character. She's ridiculously innocent, kind, and naive, so she is the closest thing to a moeblob in Blazblue. There literally isn't anything she dislikes and everyone loves her other than a few irredeemable villains. She pretty much exists to act cute and to be protected by the protagonist. Her "flaws" exist only to make her cuter and force her to stay close to the MC. But they also gave her a super-special power that shuts down the abilities of the main villains and she's so special that she was needed to activate two separate magic devices that would alter the course of history.

Despite what a special snowflake she is however, Celica doesn't do anything important in the game story. Mori admitted that he had to add an extra game because of the inclusion of Celica, meaning that she wasn't initially meant to appear in the games. This is obvious by the extremes they went to bring her into the story. She somehow left an imprint on the Boundary 100 years ago and Kokonoe somehow managed to produce a copy of her in the present. Also it's obvious by the fact that even though she gets brought back from the dead in such a contrived manner and hijacks most of the story of CP, she never actually does anything important in the story; the purpose she was brought back from the dead to fulfill is actually fulfilled by another character.

>Brought back as a chronophantasma for her ability to nullify seithr, and because she was needed to activate Kushinada's Lynchpin.
This ended up being itsfuckingnothing.jpg in CF. All the energy spent on finding and activating Kushinada's Lynchpin, pointless. The only thing it was good for was gimping Takemikazuchi.

why are there so many people who hate celica's innocence? jealousy?

Celica has the mind of a child. She's a pretty simple and boring character.

Anyone want to netplay CF?

>she's so special that she was needed to activate two separate magic devices that would alter the course of history.
Which ones in BB? Only one she activates is Kushinada's Lynchpin and the machine that connects to the Phantom Field in XBlaze.

Nu.

Bullet

Bang

Ragna

Amane

.uN

Too thick it's gross

How is that a problem?

>Nu
>thick

I bought CPE on Steam today.

What am I in for lads? I have no fightan game experience, just come into the threads sometimes to fap to the slutty squirrel girl

Advice for beginner's is always: pick Ragna, Jin, or Noel to get you introduced to fightan basics. Other than that, play whoever the fuck you want, every character is vastly different from each other. Experiment and most importantly, try to have fun.

Your taste is what's gross.

Not today, /blaz/.

Why is that not Noel?

I didn't notice it wasn't until you pointed it out.

It's probably those 3 because they are the original family, while Noel is just a clone.

I've entered 2017 no fap, I'm gonna have to ask you all to cease these Mai and Makoto images.

I'm not even planning to play online, I just want those sweet Bullet thighs

Do you play the same archtype in every game or do you pick chars based on other factors? Did you switch to a new main this version?

I still play Hakumen in this game.

Every fighting game I play, I look at the roster and pick a character. I say "This is the character I'm going to play in this game". Then I play them. It's literally that easy. I've yet to pick a character that I was incapable of playing. Some day I'll be trapped into a charge character, but not today.

I only play Blazblue

CELICA
WINS

I mostly pick characters based off of design, archetype doesn't matter so much, but I prefer rushdown to zoning.

Play what looks cool

GOZAISHIKI

>Every fucking thread.
In their defense, chapter 6-7 was only recently uploaded there. You can find the chapters here as well:

mediafire.com/folder/o652dfwupa9p8/Blazblue#2iag499opsy48

it's not my intention, but i generally end up playing big guys (not grapplers) or evasive troll/mind-game heavy characters.
Anybody with a teleport dash is usually an automatic main.

During the Dark War Celica was also needed to complete the control system of Takemikazuchi. In the end they had to use a different method because Nine prevented Celica to be used.

> they had to use a different method because Nine prevented Celica to be used.
>they had to use a different method
So in the end she wasn't needed at all. She was useless.

Because Nine didn't allow Celica to be used, Seven and Eight had to have Takemikazuchi eat a city full of people instead in order to complete it. And its control system didn't work properly because it was missing Celica.

Chaotic good, dash (not step), and preferably rush down. Those are the three main selling points for who I play.

That is why I said she was useless. If you could complete it by simply having Takemikazuchi eat a city full of people, then Celica wasn't necessary.

>its control system didn't work properly because it was missing Celica.
They found a way of making it work without Celica. Given enough time, logically they would have found a way to make the controls work properly too.

Anyone playing the NESiCA leak of CF on PC figured out how to change the button mapping? I've also yet to come across the key that serves as a back function.

How exactly you expect to go "back" on arcade machine?

I just expected one of the 6 buttons to allow me to cancel the current selection on the character screen such as locking in color, control scheme etc.

They didn't have time since the Black Beast was running around eating everyone. The problem with Celica was that she was born special. People aren't interested in her because of her skills or knowledge; her special ability makes her more like a MacGuffin that the good guys and bad guys compete for, both in the Phase Shift novels and in Chronophantasma.

The fact she's utterly passive makes her feel even more like a MacGuffin. She never takes any decisions for herself. She only runs off to Japan to find her father because Kazuma tells her to. She agrees to sacrifice herself for the linchpin and then changes her mind because those around her tell her to and then change their minds. She decides not to help with Takemikazuchi because Nine tells her not to. And in CP she again goes along with being used for the linchpin and then doesn't because other people tell her to sacrifice herself and then tell her not to.

Celica is a character that lacks any sort of agency and who people are interested in because she was born special rather than due to her skills or personality.

Why did ASW have to make him so shit, goddamn it.

Hopefully the eventual balance patch will make him good, they were playing it really safe with him

Because he's stupid looking
Haku is the superior susan

Again~

They're way too faint in the rip, gotta color them.

just wait for tsubakimen

Tsubakimen will probably look stupid too.

Friend I would If I could

Why Susanoo is a wolf when Terumi's design uses snakes everywhere? His weapons are shaped like snakes, his attacks use snakes and he even has a forked tongue, but Susanoo has none of that. Where did it all go?

No Photoshop or GIMP? I ended up coloring all of them so I guess I can use them to bump.
Hakumen has a fox/wolf theme ("the wolf knows what the ill heart thinks," his emblem), so I guess the Susanoo Unit in general has a canine thing going. His tail looks more like a snake's/dragon's than a wolf's.

Hakumen has a nine-tailed fox as his emblem. And Hakumen is one of the names used for nine-tailed foxes.

>No Photoshop or GIMP?
Nope
I'd probably make a mess even if I did

Now i want to see Susanoo with a fluffy wolf tail.

Well in Photoshop it's pretty easy, just a matter of transparency-locking the layer and then painting over with a huge brush.
m8, I brought up Hakumen's emblem in the post.

His hair also separates into 9 tails when he goes into any kind of powered up state like overdrive. They really weren't subtle with this.

My point is that Hakumen is clearly a fox. He's not a wolf.

Indeed.

He has a stronger fox theme, but they chose "the wolf knows what the ill heart thinks" for his CT stage quote for a reason. Another version of the same proverb is just "the beast knows what the ill heart thinks." I just said fox/wolf to reference both.

Has Tager been improved over time or it's still as bad as it was before?

Why do I even check this board? It's all just drivel... oh, right.

Tager was high-tier in CPE and right now is around mid