The Grand Tour

So, anyone else still watching or has most people given up already?

Last episode I watched was the Finnish Christmas. Can't be arsed to watch the new ones.

Nope, haven't seen the latest episode, nor the special.

I've been watching them all. I find it's entertaining enough to carry on with. Hope they do more episodes where they just have the episode dedicated to a huge road trip without interjection from a studio and the little bits that come with that

What is the list of countries they are going to?

Episode was much better than the previous one they are improving, hopefully by next season it will be really good.

The episode had a great may segment, good clarkson segment. The braincrash bit was smaller and emphasis was on the segment that followed, the American segment too was short enough.

The African special was pretty good I enjoyed it although it felt like they were dragging along quite a bit, overall it was a fun journey.

>no cheap car challenges
There is nothing to watch

Sadly this.

I think Stuttgart was the best episode

also:
>tfw no qt-Veeky Forums-gf with trouble unterstanding this english gibberish

would you believe that's from today's episode.

this too

So fucking tired of the American, really hope he's not in the next seasons.
Also thoroughly enjoyed the Africa special and Christmas episode

My amazon prime one month free trial ended and I couldn't be bothered to download the torrents after that.

So I guess it wasn't that good.

not using uploadrocket link...
uwotm8

Dude fuck off with your virus.

Are you 12 years old or something?

>uploadrocket
>virus
u so funny nigga

I like it

Reported for advertising malware.

I like em'. It's basically the same minus BBC crap budget, and they can sware now too.

I can say I am not a fan of the driver "american", seems like a folksy idea of what brits think a 80s american is like.

They squandered its potential. Same tired format, and the humour is predictable and forced.

On the upside they have wrecked top gears chances of returning and that's hilarious.

But really they need some fresh humour - I have a feeling they have Clarkson on a tight leach tho.

I was really happy they did the Namibia special, but it wasn't as fluid as past adventures, and again seemed drawn out and predictable, and a bit boring compared to Topgear road trips.

I'll keep watching, and I hope they step up their game a bit.

At least we know now where the budget went.

Agree with , it's definitively getting better.

I just want to see them drive and talk about cars. Drop the fucking bits and scripts. It's shit. I always hated this. You're a car show not a sitcom. No one's getting tired of big bang theory and thinking about giving the grand tour a try. It's for gear heads. The tent is fucking stupid. It's a set with projectors. Why are we still every fucking episode pretending we are going to interview a celebrity and hearing the same response from James? Why is he dense suddenly on the new show? Why did testing your cars on track need to become a joke? Why is the test track itself a joke? I wouldn't doubt not 1 human that hashe watched the show thought "the american" was funny at all. It's just all shit and I'm ranting. I find more entertaining content on youtube.

I think everybody hates the American and I sincerely hope he's gone in season 2
Also I'm glad they can curse a bit more although I think it's funny they censor The F Word

I don't know if they think the american is actually funny, but he's not. I'm not even butthurt, I embrace murrica stereotypes. But there's a total absence of humor there. It's not exaggerated enough to be absurdist funny, it's not deadpan enough to be british humor, the stuff he says can't even be interpreted as a joke. It's like new ghostbusters' attempt at funny.

Still watching.

I think it's fair and expected that a lot of viewers have stopped watching and I believe it's entirely because they want The Grand Tour to be something that it isn't.

The Grand Tour is not a serious car show and never will be.

The Grand Tour, as Jeremy Clarkson described it well, is "three men in poor condition falling over and catching fire", or even better put by one of their directors, "holidays for three 12-year-old men".

Clarkson, Hammond, and May are three shitheads with a massive budget, an incredible history, good chemistry, and a mutual and genuine love for all things automotive.

Watched through that lens it's exactly what it ought to be. Just three friends that love cars fucking around, it's the formula that made them who they are and got them to this point. If you're looking for something other than that you won't get it from these three clumsy bastards.

I'm American and like the brits as I have family that's British and I love racing and car history and history in general. I want to make Britain great again. They have been our greatest ally. For me not only is it not funny but it's pretty fucking insulting too for someone that pays to watch their content. Trump/farage FTW

Do these niggers review cars at all? Seriously fucking shit show.

Bring back original Top Gear

Right but serious or not no one who has no interest in cars is watching this show...so may as well not go full retard for the sake of viewers you will not have. The bits aren't even auto related. Have racing drivers on the show not celebrities. Your not on the BBC anymore. Now you're even paying celebrities to not be on the show...

I just started watching it. I think I have seen 3 episodes. I agree some of it is too played out, but that's pretty much what Top Gear was becoming towards the end.

If you really like Top Gear from 5+ years ago but disliked it 2yrs ago, you aren't really going to enjoy The Grand Tour.

I do miss the "James, Jeremy, and Richard drive Geo Metros through Pakistan!" stuff. Maybe it will come but aside from that the show isn't bad. Heavily guided (not totally scripted) just like the final season or two of Top Gear but nowhere near as terrible as the "US Top Gear" or "Top Gear Featuring That Gay Guy with Glasses and Joey From Friends".

>It's for gear heads
Kek. MotorTrend is for gear heads. The Grand Tour is def for normies.

And I think you, as well as many other people, forgot what the past couple seasons of Top Gear was like.

I remember it same as always but now they have creative control. It's your ball game and your not on the BBC where you have to cater to some casual seeing a celebrity and trying to catch their interest.

>people watched TG and loved the long tour episodes
>people didnt liek the long tour episodes
>people asked for car reviews
>TG gave reviews
>people said its boring

There is no pleasing you.

I agree that watching them drive around nice cars around europe is fun. The bits get too far fetched.

I made it to the 3rd episode. They were literally gifted success by how top gear turned out and it was still disappointing.

>motortrend
>not motorweek

Whatever is on Velocity.

>"I'm John Davis"
His show.

I just hope the Yankees don't ruin Wheeler Dealers. Mike is a cunt and we don't need more of him. There aren't many good shows for real gear heads because they always try to turn it into some drama. Chasing Classic Cars is still good and that FantomWorks show isn't terrible because they sorta explain what all goes into restoring rare cars.

Oh, and then there are those "PowerBlock" shows that used to be on Spike on Saturdays. They had Stacey David doing the truck show years ago. Those shows aren't bad but it's a lot of the same shit. "Let's drop a crate motor in this '68 Camaro" or "Let's put a lift kit and winch on this Jeep Wrangler" but at least they do go into the technical aspect.

There is another show on Velocity with dude who owns that bike museum and always finds rare bikes. That one is pretty cool and I don't even care for bikes but they don't air it much. They don't get too technical but you learn a lot about the history.

And then there is that other show with the little Jew and the bigger bald guy who is half brown with a goatee. Forget the name but that is straight too. Only problem is one car takes like 10 half hour episodes sometimes. The PowerBlockNation shows can be the same way.

the celebrity brain crash or whatever they are calling it should have ended with the first episode other than that it is ok.

Those road trips are scripted though. Behind them is a huge convoy of vehicles.

yes get rid of this fucker asap or atleast shut him up. I think the Joke is that his cringe is the reason the stig said nothing

still watching the show it's pretty good overall but should get a bit sharper once they are used to the new format. really hope they don't start having celebrity's on for real though. was a bullshit segment that I skipped on TG 9 out of 10 times.

Might be

did you... save a gif then convert it to png ?

No I fucked up and saved it as an 8bit PNG.

yeah, I wish it was unscripted like the old Top Gear...

The American is also just annoying, and this isn't a case of "lol burger can't handle bants XDD"; it's just not funny.

Besides that and episode 2 the series ranges between okay and good

Its okay

Get rid of the american and celebrity brain crash

I like it. It's a fun way to waste some time.
The only thing that I strongly dislike is that the tent location barely ever has anything to do with what they're doing and showing.

If you move across all these countries etc. why not make the films about them? TG in Germany: why not have them visit the Wörthersee VW convetion thing and mock crazy VW tuning guys and try their hands at making their own tuned VWs or shit like that?
TG Finland: why not have them convert a terrible car into a really car and race it through the finnish snow, you know?

Right now the only way you're even able to tell they're somewhere other than a studio is that they keep telling us where they are.

>165 GB for eight episodes
Good god.

Does it actually look 20-GB-an-episode good or is it youtube-tier UHD that's been captured via fraps?

yep

x264 compression is like what 10 years old?

Should be x265

I dont know really, It was recorded in 4K, so might as well.

Buggy-episode was funny.

Wörthersee is in Austria my fellow burger-cunt.

I'm german, friendo. And we both now it shouldn't be "Austrian". But I get your point, my mistake. But at least it would still be a german speaking country and culturally we're pretty close except for the locking your daughters in a cellar for years and repeatedly raping them thing.

Still watching, but honestly watch more old top gear.

They seem to have lost the humor and originality that made TG great. The massive budget that TGT seems to have has made it worse, not better, than TG.

honestly I think Top gear's problem is that it's trying to keep the same format going, but the format they had only worked because Hammond, Clarkson and May made it work that way.

Also that by this point, that format has defined Top gear. I would argue they should go back to being a "real" car show, but people probably wouldnt watch that. There's already plenty of car shows, there's even a whole network devoted to car shows now, and lets be honest, there's nothing interesting about modern cars that could make a good factual car-magazine style show, when most of the car companies are large multinationals that basically sell the same cars rebadged around the world, which kills it a bit when you talk about "american" cars, and yet they are all designed as cars that will sell globally.

as for Grand Tour, i thought the special was good.
it did feel like it was missing something though. if anything i'd say it was missing believably. in many other specials, you could suspend disbelief and believe it's just them 3 out on the road with only the film crew in a 4x4 behind them. but here it was just too blatant that it was all scripted and fake

>And then there is that other show with the little Jew and the bigger bald guy who is half brown with a goatee.
is that the one where they shill products between commercial breaks?

How to fix show:

>Have them review/test one new car per show
>Stop doing the celebrity bit, it's too predictable to be at all funny anymore
>Only have scripted dialogue, not scripted bits. If anything is planned between the actors, they have to be filmed whispering it between each other or discussing it
>More budget car challenges
>Drum up Mr. Wilman even more as sort of a character who we never see
>Replace The American with The Italian or something of the like, a former racecar driver from another country. Every time he tests a car, have him speak entirely in a foreign language, sometimes have it so that the subtitles are messed with to insult one of the presenters
>Any destination they travel to they have to do a bit about the car culture or automotive history of it or the surrounding area

Compared to what? The road trips on old Top Gear also had huge convoys of vehicles with them

Seriously, fuck yourself. TG was constantly criticized of not actually reviewing cars either. Honest to god I'm tired of hearing faggots like you bitch about this. Dumb fucking nostalgiafag cunt.

>>Replace The American with The Italian or something of the like, a former racecar driver from another country. Every time he tests a car, have him speak entirely in a foreign language, sometimes have it so that the subtitles are messed with to insult one of the presenters
the problem with this is that that would get old too. the reason the Stig worked so well is because he never talked at all. he was JUST a driver with no commentary. which made it easier to add humor to him because he was just a blank slate that you could add some mystique to and drum up this silent personality and then do different stuff. like his gimmick was what he would listen to in the car, or his 'cousins" around the world.

The American himself is actually missed potential. its the same "he thinks x is communist" joke every week. there's plenty more they could do as far as American stereotype jokes go, but from the start he was a character who's humor would eventually wear out once it becomes predictable that he'll complain about anything not a V8, and not American.

Have you watched the Patagonian top gear special

that doesnt mean there isnt some scripting. they plan it out and stuff goes wrong in between

The Namibia Special was alright, so was the German episode this week. Celebrity Braincrash needs to go, Conversation Street needs to be more banter between the three of them rather than scripted jokes to the audience, the American needs to go and they need to stop doing ludicrous comedy skits that last way too long (mainly episode 2).

I'm holding out hope.

>s/he can't afford Amazon prime

It is the fact that there is 95% bullshit and another 5% about cars.

Graveyard Carz is pretty neat too, I love the attention to detail when they restore those old mopars

Only watched the first episode and than stopped as I was no impressed.

This so much.

I fucking love it because I wish I was lucky enough to be in their shoes.

lol what is that webm from? I think that '59 bel air is the one I made years ago for Carmageddon 2.

I like Amazon because I can go watch an episode of Grand Tour and then right after it's over I can go watch an episode of Top Gear season 2, the season may started.

It's so drastically different. Clarkson's voice, James's hair. Hammond's the same though.

It makes the grand tour look like a joke show. However, I suppose there's worse things to watch...

I only laughed at one thing the American said, which was when he went "Driving a BMW... British Motor Works".

Thank you. 50kb images are my favorite. Wicked fast loads for something I don't really care enough to see high quality.

Fuckers in post your own car threads thinking I need a 5mb picture of their rusted shitbox...

That guy Mark is a dick tho. Ever notice how many of his employees have left since he started the show?

They all do that. Ever notice all the banners in the background?

Ep9 was good

Last episode was better than all Top Gear episodes since season 18 at least.

I'm still watching it. I never did watch much of Top Gear, except for the specials. I personally like The Grand Tour so far, I don't get all the complaints but then again I wasn't a big fan of Top Gear., it feels the same to me in comparison to the specials I've watched.

This. Top Gear was funny because you could laugh at the cars. Hammond's BMW Convertible that was easily stolen or Clarkson's turbo Volvo wagon. It was funny because the three had to deal with cars that weren't very good. It's not as funny to see them drive 3 working cars someplace unless there is some mishap, like the parking garage in the Supercars Do France episode. The whole episode where they ran around with the ND, Alfa, and whatever the last thing was was boring. Beautiful but boring

>Bring back cheap car challenges

The Special got close because it was their three builds and each had their own qualities and they broke down over time and they had to deal with it but that's as close as they have gotten

The buggy episode was pretty good if you could get over the obvious signs of staging. It's nice watching the gang have a laugh.

German episode was actually pretty good. Clarkson mucking about with the discovery-merc thingy was actually pretty old school Top Gear.

At first I thought it was the scripted jokes and stuff, but after watching all the episodes it just doesn't seem like much of a car show as OG top gear did. Even though top gear wasn't all that serious of a show.

When people bitch about the celebrity brain crash are you bitching about just the whole celebrity showing up to die thing or the whole thing?

Because it is basically a segway into whatever faffing about in the studio segment.

Scripted acts, to pander to americans.

>American race driver

Stuttgart ep was shit, the whole last scenes with prepping bullshit.

Also the celebrity brain shit, was fun the first episode, but 9 eps in, its fucking booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Nambia Special was good.

Looks to be from a Garrys Mod animation

>hitler driving a mustang
>not a mercedes
disgust.bmp

Where are you getting the high res stuff from? I can only find 720p shit.

Of course it is. But it's entertaining and they have real chemistry as a trio. The script can't make the show, just look at BBC's attempt at TG without the three of them.

this
it's obvious TG/TGT is scripted but a decent amount of us including myself watch it for the guys behind the wheel
Jeremy is my husbando

>They all do that. Ever notice all the banners in the background?
of course they do. but theres the one where the guys actually market products to you in an aside, not just throwing logos around and doing product placement

Namibia special was nice.
Stuttgart episode had some fun moments.
They could have made something a lot better with prepping though. Should have been a challenge with all three building their own armoured van and then test them, etc.
The celebrity thing still isn't funny. Wasn't fun in the first episode, still isn't.

I gave it 5 episodes then called it quits.

First TG thing I ever saw was their Ariel Atom review on youtube. I got curious and I downloaded (randomly) the SLR to Oslo special. I was hooked.

>The cinematography was second to none, they made car commercials look unprofessional and thrown together.
>They refused to use complex post processing so nearly every effect was done in camera or with clever shot setup. They would do neat things like speed up clouds or show 3 of the same car. All simple layering but done to great effect.
>The selection of music was excellent and made the reviews.
>Clarkson would absolutely talk the piss out of a car he didn't like. No quarter was given. He was also reviewing cars every week for The Times.
>The volumes of entertaining analogies, impersonations and goofyness of the presenters. Pic related. This didn't come off as scripted, it came off as Clarkson thought it would be funny if he did that.

Then Hammond almost died, it was an international story, normie viewership swelled (seriously look at the studio audience before and after) and they lost the magic. It was so obvious then they were trying to pander to their new audience to maintain it. We started getting stupid scripted bits about caravanning, or trains or building shit cars. I stopped seriously watching around here because it went from being humors Brits talk cars to British humor that happens to involve cars.

I really had high hopes for TGT. I had hoped it was the BBC pushing them to pander to the big audience, not their own decision. Unfortunately it seems like the magic has gone for good.

tg was never a car show.
It was an entertainment show featuring cars.

>>The selection of music was excellent and made the reviews.
one thing that baffles me is their music selection.
Whenever I find a new and curious band, I can be sure to hear it on top gear a year later.

this
well, since the original died in like 2002

Now it's just featuring cars.

>tfw want to watch tgt
>all of the torrents are single episodes in 1080p
>none are all of them in 720p
why

>tg was never a car show.
Not at all. It was a car show until Hammond almost died. The show changed massively into its current format.

i discovered so much music from TG. finalgear forums and their what's that song? threads were awesome.

rartv