/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Happy Buildings Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKRHwkZy6y4
youtube.com/watch?v=VuZ2eLBJPAQ
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/nuclearcraft-mod
mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia
youtube.com/watch?v=IYsKMuvrvM8
dropbox.com/s/srqvkrirwjzlggp/Comfypack V.2.5.zip?dl=0
imgur.com/a/JPif9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HAPPY UREPY

4th for updated IngotPyramid config to include metallurgy ingots

Hey user that wanted a map made, reply here, I'd still love to make your lava/snow map.

We've evolved past MAWPC and into MAWPAnotherGame

So how hard does middle one chug the game?
It could be fun to play with it

What are the towers made of?

I asked the same question last time, but he never responded.

Probably because he just stole the picture from leddit without reading the thread.

I can feel the 1 FPS from here

So the texture pack isn't out but shader is Chocapic13_V6_High

Someone explain to me what mod allowed them to convert lava to obsidian in the nether?

I've checked and it goes down about 8 y-levels. So it wasn't Natura honey abuse...

youtube.com/watch?v=WKRHwkZy6y4

where were you when the world record was broken?

looks like the aftermath of charging a railcraft firestone

Holy shit
This dude held W for four fucking hours

Holy shit, I haven't even opened the video and I'm already bored.

What's this twitch chat shit doing in my youtube?

about as had a as shaders and hires textures normally do, other than that only a few mods were used such as chisel n bits which dont have much of a performace impact

they were made in 1.7 with mcpainter using I believe steel blocks from IE

something i truly despise about BoP is that the fluids it spawns in the nether (so, blood and honey) behave like water against lava

So, 1.10.2 mods. What should I be playing? Buildcraft? Smegtech? Draconic Dildolution?

That's what you get for playing a bloat mod.

I think is c&b, and I think it was made by tacoredneck on leddit.

nah, the electricale pole i definitely remeber it saing it was 1.7 with mcpainter

What would be the most effective way to learn how the tech mods work?
Play normally/watch tutorials/read wiki/watch other people play it/play with it in creative?

What's the oldest version of the growthcraft community edition, again? I just want the original version with that one bugfix the community edition added.

Its been a long time since I played minecraft and I'm interested in how to get a mod (DoggyStyle) working on custom maps, specifically custom city maps.

In order for Minecraft to spawn dogs, does there need to be certain elements included into a map? I was hoping Minecraft could randomly sprinkle the dogs around the custom maps in the same manner it does a randomly generated world.

Is there a way to do this with Forge and the Minecraft launcher or would this require me to edit the custom map itself?

yeah, lot's of stuff tends to explode/overheat/electrocute etc, and losing hours of progress might suck on survival

id say the most fun way would to just try to learn on youre own unless you get absolutely stuck and only then watch a video

!!fun!!

do the dogs spawn only around a certain block? if they do, you'll have to place them yourself (one way or another) unless the mod has a retrogen you can enable in its confin

if the dogs randomly spawn in different biomes, you'll have to boot up a map editor and assign different biomes to different parts of your map, or play with the restricted selection the default biomes (so, probably plains) offer.

What do you have your biome weights set to for Thaumcraft?

The only terrain mod I have is Highlands, and I have the Highland biome weights set fairly low, but I still almost never seen magical forest or taint at all.

I guess I'll just spend a lot of time slowly exploring them. I just wasn't sure whether it's worth it, because there is so much of it. I've made myself a kind of kitchen sink modpack with most of the main tech mods and a shitton of pointless aesthetic stuff, but no magic.

Never heard of the mod, there shouldn't be any problems with using a custom map with mods unless you are missing mods used in the map.

STOP.

Pick ONE tech mod.

Why is JEI so bad?

Chickenbones, where are you? Mezz has got to go.

JEI is much better than NEI

Try 11 days.

But how do I know which one? And how do I know if some could be good together?

dont listen to him, more tech mods are fine but you should however try to not include very similar ones. For instance theres really no reason to have both thermal expansion and ender io, you can just use one of those since they are pretty similar

Play them and see which one you enjoy more, mashing them all together is not the solution despite what FTB would have you believe.

funny, I actually don't have either of those mods

You're doing this to discover mods, mix them up if you want.
some tech mods are better or have better functionalities than others
TE now has TUUUBES, BC has its pump and quarry, EIO has its mixable conduits thing, magneticraft and IE have convoyer belts, railcraft has its steam, MFR has some fun/useful stuff, XU has its fun generators...
you will see overlaps, just force yourself to explore many options and don't lock yourself in one tech branch.

Sup nubs. Did some research into that picture. Its rebellion-32x32-medieval. Shaders are Chocapic13_V6_High. You are all welcome.

awesome user, thanks now if only the custom pack kitchen sink would actually let me log into a world
youtube.com/watch?v=VuZ2eLBJPAQ
has weeb aesthetic, but its well modeled weeb aesthetic

>Bioxx's last post on his own forums was August 7th 2016
ded mod

ded mod
dying game
windows 10 exclusive

Is 1.7.10 still the main version for mods or have people finally began to port everything over?

You gotta love how Microsoft seems to never learn from their mistakes.

yes

>windows 10 exclusive
with no mods

gg microshit

Kind of depends on what you want. Tried and true, 1.7, new projects and overhauls, 1.10. The new dead version is 1.11.2, anyway, hardly anyone that has something more than a utility mod has verified that their initial ports work on the fix releases.

Go away nora

Enderio does not have a magma crucible

So what are the good combat mods

and what are your top mods of 2016

which is for what again?

Netherrack
V
Magama Crucible
VVVVVVVVVVVVV
Magmatic dynamos

thats about a dull and boring as solar panels

Better then a tree farm
Later just pipe in lava from the nether so its actually explorable

Is this a nice Nuclear mod?
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/nuclearcraft-mod

i was also just looking at that for comfyserb

mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia
Reminder that this exist and you can contribute with anything even screenshots or tutorials. Why dont fill it with content to make /emceegee/ great again

How can I minetweak squids out of existence? I have never used it before but I just want squids to stop spawning forever.

>not /macgee/

Whatever happened to the etherpad/pastebin of all the unrecommeneded/recommended mods? That seems like something worth adding.

MineTweaker does not touch mobs

There used to be mods that let you disable specific mobs, so do some searchs

not even close, I had to stop using it. JEI is shit.

......Forge has a memory indicator on the load screen now? Is this seriously how Forge will deal with its terrible memory usage, by guilting us into using less mods or some shit?

Fuck Lex and fuck cpw.

I mek change

If someone can find it that would be great. Thanks for trying to help in the wiki too btw.
I searched a few but one doesnt work and the other is outdated

Is Yogcast Complete Pack good? I have been checking it and I see so much bloat that needs to be purged from it.

>/mcg/ is x shitty?
>i've looked at it and it looks pretty shitty but thinking for myself is a chore and i'd like to rid myself of this stupid autonomy

last I checked it was made by Resonant Rise people, and they couldn't make a modpack for shit.

>inb4 assie's defense mode

At least it actually looks like it's releasing resources while baking models now. I knew "we can't just magically optimize what we do" was just a bluff.

The memory usage counter is 100% useless because of how Java's GC works and I was personally against it... you should honestly ignore it - the only reliable measurement is firing up VisualVM, forcing a full GC and reading the amount of memory used on the heap at that specific point in time.

>If you develop mods [...], keep us updated so we can give feedback.
youtube.com/watch?v=IYsKMuvrvM8

I wanted to try a new modpack that are not the mods I always use so I said why not some not ftb packs but apparently all is shit, is there at least some decent with little amount of bloat packs?

Looks great, ill love to use that, is 1.7.10 right? Also:
>JABBA

user I'm in love, does it work with other stuff?

>JABBA
Factorization. (Well, Charset, technically, but the barrels in Charset are a fork of Factorization's.)

>1.7.10
1.11.2, sorry.

Should work with just about anything, although I will have to put a whitelist on it because of potential crash/duplication issues with, for example, multiblock mods.

...user you couldn't have made it for 1.10?

I tought it was 1.7.10 due to it not having the dual wield bar, but still is so impressive. Plus the video was nicely done in comparison to other like the ones McJty makes, its so boring watching him demonstrate a mod because he acts like a retard while doing so.

Welp, hopefully someone will port it to 1.7.10

Honestly I wouldn't be mad if he had made it for 1.10, since that seems to be where new mods are going, but 1.11 just seems... wrong.

Would you consider doing a 1.7.10 version?

I liked the engine changes in 1.11 (the non-null ItemStack design makes them nicer to work with), so I moved to it. I'm designing Charset both as a set of modules for others to reuse and as an eventual centerpiece of a modpack based around it; since I can port any other mods I need for the pack, I see no point on staying on an older version of Minecraft unless the newer version is somehow less stable. (To give an example: I've been porting HungerStrike like that for a while now.)

Not happening from me. However, the code is open source, and I won't mind if someone else does - keep in mind that it'll take a while before this feature in particular gets stable, though.

>is there at least some decent with little amount of bloat packs?
Yeah, the pack you make yourself.

Modded Minecraft gives you an incredible amount of freedom in determining what kind of game you want to play and here you are begging strangers to take that freedom away from you.

Comfy pack/serb has updated: Comfypack 2.5; more tech bloat edition

Changelog:
Added various tech mods(ender io, deep resonance, openmodular turrets, etc)
Replaced Computercraft with OpenComputers
Fixed out of range potion ids
Turned off Mariculture zombies
Turned Thaumcraft research back on

Download:dropbox.com/s/srqvkrirwjzlggp/Comfypack V.2.5.zip?dl=0

Im tired of the ones I make myself plus some of them are really bloaty, I had one where dying crashed the game so I couldnt fight enemies at all. Whats a decent third party modpack? I have made mines forever but want to try something else.

I know the current thing is 1.7.10 and versions newer than 1.7.10, but when did this old version with large userbase versus new version people want to move to thing start?
I feel like it's been happening for a long time although I can't recall it being this polarizing in past

Inspiration album of the picture ive been posting: imgur.com/a/JPif9

It's because 1.7.10 lasted two years, whereas previous versions usually lasted six months or so. There IS a major difference in content, though not as major as NotEnoughMods numbers claim - NEM has received less maintenance after CurseForge became A Thing.

Note that 1.4.7 was polarizing in a similar way for a while, mostly because of RedPower 2.