Amerifat (((luxury)))

>Amerifat (((luxury)))

lol amerifats

Europoor luxury

Pic related

Forgot pic

(((you)))

>buying a rebagded Ford

America's Luxury car status ended when the Panther Platform died and no legitimate heir was found.

The fucked thing is that Ford killed the panther platform even though it was still selling great and was in demand for livery and police use like crazy JUST because they thought it was too old.

The good news is it has bit them in the ass because now police and livery service has jumped over to other companies and nothing they make is selling in the same figures as their old 'outdated' cars were.

here's ur u

Reminder that the contiental has an available BLUE interior

pfft do you even caddy?
GM has built many a world class automobile in the past couple years under their luxury brand.

Meh

The Lexus LC500 blue interior looks much better

If you don't think the '61-'69 Continental is the comfiest looking car ever made, regardless of where in the world you live, you are wrong.

americans, stay mad

In what way exactly is this comfier looking than other cars? What makes a car look comfy? Also why do old American cars all have this ridiculous track width compared to the overall vehicle width?

if you concider terrible driving charisteristics and suspension then yes

the lincoln continental is the comfiest

>Amerifat
Moving production to china due to having most sales in China. By making them in China, Lincoln avoids the Chinese 25% import tariff they charge on imports. Sure doesn't sound like China deserves Most Favored Nation status, but hey, Clinton probably approved them after they made the appropriate "donations" to the Clinton Foundation "non-profit charity" corporation.

Lincoln said in november they were stopping their move to China after Trump talked to them.

The panther factory was almost literally falling to pieces. The equipment was so worn they basically would have had to build an entire new one.
Uh, legroom?

So, remind me, what's not luxury about a Lincoln?

I mean, my '11 MKS isn't quite on the same level as my '10 760Li, but I wouldn't expect a car that was ~$55K new to be on the same level as a car that was $100K new.

I'll buy that. 30+ straight years of production.

Why not just build a new factory, then? Wouldn't the cost of building a new factory be vastly outweighed by not giving up the near-monopoly Ford had on police cruisers, livery cars and limousines until they stopped production of the Panther body?

>tfw Lincoln wont make top notch luxury cars again

They are rebagded Fords.

Probably emissions/fuel economy regs or something. Copan like the new Exploders a lot IIRC.

>implying Ford wanted that market.

Ford has historically been an also-ran in police cars. The CV took over because it was literally the last of its type after GM quit with their B-bodies and Chrysler was nothing but FWD.

Besides the Panthers weren't going to comply with new collision regs coming down without a redesign so significant that it'd be easier to start over. Hell, they should've gone away for 2008 except somebody figured out how to get side-curtain airbags to work in the seats.

only europoors think lincoln's are a luxury vehicle company

>Conservative luxury

FTFY.

>R8
>Luxury
Lol, k

>not getting the joke

Yeah, and?

I've put ~150K miles on my Expedition towing horses across country and haven't had any issues.

Either you have sufficient legroom or you don't. If you already have sufficient legroom, more legroom isn't going to make a difference.