en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Pasha_Qasim
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_(emperor)
tertullian.org/fathers/julian_apostate_galileans_1_text.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

every now and then, it is used as islamic praying space alhamdulilah XD

It shouldn't have been taken by the Turks, literally the Jews let all of them in from another kerkaporta.

If all the Jews were slaughtered before this happened, the Christian forces would've beaten the siege back.

This is why you can't ever trust them b/c they'll always side with the enemy.

Well it is a museum, they probably have cultural events for Christians too

The Turks should have a clock counting down the minutes, hours, days, and years it's been since one of the greatest western cities fell to barbaric hordes

nope :)

Delete this thread I cant take this loss any longer it is a burden on my creator's soul.

On one had I don't want Turks having it. But on the other I don't want to give it to the Greeks.

>Daily reminder that Constantinople is still not retaken
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

>unironically giving it back to the >greeks

Memes aside, has anyone here visited constantinople? Do the turks put problems on westerners? If not, I see no problem.

It is rightful Russian clay.

>Constantinople

youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c

kek

Been confusing the names since I started studying history.

>rightful Russian clay
I just vomited a little

>a boo hoo muh christian constantinopolis

meanwhile

>jerusalem
>64% Jews, 32% Muslim, 2% Christian

the saddest part is that it WAS retaken, as a World War I prize.

then the fuckers gave it back

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Constantinople

Yes, one day the Thracians will rise again and take back their rightful clay. Fuck the Greeks.

Constantinople belongs to the Latin Empire

How did Veeky Forums do at the 4CC? Been gone for a while.

>gave it back

is that what the bongs tells their kids now? attaturk marched their army towards constantinople after they beat the greeks and the eternal anglo like the sniveling cowards they were gave them to the turks

I don't want Constantinople retaken until it can return to Hellenic polytheists.

that essentially is giving it back to the Turks. If Britain, France, and Italy were serious about keeping the city as a war prize, they could've amassed the full might of their empires just as they did against the Ottoman's in WWI, but instead of escalating, they abandoned the city and let them retake it without a fight.

This.

If those shitty Jew crusaders hadn't sacked the city beforehand they'd have won, too.

Definition of cucked if you ask me.

Don't kid yourself.
Erdogan despises Christianity

> If Britain, France, and Italy were serious about keeping the city as a war prize, they could've amassed the full might of their empires just as they did against the Ottoman's in WWI

the thing was that the turkish war of independence started right after ww1, europeans are weary of another war especially after the shitshow that was gallipolli and attaturk knew that.

t. my ass

t. Mehmet

It's a waste to hand trips to cockroaches.

>not wanting the greeks to ressurect paganism in the hagia sophia

>implying pope francis isnt muslim

this

athens literally looks like a third-world shithole right now while the turks redeveloped constantinople from the sack of constantinople in the 4th crusade, see pic related the lined area is the original constantinople. like it or not constantinople (istanbul) is turkish clay now

t. Mehmet öglu

The city named after a Christian?

Look I like Hellenism too but there are two distinct periods of Greek history, and Constantinople belongs to the Christian latter.

Fuck off, he's erasing the Byzantine past.
And bulldozing ancient churches. You're literally retarded if you think a picture with Francis means anything. Francis has met with a lot of people

The West has never really given a shit about that particular region

Well its his country he can do whatever he wants

Have you been to Athens? Can't vouch for the rest of Greece but it's a beautiful city.

I think people get fucked up on the fact that the skyline isn't particularly impressive. But desu I'd take a city that looks great from the streets over one that looks good from an airplane.

Yup, Vae Victis and all that. Pretty shitty that priceless Byzantine art is being destroyed because Muslims are terrified of iconography but it's not like it's the first time this shit has happened and definitely won't be the last.

Tbh a lot of mosques have had the same "fear of iconography" bullshit happen to them in old territories of the ottoman europe as well yet no one chimps out over those

Yeah it's petty tribalism and if we go back even further it was Christians destroying pagan statues and art. It's a never ending cycle of retarded people destroying things.

I meant to say that that street goes both ways so you can't blame either side
Hopefully you understood

what did you mean? many ottoman-era mosques were destroyed in the balkan wars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Pasha_Qasim

What business do the Greeks have in Istanbul?

They haven't owned it for nearly 600 years.

Greeks can't be trusted to run a city, Athens is one of the largest shitholes in Europe.

Reminder that this happened:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey

It's Turkish clay now. Stop acting autistic over some city most of you don't even have cultural ties with.

This is what passes for news around these parts?

>they could've amassed the full might of their empires just as they did against the Ottoman's in WWI

This is one of those "woulda coulda shoulda" situations that the interwar period is full of.
Theoretically yes, but in practical terms nobody wanted to start shit over basically a symbol. Like, what were they going to do with the city if they didn't give it to the Turks? The Brits and French, at least, had shouldered enough increasingly costly administrative duties in their colonies. So would they just give it to the Italians? Why? Because muh Rome?

Nice shitpost user.

DAILY REMINDER THAT CONSTANTINOPLE SHOULD RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO VENICE

GIVE
BACK
COSTANTINOPOLI

>there are more Turks in Istanbul then there are Greeks in Greece

Athens is horrifyingly bad, basically the entire city looks yellow snd gray. Yeah you have the Acropolis and the Plaka but the rest of the city looks like a commieblock ghetto except with even more filth and stray dogs.

Not even that guy you're replying to btw

You could have prevented this
Why didn't you listen?

>francis
>not a complete heretic
xd

Fucking ottomans I swear to god

desu Alexios was a cunt

"y-yes, it was all those dirty muslims that destroyed constantinople! it certainly wasn't us catholics!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins

>Constantine
>a Christian

He was a devout follower of Sol Invictus/Apollo. Besides, Byzantium was founded by pagan Greek colonists.

I want the Greeks to discard the Christcuck religion and return to the worship of the old gods.

But Massacre of the Latins was the fault of the Latins.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_Crusade

daily reminder that Constantinople is neither ROMAN nor CHRISTIAN

>not Roman

It was literally the capital of the unified Roman Empire by decree of Constantine, and became the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire...

And 90% of Istanbul and about 50% of Turkey have Greek ancestors.

>tfw you will never be a righteous catholic crusader and burn down the orthodox churches and take some greek qts

>le dayus voolt xDDD

t. orthodox cuck.

Hows that Turk cock taste?

Devout is arguable, he had coins minted of himself next to sol invictus but many emperors did similar things. He had a typical roman attitude towards religion, which was just worship as many gods as possible, he just thought to include Yahweh and Jesus.

It's almost certain however that he converted shortly before his death. He was a Christian by the time he died and his influence was instrumental to the rise of Christianity in the empire.

Hellenic paganism is dead. And it ain't ever coming back. More likely greece just becomes atheist like the majority of Europe.

Why would you think I'm an Orthodox, Christcuck?

>Christians destroying pagan statues and art

>chop down a tree to prove Wotan doesn't exist

>MUH ART
>MUH HERITAGE
>THAT TREE WAS MY GRANDFATHER SUCH A RELIC IS LOST
lol,no.
Muslims have been way more destructive to actual art than Christians have, at least the Christians preserved and held sacred things created by Pagans.
Muslims want nothing but Islam.
Before you go on a rant, ask yourself, in this modern day and age, "How many Christian nations have destroyed old pagan artifacts and sites?"
In Scandinavia they are breaking up Churches to preserve Norse Hofs.

Islam has not changed a bit, Christianity at least knows the value of the past.

t. barg bigernes

but did the Nazis ever capture it?

Christoams plundered and destroyed pagan temples and groves on a massive scale.

>at least the Christians preserved and held sacred things created by Pagans.

The Christians destroyed everything. Literally only the works of Aristotle survived in the West, and only because Aristotlean models could be used to further Christian theology. Plato and his model - whom we think of as one of the instrumental Greek philosophers - wasn't even reintroduced into the Christian West until the 15th century with the fall of Constantinople.

>Christianity at least knows the value of the past.

Christianity only values the Christian past. Most of the works of classical Antiquity were destroyed by Christians; the majority of the scriptures of many "heretical" sects were put to the fire; nothing remains from the Mesoamerican civilizations save for a few fragments. Literally ISIS-tier: you merely call out Muslims since they are closer to your time and their impact more visible.

But Christians were the exact same.

Are you seriously expecting someone who made a post 21 hours ago to respond?

>The anti-paganism policy of Constantine the Great evolved from the initial prohibition on the construction of new temples and the toleration of pagan sacrifices, to orders for the looting and the tearing down of the temples by the end of his reign.
>The first episodes of persecution of Paganism in the Christan history of the Roman Empire started late in Constantine's reign, with his orders for the pillaging and the tearing down of pagan temples.
>There were also frequent episodes of ordinary Christians destroying, pillaging, desecrating, vandalizing many of the ancient pagan temples, tombs and monuments
>Medieval Emperor Charlemagne ruled in September 774 that the Saxons (Westfali, Ostfali, and Angrarii) must be presented with the alternative of baptism or death and had 4,500 pagan Saxons beheaded in the Massacre of Verden.

>Medieval Emperor Charlemagne ruled in September 774 that the Saxons (Westfali, Ostfali, and Angrarii) must be presented with the alternative of baptism or death and had 4,500 pagan Saxons beheaded in the Massacre of Verden.
I SHED

>Porphyry writes 15 books against Christianity
>Christians get butthurt about not being able to beat him and just burn all his books in the 5th century
---
>Julian writes 'Against the Galilaeans'
>all the copies destroyed and what few passages remain distorted, because even the Church father Cyril of Alexandria wrote that Julian's arguments were too compelling
---
>grassroots movement takes hold, rejecting the corruption and generally bad state of the Church and claiming a different version of the gospel
>region is subjected to a destructive Crusade, all Cathar adherents are exterminated and/or forced to convert back under humiliating terms, all books of Cathar scripture are destroyed

Sorry, what was that about Islam wanting nothing but Islam?

You are literally retarded.Erdoğan reopened the monasteries in Heybeliada and Akdamar,he ordered that Sumela Monastery would be restored I've never seen a church or monastery bulldozed just because it was Christian.There are still many churches in the country.Only the ones in countryside has been destroyed and even if they weren't they would collapse because of neglect.Learn about a country before you comment about it.

>all the copies destroyed and what few passages remain distorted
But user there are 3 books that survived
> father Cyril of Alexandria wrote that Julian's arguments were too compelling
really? What passage man, really wanna research this.

I'm not Greek, but I support anons desires and hope the same in the rest of the world.

I was more referring to the Islamic tendency to plaster over mosaics of converted churches rather than any specific policy or action by Erdogan, calm down Mehmet.

>But user there are 3 books that survived

There aren't: all copies were burned, and all we have left is fragments that are recorded in the works of some Church Fathers, though many suspect these have been tampered with in such a way so as to make Julian look like a fool.

>really? What passage man, really wanna research this.

"The only parts of this work which survive are those excerpted by Cyril of Alexandria, who gives extracts from the three first books in his refutation of Julian, Contra Julianum.

"These extracts do not give an adequate idea of the work: Cyril confesses that he had not ventured to copy several of the weightiest arguments."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_(emperor)

This and only this

Not even a Veniceboo

>What passage man
We don't know exactly. Cyril responded to a few arguments in Against the Galileans but he declined to record the "weightier" ones and every copy was destroyed at a later date.

interesting.
tertullian.org/fathers/julian_apostate_galileans_1_text.htm
so this is just a part of it? It seems pretty directly critical though.

I do wonder if it would be possible to actually revive Hellenism. I imagine it would require a grassroots movement along with some very robust literature to explain why resurrecting what is essentially a dead religion is desirable or even makes sense. What were the gods doing all this time being perhaps the most important question.

>What were the gods doing all this time being perhaps the most important question.
You can apply that to most faiths, even the ones that remain and indicate the same because most of the actions are by the followers, never the god, it is a law that is being followed by man, a god prayed to by man and sacrifices offered by men, without men gods would'nt exist.

Religions themselves are originated in hero/ancestor veneration and cult movements around individuals and the ideals they set, these eventually evolve into legends and myths to the latter generations attributing natural but unknown phenomenons to these legends like a Thunder God, or Water God or whatever else. And they further evolve in the confines of a organized society and when they urbanize they further reform to meet the needs of the urbanizing population and culture.

So in essence, you can just make up a lie or fable like any other religion and you will find enough idiots to follow it.

Justify it by saying that unlike Yawheh the kike blood god, the old gods are not jealous ones, and they patiently waited until their people would come back to them of their own accord.

But what if the supernatural is real?

Then you have to answer the question: which VERSION of the supernatural is real? Is Yawheh real? Are the Greek gods real? Is the Brahman real? Or is it the Dharma and the Buddha-essence that's real?

Iconoclasm is a proud Byzantine tradition.

Well it isnt but you can always use it like a currency of faith, those who believe in it can see 'beyond the veil' of this world to the supernatural that exists just beneath it. Sure it sounds like a bad thriller novel, but most religions may have started out as that.

Dont forget degenerate behavior, greed and undermining ones own future for short term gains...

Wait did the byzantines invent wall street?

Don't worry. I'm certain the Turks will overplay their hand by invading Syria and bringing down the wrath of the Russians. It'll be like the Crimean War all over again.

Turks truly are the inheritors of the Roman Empire.

Why didn't the british and co kept it at the end of WWI? It was occupied.

Tell it to the South Americans you delusional fuck.

The plaster preserved what was under it.

Yea pretty much.

i want it to stay muslim forever just because of how much it triggers the "muh western civilization muh evropa" cucks.