Why is the V10 engine so underrated?

Why is the V10 engine so underrated?

Maybe a V8 or V12 sounds more melodic, but nothing sounds as raw, brutal, and urgent as a high revving V10.

Why is the rotary engine so underrated?

Maybe piston engines sounds more melodic, but nothing sounds as raw, brutal, and urgent as a high revving rotary

3 rotor sounds most wicked of all.

because its two 5cyl engines glued together
not a common engine in the early years
in the 80's they started experimenting with 5cyl and balance them
this spawned the v10 in the 90's
but the fast paced world moved on in the earli 00's with green movement and saving the world
and the downsizing began
and the v10 last left behind

V10 is the car equivalent of a 10GB RAM stick in computers

very early v10 sounds great
3rotor sounds like an angry dog unless it's running more than 10k rpm

v8 sounds like shit. lotus v8 sound nice, but all v8 sound really fucking grating. something not right with v8.

postin best sounding V10

>LFA
>Carrera GT
>Viper
>Huracan
>M5

The V10 is only reserved for GOAT cars

Try again, Paul

Lol what v8 rumble is best

The LFA sounds fucking awesome (V10 + insane revs, how could it not) but I prefer the CGT's slightly more raw sound. Just sounds meaner, more aggressive.

F310B was best V10 sound, gtfo

Nice truck engine bro.

>mfw Dodge intentionally gave their V10 uneven firing intervals to make it sound more familiar to dumbfuck Americans who only ever hear V8s, but in the end it only made it sound broken

There are no 10 GB sticks, you'd have to put 4 + 4 + 2 GB together in single channel or something.

>not wanting the viper pickup

Coworker has one and I can comfortably say I don't. He can't even drive it four months a year because the drivetrain is as crude as the rest of it and wet cobblestone will inevitably transfer it into powerslides.

always hated the sound of vipers, even though I really liked them otherwise

>wet cobblestone will inevitably transfer it into powerslides.

What are some of the cons?

That you're going to crash into parked vehicles or oncoming traffic.

If you're a shitty driver maybe.

That's how every truck handles, dat 80:20 weight balance. They're still plenty capable if you know how to handle them. They'll still take turns at over twice the speed limit or do 160kph on rough gravel roads.

>I never crashed my 210 hp FWD econobox this means I can handle any car

>implying pickup trucks aren't the single most dangerous passenger vehicle on the road

Dipshit detected, please stick to your civic