/hbg/ - Hacking and Homebrew General

11.2 HAPPENING EDITION
Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Safefirmhax announced and released, arm9 exploit for all firmwares, allows CFW/downgrading. Currently works up to 11.1 with svchax/slowhax, will support 11.2 when fasthax releases github.com/TiniVi/safehax
-fasthax pre-beta tonight for n3DS 11.1+ twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/816019867400863748 Beta tomorrow for all models twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/815991782580355073-freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.05 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/816019867400863748
twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/815991782580355073-freeShop
amazon.com/dp/B00CE5QOIG/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
gbatemp.net/dynamic/nds-card-com-gbatemp-trusted-reseller.91/
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just bought Super Mario 3d Land but since it looks like DS loading on SD will never reach 100% compatibility, I plan on getting a flash cart to replace my Mario game.

How do you rip 3DS games to .cia format?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>fasthax pre-beta tonight for n3DS 11.1+ twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/816019867400863748 (embed) Beta tomorrow for all models twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/815991782580355073-freeShop (embed) was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
so close user

RELEASE THE BOOTROM9 DUMP derrek!

not an argument

>-SAFE FIRMWARES-
>3DS: 11.2
Never thought I would see the day.

decrypt9

>3DS news section explodes
>Wii U news section still outdated as fuck
Was the 5 hour wait worth it, latefags?

Cut me some slack, I'm phoneposting.

>5 hours was true

Welcome to 3ds general

>3DS: 11.2

Can someone please explain the '5 hours' meme?

Can we get a moment of silence for Plailect who will have to scrap and rewrite almost all of his guide from scratch tonight?

Stupid question.
If I followed the plailect guide with my 10.7 3ds I'm pretty much set?
There's no need for me for safefirm, sound or whateverhax is currently in the news?

>arm9 exploit on 9.9
>9.9 was true

that's right

I will in 5 hours

everytime someone asks something about "when" something is coming we just say Soon(tm) or 5 hours because it means NEVER EVER

>9 versions
>9 revisions
>9 arms

Can someone post that Vita Custom Theme tutorial?

Why is it that 99% of these threads is about 3DS?

because no progress has been made on any other console in the last 12+ months.

we finally free

Would I need to buy a separate external hard drive if I wanted to get into homebrew-related stuff on my Wii U or is there a method where I can safely add games and dlc to my current external hard drive?

I wouldn't be surprised if the guide is already written and needs to be published. if dev's can get someone else to write their documentation, why wouldn't they.

If your hard drive is already formatted for the Wii U, you should be able to continue using that to install shit.

So am i fine on 11.1 or should i update to 11.2?
I have no idea on how to operate ctrhttp on my 9.2 o3ds/11.1n3ds since its giving me errors when i exit hbl so i dont plan to systransfer

2017 is already starting great, HOLY SHIT!

what's the best GBA emulator for 3ds homebrew?

what? the vita was hacked 5 months ago. this was almost vita tech support for 2, 3+ months

>tfw been doing tech support here for a year and half now

I left a few times for a couple weeks but always end up coming back. Why had my life to be so miserable out of here. You will have the same fate. I barely finished any of the games I got for free ffs

don't, use VC injects

now that scene is dead until next month

Fuck homebrew. If you don't have it yet, you're gonna have CFW soon, which means direct full-speed injects.

The thrill of hacking is more fun than the games 2bh.

virtual console injection. every other emulator has audio, graphical or compatibility issues

the 3ds has a gba inside of it

Hykem said he'd release IOSU in 5 hours, before disappearing mysteriously and months later making up some story he was arrested or something. WiiU remained poorly hacked for several months with it not coming out until kinda recently, and then it died again because you know, it's the Wii U :^)

But I need cfw for that....
I'm a 11.2 latefag.

Okay, I will wait. So hype for 11.2 cfw hopefully I won't fuck up and update it. Might as well turn off wi-fi for a couple of weeks

me too, but I'm leaving when the Swtich happens because that isn't getting homebrew anytime soon

Get a psp

PS3 fat for
-PS1
-PS2
-PS3 games or Wii U for
-Wii
-GC
-Wii U games.

Help I cant decide. Both are in the same price range where I am getting it but I can only afford one atm.

You won't be waitin very long bro

you can install arm9loaderhax tomorrow

Wii U is the easiest to hack right now, but you'll need an external HDD or an usb stick for your games.

How do I do it? Isn't it only available on N3DS?

Just 5 hours.

>3ds
>safe firmware is latest firmware

The ps3 will serve you better, especially on nostalgia trips assuming it is running cfw. otherwise get the wiiu which is currently guranteed free shit.
If you have a semi stronk pc dolphin will also do wii/gc well.

Did the friendseed get banned again?

Personal preference obviously. I'd go with ps3, but if you're a nintendo fan you should go for the wii u

PS3 has a much bigger range of games but the hacking side is a hassle.
Wii U doesn't have the big range of games but is a piece of cake to hack and will become very rare now that stores are pulling it for Switch space.

SNES VC is only available for the N3DS, anything else is good.

A hacked vWii will also give you access to the rest of the Nintendo library, up to the GBA.

Not latest. Some people have been reporting an update. And probably will release one soon.

Official SNES VC and injects based on them are N3DS only, but injects exist for O3DS and are mostly good.

That's bullshit, the update id completely fake. As of now it is the largest firmware

i put decypt9wip folder that contains the .3dsmh & 3dsmx file inside the '3ds' folder but when i launch it in hbl it flashes colors then goes back to hbl.

in fact, this happens with all ___9 homebrew ive tried to use (godmode9, safemode9, etc)

What am I missing here?

Shit, I'm a fucking retard and my brain betrayed me. Thanks.

you can't emulate ps3

if you already have a good desktop for all gc/wii get the ps3

but the wii u does native gc/wii plus some games for itself

you're running it from hbl rather than running the a9lh payload

You can't use it on HBL outside of 9.2.
You need to launch it as a luma payload if you're on a9lh. If you're on emunand, you have to boot to sysnand and get into HBL from there.

hacked ps3s are much better. you can do much more shit.

I hope so. And, it's Nintendo, they do everything late and badly.

Wait.

Hold the phone.

You're saying that I could buy a brand new Wii U from Walmart right now and can hack it right now?

Looking for a USB flash drive for my Wii. Want 100+ GB and it obviously needs to be compatible.

amazon.com/dp/B00CE5QOIG/

Does this one work well?

idk, I got a private one lmao

Is there an updated citro3d or something i don't know about? trying to compile new fbi and it's moaning about citro, dev environment has already been proven compile worthy with other software.
Can't recall ever doing citro3d, mostly ctrulib.

I wish the Wii U got the 3ds homebrew treatment.
The console is less secure than the 3ds but has no devs that care.

Sorry for retarded question
Best DS flashcard for cfw? I'd prefer one without the added battery drain from its own CPU.

yes
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
>5.5.1 IOSU + Kernel Exploit Guide

Some examples? I hacked mine with multiman so I can play free games and psx roms and emulators. Is there anything else I can do?

how would i run the a9lh payload?

>You can't use it on HBL outside of 9.2.
I see.

>You need to launch it as a luma payload if you're on a9lh. If you're on emunand, you have to boot to sysnand and get into HBL from there.

Yep, i'm on luma+a9lh.
How do I go about launching it as a luma payload?

nope, still working
I don't think they'll ever bother banning this one

>The console is less secure than the 3d
Maybe that's why. Talking from my ass, but people who do shit like this probably love being challenged. Also 3DS has actual games.

nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
site sponsored by gba-temp
gbatemp.net/dynamic/nds-card-com-gbatemp-trusted-reseller.91/
so purchase right away

If you can enter a URL, your Wii U is already hacked.

Where is the best place for me to order an E3 flasher for my PS3? I'm ready for 3.55.

mainly dev shit desu.

look at Luma's github wiki for chainload payloads

Get the decrypt9.bin from the download. Put it in luma/payloads and rename it _decrypt9.bin
Then reboot whilst holding that button

Forgive me, I don't know much about the wii u scene.

Is it like the PSP where it literally doesn't matter what firmware it's on because all firmwares can be hacked?

Gonna buy a N3DS in a few hours. Any suggestions apart from checking the serial in the box? There's no way to know if it has TN or IPS Displays until I take it out of the box, right?

is your console one of the correct models compatible with the e3 flasher?

Display types are a complete meme, don't be fooled.

Only latest firmware has the main useful hacks. Which is convenient enough.

serial doesn't matter anymore, since 11.2 is just around the corner. no way to identify ips/tn before opening.

needs to be 5.3.2+ for pirating?
I think IOSUhax still only works on 5.5.1, don't think it was back ported

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
>It works on WiiU 5.5.1, and (should) work on all WiiU firmware, as long as you can launch homebrew.

you should just update to 5.5.1

It seems like the IPS Displays are usually in packs. like the Monster Hunter one. But I can't confirm you anything, I read that a long ago.

>There's no way to know if it has TN or IPS Displays until I take it out of the box, right?
No, and it really doesn't matter on the 3DS. The difference is overblown.

Yes. I double checked the model number since I knew only certain models can. Fat PS3 CECHL01.

thanks for your help guys.

>Decided to finally hack my 3DS thats been on my shelf for the past 6 months now
>Came over /hbg/ to start reading the guides on how to start and the thread for just general knowledge
>tfw just gone done reading the last thread
>tfw have literally no fucking as to what everybody is going insane about talking about Downgrading updating to 11.2 CFW thats compatible etc etc
I'm not trying to be that want to be spoonfed I'm really but can someone just shortly explain to me what the fuck is going? At the very least tell if I should hold up on the hacking until whatever is going is resorted
Please

Go for Wii U. Shit ton of games to emulate, can emulate almost everything down to the fucking Colecovision.

can confirm, honestly it doesn't look much different looking at them directly

IPS just has them viewing angles

noice. get it from amazon or ebay it really doesn't matter.

first step is to check your firmware senpai

just go in system settings