/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 2nd:
366 – The Alemanni cross the frozen Rhine in large numbers, invading the Roman Empire.
1492 – Reconquista: the Emirate of Granada, the last Moorish stronghold in Spain, surrenders.
1833 – Reassertion of British sovereignty over the Falkland Islands.
1905 – Russo-Japanese War: The Russian garrison surrenders at Port Arthur, China.
1942 – The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) convicts 33 members of a German spy ring headed by Fritz Joubert Duquesne in the largest espionage case in United States history—the Duquesne Spy Ring.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.

White.

long boy

Based

t.urk

mp when

W&B

mp when

start your own

mp when?

start your own

or I can if we want to do liqqy

>or I can if we want to do liqqy
y-yes please

based Heuy

ok let's announce to the thread

HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT TO DO VIC2 MP

t. k*rd

only if its not HPM

desu

me

me but only if it is hpm

I'm glad you don't considering your lack of knowledge.
Japan wasn't just facing superior numbers on a wide front, it was also facing shit infrastructure, extreme guerrilla warfare, shit logistics and lack of men and ressources. China stopped the Japanese advance and started pushing the Japanese back WAY before they surrendered to the US. Your commie ass is just too stupid to understand that Japan didn't rape anyone but themselves by going to war in the first place.

I'm far more whiter than kurds

just host and if you only get a couple people you can always cancel

ok setting up mp hold on

>unite Wessex and Mercia
>kick heathen shits out of York
>council won't let me continue to wipe them out because the savages swear they've suddenly found Jesus and the glory hounds aren't interested in easy wars

>I'm sorry my liege, but "Zhilugu the fucking Mutilator", one-armed monster of children's nightmares, seems to have found Christ. We need to show mercy to our weaker neighbours.

He's been going to church every week about to get his life back on track he didn do nuffin wrong just need mo money for dem programs

>Zhilugu

The fuck kind of Norse name is that?

So what /gsg/ memes have I missed in the last week, lads?

long posting

PSGK

try it I think it works probably

A 12 year old made another 'look how mature I am heh' meme, but this time about South Africa instead of Groß Germaniums

He's been shilling it the last couple of threads, just be sure to report and ignore it when he inevitably posts it.

>Dantzic
never post this image again

Where do I release Kurdistan, I want Aesthetic borders

'game not found'

Rate this Africa lads

REEEEE

att's uverse router page is weird
it's not asking for the local IP for some reason which I think it needs

You can't release them because they're a formable tag

The only aesthetic Japanese colony allowed in Africa is Madagascar!

I dismantled the Netherlands for all the indonesians colonies but I'm not ready to take that prestige hit and release all that shit

ok try it now

PSGK

Spanish Africa has okay borders. Everything else is fucking bad.

So my goal is to unite Germany via Austria and kick the sub-human slavs and their horrible literacy to the curb. Me and France dogpiled Prussia like ~10 years in knocked them out of GP, cut them down to size, released sigmaringen, and took Silesia.

This is my first time going for Germany + Austria not to mention doing it with Austria so I'm not sure in what direction I should head. Should I war France while our military tech is relatively close and force them to release Alsace then form SGF -> Gross Germany?

Leo did nothing wrong

What puppets should I make in the lands of the Timurids and Ayutthaya?

>. Should I war France while our military tech is relatively close and force them to release Alsace then form SGF -> Gross Germany?
Yes

Also don't do the KUK reform, you have to stay as Austria to form germaniums

Parthia owning all former lands of the Sassanid Empire, all of Indochina in one realm as well.

this one works, join up lads

PSGK
PSGK
PSGK

You can form SGF without AL, you just need Sigmaringen sphered as well. Once you're the SGF, fuck France up and Germania ahead

Making the Indochina one now, cannot think of a decent name for it though.

Jesus Christ.

Someone stream it

Careful user, this really triggers the SJW faction of steamcordplaza for some reason.

Psssh... Nothing personnel... mate

>worth 2 warscore

But, why?

I have to occupy myself while NGF and Niger occupy Africa.

What is the strategy for westernizing Persia by 1850 in HPM?

This

They really just hate /gsg/ and because /gsg/ has a lot of right wing users they decided that in order to be as contrarian as popular they needed to be as Progressive™ as possible.

I guess that's why they call it Lake Chad, this little guy is boss niger

The steam and discord groups are shit, but somehow this general manages to be worse than both.

It's the same for Alaska.

>Veeky Forums communities
>shit
jee willikers, i didn't expect that at all!

Where did the dlc archives go?

play greece instead and conquer persia

It isn't "bad as usual for Veeky Forums". It's "/v/ on steroids" bad.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

I don't know. Tell me? Make me laugh with your stupid conspiracy hypothesis.

>offer to ransom 25 skill commander for 10 gold
>not interested: -----

the Gary Grigsby arc. The minority (R&I) cannot suppress the majority (wargamers) forever.

>Gary Grigsby arc

Explain.

>steamcordplaza
I just don't get it, and probably never will, isn't this just a place for fellow map painting autists to just play some shitty games and talk about history (although it's mostly hitler dindu nuffin wong most of the time). What is the point of hating this place, so what if people have different opinions and shit

>they added cucking events to eu4

people were posting a shit load of Gary Grisby war games and autistic fags got butthurt

Reposting old explanation.
>The reason they do this is simply tribalism. In it's origin it was because /gsg/ used tomplay multiplayer together, but certin people started cheating and being whiny bitches when they lost, so they went and formed the steamgroup. From that day the steamgroup has hated /gsg/ and so regularly both raid it and try to take it over. That's what the warning message in the OP is referring to "We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it."

>It's increased recently as the discord server made it a LOT easier for them to formulate raids here, before they had to PM each other on steam which took a lot of time and organisation.

Is it lobby still up and is it HPM

>conducting raids on /gsg/ through Discord organization

How fucking autistic and pathetic are these people?

tell me how to release Kurdistan as Persia

with an autistic blob like that you deserve it

you can't

AHHHHH HPM PLZ I WANT TO

Anyone have the link to Westernized by 1850 as Persia?

I'm just walking around and don't know thread history, but do you always believe to anything word?

K*rds aren't evolved enough to govern themselves, kurdistan is a fucking meme.

>T*rk trying to argue that one brand of shit brown isn't as superior as their brand of shit brown

hey can someone give invite link to discord thx

rehost up

u need to restart the game lad your checksum changes once a multiplayer game ends

not him, but turks are white

>bureaucrats in Tabriz and only in Tabriz until you get 100% admin efficiency, then intellectuals to 2.5% there, then in Irajekmi, then in Khorasan
>annex Kalat ASAP, proceed to make an acquire state CB against the Sikhs, use them when there's hundreds of thousands of Indians swarming them
>do not use the decisions that give you instant RPs, if you take them by the mid 1850s instead they'll give you 5 times the RPs they'd give you at the start of the game (appointing Amir Kabir is an exception, you want to appoint him as soon as the Silver Age begins)
>always tax everyone 100% (which is only about 20%-25% effective tax), 100% tariffs until you get sphered (artisans end up being the only ones suffering from this)
>get sphered by GB, once you're +60% westernized you'll get an event about travelling to Europe at least twice before westernizing (which gives you free RPs)
>pick the productivity NV, you'll want to keep investing 100% in education, +70% in administration and +80% in the military at all times (so they don't revolt, usually this isn't much of a problem but you will have militancy problems with Persia as everything you do increases it. Also, always pick the option to keep things as they are when a GP offers to help you reform your military)

The reforms I went for were, in order:
>a free educational reform
You get by stablishing the Dar Al Funun via decision once you appoint Amir Kabir.
>foreign universities
For more daily RPs, obviously.
>land reform
Mainly because it's cheap and the productivity NV wasn't enough to invest as much as I could.
>administration reform
Done to appoint Mirza Taghi, did this 6 months before westernizing, didn't actually needed the admin boost.
>railroads reform
I was actually going for the foreign tactics military reform, but just a couple of months before I could take another reform, my monarch ended up receiving my third travel to Europe, which gave me the ~10k RPs to take it.

What should I release with this bit?

R8 my Coal Federation

wait I fucked up but it's back up now

Assyria.

Assyria, obviously. Give Malatya to Haykstan.

yes I forgot

Thanks, bruh.

done