pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20088/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for T-60 is the best PA.

Waifus

bumping
Question
Why is this considered the 'bad' DLC?
just finished it and I must say, while it's not nearly as entertaining as OWB, it was still a whale of a time. It looked gorgeous, the quests were fun and the writing was some of the best I've ever seen anywhere.
Haven't gotten to DM or LR yet, but I hear they're also pretty great
Is that its biggest crime, that it just isn't as good as the other DLC's? or is it something else that makes it bad?

I gathered when you said Nevada Skies. I can't find it on the nexus so I can't judge it accordingly.

Lads what are some good survival mods that go with vicious wastes?

>T51b was alright in Fo3/NV because engine
>It's different engine
T-51b looks like shit in Fo3/NV.
T-51b looks like shit in Fo4.
Gamebryo was gamebryo and is gamebryo and will always be gamebryo.
>Because every power armor is big and stylish so it's hard to compete
>It's different engine
Just bethfags arguing nonsense.
Beth could not get it right in their first Fallout, they redid wrong in Fo4, differently somehow.

advanced is best

>"bad" DLC

According to who? I've never heard any complaints about it and I've never had any of my own.

Not him, but HH is generally considered the worst of NV's DLc, and only better then MZ and OA from Fallout 3 as well.

Its generally considered that the writing was weak as fuck, Daniel is a super pussy that doesn't make sense, the tribes were boring, and zion had no real substance to its locations.

could someone tell me how to install the ENBseries thing for new vegas?

In response to the "in order" thing, you're supposed to because of the order you're "supposed" to learn things. You confront Elijah and then go on to OWB and you're now aware of who the characters being referred to are, except for Ulysses who is mentioned but you don't meet until LR.

Read the directions. It's typically the file that literally says "Read Me". IIRC you use the wrapper version for NV.

>According to who?
Anyone with taste. It's a garbage 45min jaunt through bullshit exposition and item fetching in a super-boring crag of rock. it's only use was getting leveled up for Dead Money.

hmm ok, how do i know which one im supposed to download though?

I'd say the only Fallout 3 DLC that beats HH is Point Lookout, but that's only because Point Lookout is one of the best Bethesda-engine DLCs period.

HH wasn't very weak in my opinion. It's set in a wilderness area, so of course it's gonna be sparse. The tribes could've had more development, sure, but for what it was it was a nice excursion.

The only nitpick I'd have is with Graham. He's a cool character and all, but his deal in New Vegas was that he was a shitty tactician that failed Caesar entirely. Yet in HH he's made out to be some kind of warfare genius and a badass.

The newest one. The one under "Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas".
Get your shit together Ethan.

I think I fucked up royally. I installed my mods in a separate folder on my harddrive. MO2's default is on my SSD where I dont have enough space for 26 gigabytes of mods. But now loading takes forever, even changing weapons takes forever and textures struggle to load at times so I had to disable the grafix overhaul. Fuck

jej soz lad

t. Brotherhood of Squeal

Didn't he only lose one battle in which the rangers had to save the ncr.

ah thats fair enough then, oops

I thought that the whole idea was that it was a situation that no general could win and caesar had to make an example of him to keep up his rep/bump lanius into the top spot

Not him but no, its said several times that Graham's problem was that he was entirely predictable in his attack pattern, and the NCR used that to lure him into a trap.

Gentlemen, how do we make the Institute great again?

> complaining about people actually explaining themselves in detail in a fallout game

Its also stated that Graham had never heard of Lanius until some time ago, suggesting that Lanius wasn't even part of the Legion until after Graham got tossed off the cliff.

dont dump supermutants fucking everywhere

Do you know how to get rid of the 7zip error?

Right, I forgot Obsidian fans needed the game to hold their hand and spell everything out for them.

Space exploration.

The fuck are you trying to do? Install the ENB with NMM? You do it manually. Read the instructions. Extract the files first, then read the fucking .txt file. At no point do you put the files in NMM.

And I forgot Bethesda shitters need to be able to walk away from incredibly small amounts of text.

nah ive done the ENB already, i was trying to install one of the body mods but ive sorted it now

>Realistically being able to walk away from a conversation you don't want to have is bad
Okay

Don't try to fuck with the human condition.

Don't build weapons.

Engage in trade and fair dealings with the surface.

Although, another question, what does it mean when it says missing data?

Stop playing Fallout 4.

Not in itself, but designing the whole game around having ADHD is poor game design.

Oh, that's fine then. Carry on.

I was going to suggest exile all the higher ups to the surface for a month.

What were you doing, where does it say that, and what is the exact thing it says?

I PHYSICALLY CANNOT
SEND HELP

It says i can rearrage stuff from the contents tree, or i can click ignore

So, I'm kinda in an annoying place with my AntAgonizer rolplay. The one I was bugging people about ports to FO4 about.

I just finished to the Superhuman Gambit in FO3 and things were going smoothly... and this screen happened. Tell me that doesn't look like she just lost her right eye.

Losing that eye would explain why she doesn't use guns so much, relying on hand-to-hand and her superior strenght, traps, and stealth. Thing is, I'm a shallow son of a bitch, and I'm not sure if I'll decide I don't like playing a crippled character somewhere down the line, and I'm planning on taking her into or through Vegas.

I suppose I would have the Rad-Regeneration perk paired with the end of the MQ radiation blast regenerate the eye if I decide I don't like it, but... I don't know.

Would appreciate some input. I'm going to swap over to my Enclave playthrough for a few days while I think about it.

I cant get raider overhaul to work for some reason. Is it because I have the VIS valdachi compat patch? Well, when I say I cant get it to wrok Im not really sure, since the raiders look and play just the same as in vanilla

Remake Fallout 3 on the Fallout 4 engine and I'll stop playing Fallout 4.

Being able to walk away from a conversation isn't "ADHD" or any other term you want to use because you consider it bad.

All it does is show Bethesda is evolving and trying to make the RPG experience more immersive and realistic while Obsidian is still stuck in the past with wiki excerpts and exposition dumps in place of actual dialogue and interaction. You preferring that doesn't make you better than others who enjoy Bethesda' game design.

'Shaun was a mistake'
- Board of Directors

>You preferring that doesn't make you better than others who enjoy Bethesda' game design.
That's where you're wrong, fag.

>Engage in trade and fair dealings with the surface.
They already tried that, the surfacers just threw it back in their face.

>Don't try to fuck with the human condition.
Literally all progress humanity has ever made has been about fucking with the human condition, because the human condition blows ass.

No. Fallout 4 engine is buggy trash.

Oh. Rearrange stuff, that means the "data" folder is one too many folders in. Pull it out of that folder into the main one.

I oughta personally kill Shaun one of these playthroughs.

>have superior tech and production capacity
>flood the surface with cheap useful shit.
>wasteland tycoons band together and lobby for protectionism
>wasteland merchants living off institute outputs lobby against them
>the plebs take side
>because wasteland, the dumb peasant outnumbered the merchants
>some vault fuckers have the bright ideas of blaming institute for all their trouble
>get nuked
j-just dont mess with people, they all gud bois, they dindu no nuclear apocalypse and shieeet.

hmm, i have already clicked ignore for one before i knew what it was, does that mean that that mod won't work now?

I thought things failed because a synth upped and attacked people out of nowhere?

Depends on who you talk to.

> RPing as Ana Amari
> Almost every time im in bed I wake up next to a young person
> find out the Goodsprings trailer I've been squatting in actually belongs to Sunny Smiles and we've been sharing a bed for nearly two years

What exactly is it about my wrinkly egyptian ass thats so appealing to all these youngsters?

No.

The CPG failed because the various settlement representatives fought among themselves.

The Institute got blamed for it because the synth was the last one standing when shit went down.

The Tute spent years trying to make the CPG work.

Correct. It didn't install anything. Just install that one again.

Stop experimenting on wastelanders.
Engage in open and peaceful relations with people of the Commonwealth.
Bring back old Robotics and recommission pre-war automatons.
Bring back Virgil and give him full pardon, as well as the ability to resume FEV cure research.
Limit Gen 3 production to organ transplants to heal the sick or injured.
Existing Gen 3 synth stock undergoes complete overhaul to make closer to human. New iterations with biological immortality are scrapped completely.
Expand synth zoology to resurrect dead species of plant and animal, gradually reintroducing them into the biosphere.
Reassign Coursers to detain Super Mutants and other rogue experiments.

>They already tried that, the surfacers just threw it back in their face.

They tend to try to manipulate people rather than work with them.

>Literally all progress humanity has ever made has been about fucking with the human condition, because the human condition blows ass.

It hasn't really changed to a large degree.

>Engage in open and peaceful relations with people of the Commonwealth.
That would require the people of the surface wanting to have that with The Institute, they do not.

>Stop experimenting on wastelanders.
>Bring back Virgil and give him full pardon, as well as the ability to resume FEV cure research.

Nothing to add to my considerations guys? I had a sort of 'ideal' about how I wanted things to go, how she would look with the cowl off, and missing an eye is a big character change.

That said, I can see how it might also be a good one, perhaps. I'm just not sure, and as I plan to stick with the character for literal years of playing, I want to be certain.

The best place to start would be to not fucking replace people with synths.

Seriously, they could do pretty much whatever they want in their own little space as long as they weren't fucking killing people and replacing them.

>They tend to try to manipulate people rather than work with them.
They only started doing that AFTER the CPG failed and everyone started blaming them for shit they didn't do.

And it was done as a reactionary measure in an attempt to preserve themselves from the overly hostile and paranoid wastelanders.

The Institute has only replaced like 4-5 people with synths.

Those being
-The Mayor
-That guy in Goodneighbor
-Roger Warwick
-Art

90% of the synths in the wasteland are the Railroad's fault.

Don't forget all of those settlers.
Things change when you don't include the most damning thing.

If nobody knew there would be a synth at the CPG they weren't really working with them.

>And it was done as a reactionary measure in an attempt to preserve themselves from the overly hostile and paranoid wastelanders.
By making them more paranoid and right?

There is also the holdout with the synth sidequest and synths as settlers which may have been replacements.

So this mod nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20088/? (the mercenary - pack) has inside it a weapon called the sknife and an armor that makes it so you can carry that knife on your back. However i found the actual weapon in game on a couple of corpses and it is invisible. Anyone know where the texture is?

I was referring to the broken mask incident.

>If nobody knew there would be a synth at the CPG they weren't really working with them.
Except it was known there would be a synth working with them at the CPG.

The only synths they had during the fall of the CPG were Gen 1s, and The Institue was public and open about working with the CPG.

>By making them more paranoid and right?
No, by replacing key figures such as the mayor of Diamond city and using them to pass laws like the anti ghoul decree in order to keep the population of the wasteland too divided to be able to attack The Institute.

>There is also the holdout with the synth sidequest and synths as settlers which may have been replacements.
The what?

And synth settlers are not known to be replacements

The Broken Mask Incident happened decades after the fall of the CPG.

Everyone hated The Institute before the BMI, they just got more paranoid about The Institute replacing them after it.

Does MO have something that organizes the load order?

Yeah, there's a button on the left hand side of the plugin section.

Oh yeah, thank you

Regrowth is pretty nice, even though I need to tg every now and then just so I can see where all the bodies dropped.
And the occasional hovering tree.

>No, by replacing key figures such as the mayor of Diamond city and using them to pass laws like the anti ghoul decree in order to keep the population of the wasteland too divided to be able to attack The Institute.
That would be working against them in essence proving their suspicions right.

>The what?
The event where a settler is pointing a shotgun at an identical copy of himself.

If you pass a speech check with the copy he says he needs to kill the guy with the shotgun.

Should've clarified that I was referring to that because I had completely forgotten the CPG was even a thing.

That's Art, who was on the list already.

>That would be working against them in essence proving their suspicions right.
Which they only had to resort to becuase the wastelanders had already built such an elaborate conspiracy about The Institute being behind everything that The Institute actually had to become behind everything in order to prevent them from attacking.

>The event where a settler is pointing a shotgun at an identical copy of himself.
That was Art, who I already listed

>That's Art, who was on the list already.
My bad, there is also the problem with the list in that we can't tell which synths in the commonwealth had been replacing someone.

>Which they only had to resort to becuase the wastelanders had already built such an elaborate conspiracy about The Institute being behind everything that The Institute actually had to become behind everything in order to prevent them from attacking.

Wastelanders had no ability to attack the institute.

It seems like things had quieted down until the BMI. That created the replacement panic.

>Wastelanders had no ability to attack the institute.
Sure they did, we can see exactly how they could have in-game with the Minutemen.

Indeed, its even stated by several NPCs that the Minutemen actively fought The Institute back when they were in their prime.

>Sure they did, we can see exactly how they could have in-game with the Minutemen.
Didn't they need data from the institute to do that which was supplied by the SS.

Fighting off patrols on the surface isn't much of a threat.

Right last question, for some reason it is saying its missing the mission mojave ultimate edition.esp Any idea why?

Wait nevermind

Everyone and thier grandmother assumed(correctly) that The Institue was under CiT.

Really, while The SS made it easier, it wouldn't have been that hard to dig a hole large enough to reach the top layer of The Institute.

Actually no, my New Vegas just crashes on startup

-2077: Great War
-2110: Institue is founded by CiT faculty and students who survived the war by hiding in the basement of the CiT building
-2170s: Fall of the CPG
-2178: Institue begins testing of recently acquired FEV
-2180: First super mutant horde attacks Diamond City and is beaten by the Minutemen
-2180s: DiMA and Nick escape The Institute
-2224: Institue maxes out FEV research possible with radiation damaged wastelanders
-2227: Shaun is kidnapped by The Institue for his pure DNA which is combined with FEV to form the synth compound
-2229: Broken Mask Incident
-2242: Karness and Armitage are built by The Institute
-2266: Institute attacks Railroad operations, killing then leader Agamemnon, reducing the faction down to 13
-2273: Institute attacks Railroad operations, killing then leader Wyatt
-2276: Zimmer leaves The Commonwealth to track down Harkness in The Captial Wasteland
-2277: Madison Li leaves The Capital Wasteland and heads to The Commonwealth, evnetually making contact with The Institute
-2282: Synth McDonough passes the Anti-Ghoul Decree, banning all ghouls from Diamond City
-2287: Fallout 4 begins

Nexus allows leftist violence fantasy wank mods?

Actually saying that, this is all that comes up

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks to the contraptions mod the worst girls, Piper and Cait, can really get their due.

Made even more ironic by the fact that they actively take down Nazi-related mods of the same nature. The only ones allowed are radio stations and minor clothing reskins.

>Art
Yeah I met that guy last night, too bad I came too late and the shooting already took place: I'll never know if that' sthe true Art or..wait, that corpse didn't have any synth component on it..but that mean...

I MUST WARN THE PEOPLE AT BUNKER HILL

Curie or Die

It just required a giant robot.

Need some New Vegas-related advice.

I'm torn between choosing two mods: AWOP and Increased Wasteland Spawns.

AWOP used to be garbage but supposedly its latest update fixed almost all of its problems.

IWS hasn't been updated since 2011 but is supposedly still recommended.

Which do I choose?

Not really.

Just because the BoS used one doesn't mean they NEEDED one.

I'm pissing myself with laughter here my man.

If there was an easier method they would have done it.

What's the real life corporate equivalent of Institute, aka something that's fundamentally impressive but fails on every level in the public eye

NASA?

Are you stupid user?

The BoS is all about BIG FLASHY EXPLOSIONS and show of force