Haunted Cars

Would you own a haunted car?

Pic related. Murder-suicide in this car's history. It was also in Gran Turismo 4, the first of their SEMA cars.

barrettjacksoncollectionshowroom.com/Home/Details/1962-BUICK-SPECIAL-CUSTOM-BUWICKED_102617

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2011/02/The-Bugatti-from-the-Lake---1925-Bugatti-Type-22-Brescia/3695551.html
youtube.com/watch?v=z3LtVsY8Y9w
news.nationalpost.com/news/the-foss-lake-mystery-bodies-found-in-oklahoma-lake-identified-as-three-teens-who-vanished-in-1970
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/27/identified-three-oklahoma-teens-missing-40-years-found-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>For 40 years, this car lived its life as a bone stock, all-original 1962 Buick Special. When it was acquired by Ted and Sue Richardson in 2002, everything changed. Ted partnered with Ryan Butler of Hot Rod Fabrication in Auburn, WA, to bring to life his vision of what would become the first of its kind in the custom world. The goals were simple: build a sleek and drivable car with an awesome power plant and stance to compete for 2003 Street Machine of the Year. They wanted to do this while maintaining the overall look and feel of the original car, yet build it to drive and handle like a true high-performance machine. The build started in September 2002, and by June 2003, Bu'Wicked was ready to revolutionize the custom car world. At the heart of Bu'Wicked is a Pro-Charged, fuel-injected 455 Buick big block putting 555hp to the rear wheels through a Richmond 6-speed manual transmission. The car sits on a custom Art Morrison Chassis, suspended with a custom coilover suspension. It rolls on 17" Budnik Arrowhead wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot sport tires, all brought to a stop by Baer Pro 13.5" rotors with Alcon 4-piston calipers. The interior features Fiero bucket seats up front with a custom-made rear seat and full roll cage. The door panels were custom-made to match the lines of the front fenders of the car, with everything upholstered in hand-stitched green leather to match the paint scheme. After making its debut, Bu'Wicked went on to be a top-five finalist for Goodguys 2003 Street Machine of the Year. Since then, the car was on the cover of Custom Rodder in the January 2004 issue, was featured in the December 2003 issue of Popular Hot Rodding and was profiled by Popular Hot Rodding in their March 2004 issue. In addition to the magazine articles, the car has been immortalized in videogame history as a playable car for all to drive in Sony's "Gran Turismo 4," released in December 2004.

I would own a haunted car.

I would not own that vehicle.

>they didn't even use the pillarless hardtop as base

This was one of the first cars to kick the horrible baby boomer trend off.

>This was one of the first cars to kick the horrible baby boomer trend off.

no it wasnt

Boyd Coddington started cars built like that in the early 80s

What is this baby boomer trend term I see thrown around here all the time? How is it defined?

gaudy lowered classics with big ass chrome or billet wheels mostly

I like to think the devil Z is a mix of haunted and crazy ass tuning.

Any why is that bad? That hood is horrid but is simple enough to change, as are wheels

doesnt matter looks like shit so most dont like it

plenty of them were LS swapped and loaded with gaudy interior work

theyre just ricers tbqh

The main problem with most of them is that the interiors are utter shit and look extremely dated and out of place; like some '90s kit car.

The boomer hate mostly stems from them wanting absurd prices for everything, included rusted out pieces of garbage that only deserve junking.

Yea I can agree with that, interiors should be as original as they can get. Classic gauges look great no matter how old they are

Well he ignored the most frustrating issue which is the god awful interiors almost all of them have. I can understand a bit of customization but trashing a perfectly good dash for generic digital gauges and color matching it with the rest of the car looks terrible and is expensive to fix

Some of Veeky Forums gets assmad over engine choices which is kinda silly.
>do full blown build from the ground up
>hurr why did they put a 454 in over the stock 6 cylinder

Exactly. I can understand gauges, but I hate plastic switches and shifter surrounds that just scream '90s. Half of a car is the feel behind the wheel.

Yes because I do not believe in ghosts. I'd also have no problem with owning a murderer's possessions

Because it started a trend. Let's say the car in the OP sells for $250k. It has had extremely high attention to detail, and is semi famous, so this justifies it being worth so much more than $10k for a normal one. Here's where the problem starts, boomers who have one rotting away in their garage now think it's worth $30k, and boomers with a nice running one think it's worth $50k. Price is firm, if you don't buy I'll fix it like they did on the TV. Obviously no one buys, and a decade later the car is still be used as a shelf for the boomers overpriced parts that also won't sell

I actually meant keeping the stock gauges.

I remember reading a story of how this one kid back in the early 70's dunked his 69 camaro SS straight into a lake, taking our his 3 friends in the car along with himself. They only recently found it, i think back in 2012 or some shit while dredging the lake.

It was a rusted out hulk of a car, but enough of it there to still resemble what it once was. I wouldn't mind taking a welder to that thing, put some new running gear in it and drive it again.

that shifter looks straight outta a late 90's sunfire...

yeah Im sure a car that spent 40 years underwater just needs some welding and wheels

We had something similar happen between friends, no one died though
>friend has Mustang in HS
>goes off with his gf
>we know he leaves the keys in the visor
>time for a joy ride
>tearing ass and having a good time
>one of the guys who came with us doesn't know how to drive stick
>lies and says he does
>ends up driving the car into lake
>fuck
>tell friend car was stolen
>decades later they drain the lake and the car is down there
>friend finds out and is mad as fuck

I prefer the factory gauges, too, but I understand how they don't always work and how they can't always be made to work; but, then, get a set of vintage aftermarket gauges.

There is no excuse, however, for those horrible plastic seats and interior bits.

Well no, of course not you autistic fuck, but am i really going to list everything I'd need to fix?
>frame
>rear diff
>motor / tranny
Those are the basics to get it moving.
Replace the brake system, Thems the basics to get it stopping

but leave everything else as is, including the body.

also:
>implying running gear is wheels

I see this cluster in so many classics, it's just the worst

>says some retarded shit
>w-well y-your autistic

lmao

you would be building another car

Anyone who uses that in a classic car has shit taste.

hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2011/02/The-Bugatti-from-the-Lake---1925-Bugatti-Type-22-Brescia/3695551.html

you wouldn't?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT LOOK AT MY DIGITS.

Oh god, this car proves how stupid some of the design decisions in Gran Turismo are

>Gran Turismo 4
> is considered a 1962 car and an unmodified car
>eventhough it has all these modern mods on it like says, you can use it in events for pre 1970s cars and unmodfied cars
>DMC Delorean
>considered a 2004 car for some bizarre reason
>already comes with "upgraded" exhaust when you unlock it
>therefore can't be used in events for 1980s cars and unmodified cars
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=z3LtVsY8Y9w

news.nationalpost.com/news/the-foss-lake-mystery-bodies-found-in-oklahoma-lake-identified-as-three-teens-who-vanished-in-1970

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/27/identified-three-oklahoma-teens-missing-40-years-found-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake/

A lot of people in the area believe it wasn't an accident.
"Both cars, police said, appeared to have been driven straight down a boat ramp into the reservoir, ending up about 50 feet from the shore."

That doesn't happen when you're going to a foot ball game.

There is also more info on the older car found beside the camaro in the second link.

That shit is definitely haunted.

Before the crash.

I wouldn't worry about it.