Why is the Paris Commune not taught on schools?

Why is the Paris Commune not taught on schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Regency_of_Carnaro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriele_D'Annunzio
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Fiume
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Fiume
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it failed, and you're lucky if the little shitheads know who Hitler is after 5 years of history classes.

Because claiming that Russia invented communism is better for the anti-Putin agenda

In my European History class (I live in Texas) we spent an entire lecture on the Paris Commune.

I happened to be reading about the Paris commune on my commute home the day of the November shootings.

Felt strange for it be on the news when I came in.

It's because it isn't covered on the vast majority of history courses available in my country. There are a few but they are generally extremely specific.

That's pretty rare I think

It's a minor footnote in history, so schools are unlikely to require it to be covered. Of course, professors still have the ability to talk about it on their own.

Everyone knows that Marx was german.

Bosch genocide when ?

Because kids are dumbfucks who will forget about it the next year.

> Be me in Grade 7
> Teacher asks kids if they know the Holocaust and Hitler
> No one raises hand
> I raise hand and say it's when Hitler killed Jews and Hitler was leader of Germany
> Teacher is shocked at how retarded her class was

What baffled me was that these people played Call of Duty and still had no fucking clue whatthe whole game was about. I thought Holocaust was common knowledge for everyone 10+, but instead I'm just an edgy history fag who vents on anonymous anime boards.

> Be in college
> No one knows Pol Pot
> Don't teach in schools because he was U.S. ally
> Doesn't fit into narrative of America supporting freedom

At this point, I think kids should just learn basic facts about history and expand on that knowledge themselves at home or at the library. ((( Education ))) is a propaganda tool and parents don't give a fuck about the Paris Commune and the ones who do teach it themselves.

Well I am guessing you are an American, Europeans genetically enjoy researching things, thus kids here know about the holocaust and everyone in college would know about pol pot

Dude, maybe you were in some kind of special ed class, kids around Europe are dumb fucks but most of the kids in Grade 7 know who fucking Hitler is, and I refuse to think that US people are that much dumb and uninterested about anything

Jesus, don't give them any ideas

>and I refuse to think that US people are that much dumb and uninterested about anything

Then you'd be wrong

No lie had a chick ask me who won WW1 unironically in 10th grade

WW1 was a footnote too, like 5 germans and 16 austrians died. Who the fuck cares?

It lasted like 2 months.

Because it failed.

This

It is an extremely small footnote. If it is to be taught it should be only to show how extreme leftists are incredibly vile and anti science.

Still the very first communist revolt in history

Right as I said it's a good example of shitty communists are

hahaha well it depends on the school I guess. I did study it

Because the Paris Commune was stupid and insignificant. No need to waste time learning about a failed experiment that lasted for like 3 months.

It was a failed rebellion that lasted for a couple of weeks and was only possible because the state and city itself had just lost a major war. Only commies focus on and wank over the Paris commune.

Why don't they teach the Fiume Endevour in classes? It was the first implementation of a corporatist socioeconomic system and arguably the first fascist state in history after all.

because things are taught IN schools, not on top of them

Don't want the proles getting any ideas

We were taught about it in our school but hey, third world countries really don't count right?

>and I refuse to think that US people are that much dumb and uninterested about anything.

Have you ever even been to this country? The stupid fat American stereotype exists for a reason.

Most people are not that monumentally dumb, but many are, especially when it comes to the subject of history and geography.

What country?

could you send me some links to that? i wanna read about it but google is giving me nothing

they don't want the proles getting the idea to recreate a failed example of failed ideology?

*tips*

Why do people always assume everyone else is retarded just because they don't engage in class? No one is raising their hand because your teacher is asking stupid questions that aren't actually engaging, and you're the kind of student that likes to pretend you're smarter than everyone else.

>communist
>calling someone else a fedora

never thought I'd see the day

Have you ever seen pics of Ayn Rand?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Regency_of_Carnaro

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriele_D'Annunzio

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Fiume

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Fiume

It's a pretty interesting piece of history.