/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

qt drone edition

previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iYGb8VHjRI
edition.cnn.com/2017/01/02/asia/south-korea-robot-bulgarov/index.html
steamcommunity.com/groups/eggpryion
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The space pirate battlebote got an upgrade now it's also a functional U-bote with a minimal heat signature mode.

Even underwater, with the diesels running it could be thermal detected from 2.2km away which was fucking dildos. Strangely, steam boilers don't generate any heat so I installed a little 7 block turbine to maintain depth. It's so ridiculously efficient the ship can stay submerged near indefinitely using something like 0.3 materials/sec with heat detection radius of about 100m

The whole cat and mouse game with passive and active sensors and stealthy designs is pretty cool actually. I didn't know the alloy blocks were a radar stealth material until last night.

I want to do the spengies but don't know what I want to build even or build towards.

build towards machinecraft

Tonkssoon

youtube.com/watch?v=_iYGb8VHjRI

Just the thought of a bunch of t-34s and t-54s zerg rushing thru europe in that way makes me laugh

It's like Nascar, but with tanks and explosions.

How do I fly plen in Kerbal Space Program?

Step 1: Ingest draino

11th for proto mechs edition.cnn.com/2017/01/02/asia/south-korea-robot-bulgarov/index.html

With some more guns this might work.
>swing-wings
>battleships

Makes sense. Those are the two best things.

>goes to its sides to walk because no hips

>TRANSFORMERS MOVIE (tm)
>TRANSFORMERS MOVIE (tm)
>TRANSFORMERS MOVIE (tm)
>TRANSFORMERS MOVIE (tm)
Jesus christ stop

Thought it was this for a second

bump
this guy is rude :(

>stage prop for starcraft movie/osl promo vid
live action gundams when?

>>/trash/

look, i just want some help you schizo.

Go fuck yourself and look up scott manley you bag of bait.

KSP is not allowed in /egg/ or in Veeky Forums following the indefinite moratorium, instituted by the mods, and approved by everyone who was around for it, due to the fact that kerbniggers deserved it.
Fuck off

So THIS is why I see Vitaly's name plastered all over recent mechs. Up until now, AFAIK, he's stuck to digital renders but looks like he's making it into the real world now. Good for him.

How the fuck do I join the hws server on empyrion

Go into your options at the start screen and make sure EAC is enabled and restart the game.

Just type HWS into the sever searchbar and it shoudl come up.

We are on the NA PVP server.

what the hell are they about to make the ancient football field sized computers? why would you the that big of a resistor?

You coming or what?

>why would you the that big of a resistor?
Its value is not particularly remarkable as well.

I'm in now, joined the pirate origin. I'm applying for the faction now, is there a steam chat?

steamcommunity.com/groups/eggpryion

Minigun Monday A Sucess

Can protected planets be interacted with without landing on them, or are surfaces instanced?
If it's possible, then colony drops could become quite deadly with some kind of accuracy enabler (since non-faction players still wouldn't be able to get close, regardless of instancing or not).

Wish I knew.

That's a nice space station. Anyone know if it's on the workshop?

The hunt for sathium and neodymium

It's actively balanced over the center of mass, not because no hips. The actuators are too slow.

I should be happy that a space voxel game can finally claim to be an mmo but i feel sad that it had to be empyrion

It was always going to be a compromise game. I'm actually surprised it wasn't Abortion first.

That's pirate npc station from HWS

>MFW in a couple of decades you'll be able to buy something similar, if not vastly superior tech wise, for the equivalent price of a normal car today.

This is fine

>mfw except you won't

It turns out you -can- detect and intercept torpedos, they usually have a sonar so if you put passive sonar on your bote it picks them up.

Had some luck with interceptor torpedos and proximity fuses but they were too bulky to spam. 4 blocks or less would be perfect. Anti missile lasers work pretty well on torpedos but it would be nice to not need them.

Even if you speed it up, no bipedal animal walks like that, the hips have yaw movement.

Since it's so big with all that propulsion in one place, don't you think it might be a good idea to cover your propellers?

Build your own user, its not that hard.

Covering them up more couldn't hurt but is maybe a bit cheap and meta.

Thanks to angled metal blocks being buoyant(!) the ship doesn't actually sink it needed a bunch of concealed props to submerge. I felt bad about those too so there are little intake ducts and outlets and stuff.

If you speed it up it WON'T walk like that, it walks like that BECAUSE of the speed.

I havnt played space engineers in forever due to how choppy it rendered (stopped when planets hit), got a new pc since then, has it gotten any form of optimization since? What have the devs added?

Whats the best way to run the game for max fps with a NVIDIA gtx 960 gpu?

if you allowed KSP in /egg/ it would be fine, /kspg/ was the problem not the game itself.

/v/ still has tons of people not disillusioned with the game. whom i will invite here at every opportunity.

>Intentionally inviting them to post about something that may get them banned
Have you at least warned them WHY there's no general for it and told them to be careful?

It won't get them banned. /kspg/ is banned, not KSP. If you folded KSP into another general (like this one, just for example) it would be left alone unless you filled it with autism like /kspg/, so long as it's not /kspg/ users talking about /kspg/ mods wouldn't give a fuck.

I haven't seen a KSP thread on /v/ in long enough anyway. I'd test the hypothesis myself but that would mean playing KSP to gather screenshots and FUCK that noise.

KSP will never be allowed in /egg/
Fuck off.
No one wants you, no one likes you.
Kill yourself.

My main worry is if posting about it attracts the old shitposters from it back out of hiding, which is why a number of us react like , we just don't want this general to get modfugged too.
Or bombarded with shitposting in the first place, for that matter.

Why are you responding, you fucking retard?

You seem to assume I actually play KSP.
I'm just pointing out that the mods don't give a fuck about the game itself, only the old general.

I think you'd have to go some distance to get fucked like /kspg/, it was a shitposting general for a long time and it's only after an autism explosion where they made 10 threads at once and became avatarfag central that it finally died. More importantly if KSP itself was a point of contention the first point of attack would probably just be to ban KSP posters.
by weight of numbers alone /egg/ could probably take latter-day /kspg/ if we tried, I'll bet. (But unlike the "mods don't care about KSP" hypothesis, I sadly can't test that, since it'd be impossible to control-for. How sad.)

Reminder that it can be safely assumed that all /kspg/ posters are ban evading due to mod nuking of their threads and their continued agitation of the mods.
Reminder that the /kspg/ discord is probably still around.
Reminder that a few months ago they tried to resurrect it under a different name.
Reminder that it can be safely assumed that they ran several attempts to split /egg/ from /svgg/, as when they tried to resurrect themselves, they wanted to take a good chunk of /egg/ with them
Reminder that you should report and hide all KSP posters.

Reminder that you are being paranoid for all the most retarded, wrong reasons.
Reminder that anyone posting KSP might be one of those fuckers just trying to divert the thread into shitposting, so it is safe to assume that all KSP posting is shitposting, and treat it as such.

Reminder you're all shitposting right now instead of admitting empyrion is /egg/ until KEEN monkey house is finally gassed.
So it's safe to assume all shitposters are Marek sockpuppets and should be treated as such.

What if we just want to show off our autism fueled space gerbil sandboxes?

Post ships, not shits

All hail the Pasedia

Is reassembly welcome here?

Please explain it's /egg/ qualities and we will think about it.

I have a feeling I bought that in a sale because it looked radical.
After checking, I can confirm I did but have not played it yet.

What is it again

You pick a faction to play as with different traits and design bigger and better ships to fight other ships. Essentially you're engineering new ways to kill the other ships. It has physics and destruction is based on a block by block basis.

Battleships forever but slightly not as good.

I am mostly sure that falls into the category of "arcade" games.
Jagex, the faggots behind runescape, had one of those types of things too.

It's not really complex enough.

Oh shit, Void Hunters? I remember creating a mass driver-covered monstrosity that spewed shit at everyone on the server until they all quit

Can you merge other ships into your shap to maek one big hulking mass of death?

No, but it does have drone launchers so you can cloud the map with swarms of them and give yourself a factory ship so you can spawn more factory ships that make even more factory ships and fill them full of drone launchers drowning the enemy in sheer numbers or make a super fast ship with no weapons but a tonne of armor so you can ram enemies to death.

not /egg/ enough
not /svgg/
Still better than astroniggers.

Post a screenshot of the building menu.

What's that Bindings button?

Controls what weapons get fired together and how they fire.

>Guns don't need to be uncovered to fire
ALL THAT WASTED TIME

Whatever happened to right clicking an inventory port to pull out the exact number of components need for building whatever item you have out and ready to place?

Still needs to be suspended from the ceiling to move.
Also i remember one user rightfully shitting on it because of the joints/motors, can't remember the specifics and/or why they were bad choices because i'm doing electronics/electrotechnics/domotics/whateverit'scalledwhenyoupasscablesthroughahouseorfactorythenhookitalluptotheelectricalnetworkandsomePLCsforfancyness

>that size
>only 100-101 ohms

Pfft. Waste of space, energy and materials

>Not symmetrical

Now you've got me seeing it.

Why not rangeban every snekshlongcatcock shitposter to the point they have to do like that other tripfaggot on /v/ that had to buy a new phone with a new provider because he exhausted every single IP address of the previous one?

I'd rather ban retards replying to 3 hours old shitposts.

Be needing detailed stats and a video of it in action, pal

Because we'd still have chucklefucks who wallreply like you, no matter how much effort was put in

>implying i bother looking at the time
>implying i bother figuring out if it's 1,2,or n different posters and thus use exactly n replies
Rin-Rin ain't gonna beat herself, she needs a good helping of chainsaw.

stroke-chan?

No, Anarchy Reigns

He could just have put a tiny 100 ohm resistor inside, or it's just a solid rod that's exactly 100 ohms when the probes are at that exact distance from each other....

Because even after you'd banned every cellular network in the USA (a brilliant idea btw) they'd just use VPNs.

>Reminder that it can be safely assumed that they ran several attempts to split /egg/ from /svgg/, as when they tried to resurrect themselves, they wanted to take a good chunk of /egg/ with them
Fucken lel, you paranoid wank.

I went through their archives in an attempt to dox some of them.
Not paranoia

Then ban (better, rangeban) the VPNs...
Aren't all proxies/vpns/exit nodes already permabanned for CP in some measure already?

Links pls. I never knew there was an overt conspiracy against us.

>Reminder that anyone posting KSP might be one of those fuckers just trying to divert the thread into shitposting, so it is safe to assume that all KSP posting is shitposting, and treat it as such.
Assuming bad faith is rarely a good idea.

Why not calmly say "KSP isn't allowed here" instead of telling people to fuck off?
If they're a shitposter: They've got less to work with because you don't come across as mad
If they're posting in good faith: They'll understand and accept after inquiring as to why not.

Fuck you, that was months ago and I'm not digging through that pile of shit again.
There were insinuations they were responsible for splitting factorio from /egg/ as well.
I never did get closer than tuscon for the snakefaggot, though there were definitely more than enough pictures to get an exact location.

>Assuming bad faith is rarely a good idea.

>It's not a good thing to be too suspicious, but very often it's the right thing to be
Original: A pensar male si fa peccato, ma molto spesso ci si azzecca
Giulio Andreotti

And it was one of our best politicians for a reason

Is not suspended. It's a power umbilical and it probably does have straps to prevent it from falling.

And I wasn't shitting on it, it's a handsome prototype that explored the configuration well. Next step should be uprated actuators to move faster and give it a dynamic gait.