/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Skylight edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-2-2017

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=glmWVMH018wC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q=vr&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=4KxEuUp5Efw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for ps4 shitters

Do you have a source for this or is this conjecture?

WHY CAN'T I JOIN MY FRIENDS SQUAD
WE CAN'T JOIN EACH OTHER WE KEEP GETTING CONNECTION FAILED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

p sure there are small references to it. I mean shit, look at the whole tachanka bit where he was 'pronounced dead for a few minutes' and they fixed up his turret. Not to mention, theres no other reason, why would trained professionals be terrorists if it wasn't a simulation/test?

Yes but does it HAVE to be explained or be some form of cannon?

Do we have a working theory for why people respawn in other video games, or do we just take it as "lol this is multiplayer" but for some reason people on Siege can't help but fucking explain it as a simulation?

Gotta restart uplay, enjoy.

It's a video game. Jesus. I'm also 99% sure virtual reality was referenced as a training tool in the Rainbow Six book.

Virtual reality was referenced in the books
books.google.com/books?id=glmWVMH018wC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q=vr&f=false

Thank you for the proper OP, OP.

Didn't work, still getting connection failed

i just wanna play some casual :^(

>20 year old book
>using this as hard evidence that your multiplayer shooter is canon world building

LOL

This doesn't work with everyone, i have problems connecting to some friends too. You ust have to find a friend that can host the squad and invite everybody...
Also why can't I get another discoball??!?!?!

>tfw played for 25 hours and still don't know my way around the maps

Siege devs know what they're doing and using source material

It takes time. It tooke until about level 80 to learn my way around. I'm now level 157 and still learning new spots and angles

only 25 hours? thats nothing

does anyone else drop frames outside maps but once you get inside its fine?

How much VRAM do you have?

8gb, i thought an r9 390 would run this game better than it does

>constant VR shitposting
>It's literally a multiplayer game with no story present
>There is less story present in Siege than in Overwatch
>You are still drawing conclusions

oh my fuck please

I have an r9 390 and it runs the game fine

settings?

It should do just fine, I have a Nano and everything is on High or Ultra. The game shouldn't be too demanding on your CPU either..

How is the community on ps4 and how does the game run on the regular console? thinking of buying this game, starting to get a bit fed up with bf1

Res: 1920x1080
Texture Quality: Very High
Texture Filtering: 4x Ansiotropic
LOD Quality: High
Shading Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: High
Reflection Quality: Medium
Ambient Occlusion: SSBC

These are the default settings that it set when I installed the game. Haven't bothered fiddling with them, looks fine to me. Runs at around 60FPS, havn't noticed any huge FPS drops

Trying to make my first webm, any tips? The default 3mb size is right, correct?

Here's a link to the vid I'm trying to convert:
youtube.com/watch?v=4KxEuUp5Efw

How long is the clip you are trying to convert? good quality 720p30fps video max is around 30 seconds and 15 for 60fps

Yeah it's like 4 minutes. Damn. Alright, the clip isn't very amazing cut down to any given 30 seconds. I'm just a shit player and this is the second time recently when my entire team dies before we enter the building/plane and I end up performing well completely out of freak accident and the other people's greed.

>Bringing up Onlywatch for no reason

20 seconds maxed at 3mb with HQ streaming on at 720.
8-10 seconds with 1080.

>Only 25 hours
Everything checks out

It is a shame then. The part from 4:35 onwards would make a good clip though so you should make that a webm desu. cut from 4:35 to 4:56 to and drop resolution to 800x450 and you should get a pretty good webm with the 3MB limit

My head cannon is this

Article 5 takes place with the oringinal cast

The DLC operations are after article 5 and when the new operator arrive.

Just bought the game couple days ago and have grinded all the vanilla operators and some gun add ons.

Where the fuck is the legacy operator bundle? cant find it on in game store, on pc as well.

Legacy what?

I'll try. I'm making a clip of some dude with crazy lag killing me and taking zero damage despite me getting a 3 foot away shotgun neck/chest hit marker.

Here's my first try.

So I was playing at like 5am, and every game was full of people from Spain, UK, and elsewhere.

Better than all the xmas children that have recently flooded the game.

But this bullshit happened.

Trying to make this one next:

I'm sure you will enjoy this one then..

Appearently you can buy all the old year one operators in a bundle somehow somwhere

>Console
I found your problem

It's called Operator Bundle something, it's $19.99

>Be waiting to join a game
>Someone gets added to the group
>Sees I have an anime name
>"Weeb faggot"
>Leaves

Maybe try not having an anime name?

Let's not start platform bs. I left PC MP for a reason. I only play things on PC if I have friends playing them.

I'm sorry but compared to my era of PC gaming, there are too many children and outright asshole/narcissistic 18-27 year olds who make it unenjoyable.

Today's games are more balanced to cooperative multiplayer, not just each person knowing the basics and pulling their weight.

Considering most people online regardless of platform can't do the second, and are unwilling to do the first, I don't even bother get invested anymore. Every platform has its merits.

>tfw you realize all you have to do in order to get to plat is find some comfy nook behind a whole bunch of clutter and just lay down with a hot cup of Hershey's Dark Roast CoCo™ while waiting for an enemy to walk by oblivious to the tiny fragment of you sticking out

PC has way less children than console.

>Defending people being petty shitheads
Don't be stupid now
different user btw

I don't like this gif
Why does she get slapped
She was just smiling

New player here.

How does the system decide who goes on what team? 99% of the time, I'm struggling to solo carry my team, who is either afk or tking each other in spawn.

While the enemy team is fucking seal team 6, and raping us.

Is this game always like this, or is it just because of the sale?

It's because of the sale.

Normally it's operator-tier stuff

It'll go back to normal soon don't worry

Casual's matchmaking is no-man's-land-anything-goes. I advice you go into ranked as soon as you are able to. You will have a very hard time in the placement matches most likely, but from there you should hopefully get better matches with people around your skill level

You perfectly illustrated the difference between R6S and CSGO

Yes, it has far fewer biological children. I can't explain what makes certain games on PC so much more obnoxious than on console or console equivalents. I can make some shit up, like the high amount of free or near-free games added to the huge amount of piracy cause people to have a low value for the games. Perhaps it's people on PC tend to take a game more seriously and be more competitive, which if you just want to have fun and not seriously grind skills or knowledge these goals can clash and guess which one is more likely to sperg?

It's hard to make an example with this game, because I've played it on PC and PS4. The only reason I play PS4 more is because I have a few friends on PS4 and we fuck around on Casual/Terrorist Hunt and have laughs. But I think we all know those games where if you were to examine Joe Casual or any decent gamer who just doesn't take that specific game seriously vs the general's meta it's a huge chasm.

I want to note, for the most part even the high level players on PC seem to be pretty chill and friendly people in this game, and from this thread.

Once more, any game is better with a friend and I just happen to have mine on PS4 for this game.

For BF4 I was convinced to buy it on PS3, and then met friends who had it on PC so another hundred fucking dollars dished out but I played the fucking shit out of it with them and had a blast.

>wants to play Siege casually
>plays on console for this reason
You're fine in my book.

Its the sale. While casual is usually bad, I haven't seen it this bad in a long while.

Most of these people wouldn't even be capable of doing hard terrorist hunt with a full group.

Siege was too serious for you? Are you fucking kidding? That is the only reason anyone plays it. Occasionally we dick around in 5 v 5s or go shield team 6 on randoms, but generally we are playing to win.

And you're why I use this general. Logical, friendly community.

Here's my webm from that capitao capture above, I had to try it a few times to get something not so ugly.

Sale new friendo.

Get to 20 asap so you can do them ranked matches and escape the legion of drool cap down syndrome kids that just bought the game.

What kind of backwater server do you play on? Here on AU servers even Bronze players drone everything.

How are you even recording on console

Ps4 saves the last 15 mintues if you want to save a clip

Well, to be fair I got the game not expecting a full blown MP-only game on PC. When I realized what it was, I was fine with it, but while I liked it I never really wanted to invest in getting amazing at it. So I played and put it down until frost/buck when a friend on PSN got it. So I got it to play with him, and we ended up making a small group of friends who play.

Being serious and being dedicated long term are a little different. I'm not dedicated long term and I'll never be a plat or diamond. But on the other hand I can have fun, use team tactics, and enjoy the game with others the way it is meant to, without trolling my team.

I think that's legit/ok.

If it wasn't as serious as it was I wouldn't like it. I'm not really into arcadey stuff like Overwatch that is all round feeling and imprecise. Siege is right in the middle. The mechanics are meh/ok but the feel is fantastic.

If you want to record something on PS4 you can use a controller button to tell it to record the next like 15 min. Alternatively and more realistically you can tell it via menu or button press to save the last 15 min. The console also has basic and advanced tools free for editing and uploading, including adding commentary or music, editing your memes in, etc. I put lots of clips on my YT of random shit for friends to laugh at, but I've never been into uploading otherwise.

It was literally impossible for someone to be where you were aiming as the room wasn't contested.

You should have been holding one of the hallways and not prone

Someone got the image of Carl from ATHF as Rook with Blackbeard at the window handy?

Requested last thread. Sorry about the guitar.

I'm a shitter. So that back left corner of the room (where you can blow a secret hallway out) isn't an area where you can challenge?

From that drop where would you have gone?

Also what's a good way to always gauge head level? I've always struggled on consoles to adapt to head-height to make headshots easier and quicker, so trading for me is always deadly, and more often I am forced to rely on ambush and flanking.

what the fuck happened here

>sign on
>queue for ranked
>wait 5 minutes
>get a match
>house
>offense
>move a few feet
>start getting shot from window
>return fire
>enemy ducks back
>glaz shoots me from behind
>dead
>wait for round to end
>defense
>fuse pushing up stairs
>peak and blast him with shotgun
>ash thought she would be cheeky
>she starts pushing up stairs
>peak and blast her with shotgun
>no reg
>duck back behind wall
>drop over dead
>alt + f4

One a day keeps the memes away. I'm honestly surprised at how fast I've deranked. Biggest jump was Plat 3 to Gold 4 after one match. Down to Silver 4 now after a couple weeks of oneadays.

I've been getting a little tired of Siege myself. It's good but honestly after a year or so it's starting to show its flaws at the seams pretty harsh.

Recently I've bought a shitton of nerf gear because my kids and I play nerf war, and the past 4 days instead of playing much I've been sanding, painting, and modding these guns.

>not much time left, decide to take quick peek into the nearby room and rush for the hostage
>get ambushed by jager, manage to turn and fire off one shot at him immediately before going down
>that one shot was a headshot, win match
>upload clip to post

The hallway you are talking about was reinforced. No one could have come from there. Before you drop in you should have a general idea of where the enemy is; north, west, east, south.

When I drop that hatch it's usual in the middle of an engagement, but if I do I'm aiming to the right of the door to luggage hallway.

You should hold one of the hallways; it's a 50/50

Did you see the full clip or just that little webm of 25 or so secs?

I'm a complete shitter and knew at least one person was upstairs.

When you say to the right of the door to luggage hallway do you mean beyond that little wall piece where there's vault-able luggage?

That makes sense as a predictable place for people thanks.

Here's the full clip of the round, my team was KO before I entered.
I linked it in that post so someone could watch while I tried to webm it.

Any tips? I appreciate your advice so far.

>ps4 players tend to play as the BR monkey
hmmmm really makes me think

You got no proof that the second one is even ps4

INTRODUCE THEM TO PAINTBALL, YOU PUSSY! WITH FROZEN PAINTBALLS FROM THE FREEZER!! YES I KNOW THEY'RE ONLY 5 YEARS OLD BUT THIS BUILDS CHARACTER!!!!

Actually I picked him for a "Win 2 rounds as BOPE Operator" challenge yesterday. I like sledge, smoke, mute, thermite, etc. Mostly I like a gun (Smoke, Mute), sometimes ability (sledge, Thermite).

But what I play most of all is whatever is missing. On console people just pick what they like, so I try to play what we're missing. If we are missing a good breacher I'll play that, but if we have one I compliment it. If we have mostly damage dealers I'll roll blitz with charges, etc.

I agree about building character, but I guess since you don't have kids it's hard to understand. You can build character without being abusive too. For example, my first born was a little "fragile" in that he'd get hurt easily and cry. We already wrestled around a bit but I started turning it up a notch, but making sure to keep a smile and take his blows with a giggle too.

So now he's a lot more tough and he got it through love and rough play. I was raised probably like you where men don't cry and stop being a pansy and don't be a fag. Girls get attention for crying, boys get shamed kind of stuff.

There are better ways to handle it without giving in to the pansies who just say let'em cry. Gotta find that middle ground.

Like that god episode of futurama. When you've done something right, they won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I'll remember the shit that made me tougher forever, like doing exercises as punishment until I was the only kid in my class with biceps and pec muscles. It was an abusive amount. My son will be just as tough if not tougher than me without ever remembering the shit I do, and probably even tougher because he won't have the emotional baggage of his mom/father figure calling him a fag or pansy for being a kid, then forcing him to do 130 push ups for letting the screen door close on its own.

Just bought this game today. Been playing for 6 hours and I fucking suck. I'll be lucky to get 1 kill a whole game, holy shit.

Its normal. Being good at this game seems to be a combination of a few things:

Using your operator.
Getting good shot angles.
Knowing your maps.

When you start combining them, you get some interesting stuff.

There's advanced stuff too, like knowing where people like to hide, how to flank people using the loops in the maps, and using the map destruction to get shots. Decent headphones are a godsend. Turn down the music.

>constant shitposting about how Siege multiplayer is canon and fits in with the lore of the universe because of VR
>implying this is stated or even implied anywhere
>someone references a 20 year old book from an author who has had no control over the name "Tom Clancy" since 2008

>Overwatch actually has characters discuss story details or makes mentions to lore in prematch situations
>While the game itself isn't canon their comments reference things that are

The comparison is apt.

Here's what I want to know. When I'm breaching a wall and looking to get first shot at the dbag prone behind a desk trying to peek what does that bullshit matter? I've never even read a clancy novel, nor do I care to. Let's not forget Overwatch is made by Blizzard who made Diablo 3 into a Disney story.

Story can be very important but in a competitive multiplayer game something as simple as that one game...Evolve the shit was, is simple enough. You're just cloned repeatedly or some shit.

It's not their fault that the meme exterminator is so good.

I'm going to side with this guy. I play a fuck ton of shooters on PC and consoles and I also have started gravitating towards console. PC just has way too many fucking people who want to pick fights, troll, or just shit disturb for no reason other than to ruin shit... And it happens all the time. There is always one salty manbaby in every fucking lobby.

Play a shooter on console? Chat with a friend or two, and just relax. Kill people, have fun, log off and go.

There is also something to be said about the lack of accuracy with a controller - in some games it can actually improve the quality of the gameplay since people aren't able to insta headshot people all day long. As an example, I love Insurgency, but sometimes just having some dude with only 2 pixels of his head sticking out of a rock 100m away able to snipe you instantly with his laser precise SKS is just silly. It doesn't work that way IRL. Same with Siege - Ash and 1 speed memers aren't as much of a problem on console, because despite having a netcode advantage they don't come flying around the corner with 100% accuracy.

PC is still king for the hardcore shooters. I want to play ARMA or something that requires 100% attention I need to be at the computer... But just logging on to Siege with a few friends and having a good time is way better from my couch than from the computer chair

>I've never even read a clancy novel, nor do I care to.

Reading is for pussyfags.

I'm literally arguing that no multiplayer shooter needs a story, but for some reason every second or third general for the last few years there is always some fuck going on about how it's a simulation... But they don't do it for other multiplayer games.

It's just stupid and autistic if nothing else

I'll just list off things I saw:

>had an extra drone and never used it
You don't have to hard commit to droning, you can throw it down and ask a dead teammate to watch it

>didn't use the ladder and went down to under 50
Just use the ladder you had the time

>tried to kill people with the flame arrows
I mean it's possible, but they're not hitscan so they won't travel as fast as bullets

Etc

Defenders shouldn't be able to leave their area for 30 seconds after the game starts.

>The red dot sight on huehue's crossbow is unique and you can't equip it on any other gun
Fuck you, ubi

>wanting the call of duty 4 airsoft red dot in rainbow six

No

Thanks man, and honestly you said it better than I could.

Someone said I was alright for acknowledging that I was playing casual and doing it on console where that kind of laid back, non-competitive attitude is more expected, and even the competitive is usually not hot.

I enjoy Arma 3 mods, and used to play with the general here for a while but there was a lot going on so I stepped out for a while.

If I want to get serious and pump some adrenaline, I'm on PC.

I wish I would have realized this stuff earlier because there have always been games I want to be serious with and games I just want to poop around in, but I think it came with age.

I'm also dad user here: You on PS4?

I read, for example my grad present to myself from college was an 800 dollar book set called Great Works of the Western World, and I've been following the 10 year plan, of which I'm on Year 9.

I agree that it's stupid, but I wouldn't say autistic. To different people different things are important. For example those jammers would be able to blackout huge areas. I'm a comp sci nerd so this irks me. I want to see thatcher take out enemy comms too.

Some people hate gun stuff, or not enough mods for guns.

Any videos that show how to drone properly? I always end up just droning a room or two ahead because shit changes so fast, but it doesn't seem to help me. Am I just impatient?

Yeah, ladder jump was fucking dumb, my bad.

The flame bolt was to push them back from the door. I can't outshoot them, I'm a terrible shot on console, but on the other hand if I can push them as they pull away, I'll have the advantage. That's what happened, although a good amount of luck involved regardless.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll work on droning, look for videos.

But it's already in the game

It's on the HUEHUE memecrossbow which also shouldn't be in the game... and to their credit it's probably an alright optic to use on a crossbow but don't quote me on that

it's basically two pieces of cancer glued together

>you on PS4

Nah bud, sorry. On the Xbone :(

It's all good. Maybe I'll see you in Arma someday.

Show us on this doll where the evil crossbow touched you user