>dickwolf mod by user

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25272.0
youtube.com/watch?v=WnRrPqgKBS0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6895.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ayy update when, Tynan?

2nd for retaking [/spoiler]the planet[/spoiler]

We've been moving through these threads fast, do you think we have enough (you)s to last the winter?

Glory to our patron saint, adictcat. The cat endures cancer so that we may not.

Does anyone know how one can disable factions? I really like the medieval times mod but I really dislike their factions because they always lag the game when they appear and they aren't that interesting to fight. Their traders are shit, too.

>[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Go to bed, user.

How is the medieval mod, anyway? I've always wondered how people survive without, you know, modern technology.

xth for that comfy new thread smell

How do I get rid of crappy weapons in my stockpile besides selling them?

Anyone have programming or modding experience here? I'd like to ask a few questions.

You need a huge hay field and a someone basically making ice as a full-time job, but you can get food storage to 1C with enough of it.

Keeping the base lit and warm is easy with braziers, but you need a constant supply of wood for them.

If you get mechanoids, prepare for fun

incinerator to burn them
smelter to turn them into raw steel if they're made of steel.

if you are talking about modding mount and blade ask away

It has nice new textures and makes the transition between the different techlevels smoother, if you start with tribals. Still want to know how to disable factions, I've looked into the factions.xml but I'm not sure what does what.

I love how stronk /rwg/ is going at the moment

Thanks, helpful anons. May consider a memeival playthrough sometime.

We have never even been on sale yet! They have yet to see our final form!

Post defense designs. I want to see what you anons have.

So I guess I figured out how to disable a faction (or to increase their number of bases on the map):

1 is the standard value, which means that that faction will appear on the world map. If set to 2, two factions will appear, so if you set the outlander faction to 2, there will be 2 friendly factions with different bases on the map. 0 obviously means they won't appear and the dev mode isn't spitting out any errors, too. So I guess this will work.

Probably means how many faction bases will appear on the map. So if you want your world littered with bases everywhere, increase that.

Oh shit I just noticed some held open doors. I tried arresting two people and neither of them were right. I am gonna watch my pawns real close now.

I need a good weapon mod that doesn't add bullshit overpowered things, shit that just doesn't fit, and that isn't Combat Realism: Bugs Out The Ass edition.

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting such a good answer to that question so quickly. I might consider doing this with some of the glittertech factions.

This is very helpful to me, thanks a ton my mane!

LewisDTC's weapon mod and Rimsenal are good. The latter is now much closer to vanilla balancing and doesn't add overpowerd shit anymore. The weapons are still very strong however, as they are considerend late game additions.

Medieval Times is also nice. If you use it with LewisDTC's mod, make sure to delete the NeolithiicRanged.xml that comes with Medieval Times, though.

There's Glittertech, but the weapons are pretty stronk there as well. Never tried CR so I can't compare, however.

Rimsenal is a pile of shit. It's unbalanced, half the shit in it has bugged sound effects.

Honestly, Glitter Tech's weapons are ridiculous. I'm not really sure why I actually use it anymore.

try this? ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25272.0

So what do you want, then? More assault rifles with a different set of textures?

>Glitter Tech's weapons are ridiculous
Haven't used the mod since the update hit. I kinda like the weapons it has, they look and sound nice, but they really need to be toned down by a ton. They dwarf vanilla weapons in comparison.

LewisDTC's seems fairly alright, from what I'm looking at so far.

Tried his a while ago, same issue as 20th Century Weapons Pack. A lot of the weapons, like the Dao-12 in 20th Century and the P90 in RT's are just ripshit retarded and will tear anything apart.

Looks-wise, they're alright, and the sound is fine. Balance wise, they're fucking insane and they ruin the game. If Commandos siege you early, you just fucking lose unless you're doing some sort of ridiculous cheese strat shit too. It's kinda like Medieval's retainer raids. A thousand guys in fullplate with personal shields, and they just fucking wreck you.

Glitter Tech does have some weapons which are absolutely fucking retardedly overpowered. I'm still using it for now, but I've gone in and edited the numbers for weapons that I see that are blatantly broken, like the projector gun that fires a 50 damage explosive energy blast with a range of 80 and the accuracy of a rifle, twice a second. I mean sure, I could have just bought i from the store and had absolutely no issue defeating any enemies until other guys using broken weapons showed up, but that doesn't seem fun.

Seconded for DTC. It adds a bunch of neat, tiered weapons that are nicely balanced and fit aesthetically into the game perfectly. If you're looking for more weapons that fit seamlessly into the vanilla game, I don't see anything wrong with DTC.

is there any good turret mod?

More Vanilla Turrets is fairly good

my boy randy coming in with the saviour

I don't get why people sperg out so much over high-tech weapons. An assault or charged rifle makes neolithic weapons useless and high-tech makes the vanilla endgame weapons useless. What is the point of adding new stuff if it ends up being the same as vanilla, just with different looks?

thanks tanned american

I was 93% sure I was seeing a butt hovering over the baby in the thumbnail.

Dude, she's gonna smoke all your weed, lmao.

cooking and growing heat on the same pawn is super top-tier tho.

If you get those over powered weapons it makes all other factions on your planet even more of a joke than they were before.
You might as well just uninstall because there are no more struggles. You have won.

NICE! That's some shit I love to hear.

It makes me wonder how does it work in comm systems though. Does it increase amount of colonies that you can trade and communicate with?

also were there mods to increase amount of activities you can do through the comm system? Hospitality kinda does that but it's about guests on the map rather than calling them.

That is the point.
Why else would anyone post pictures of happy families on a taiwanese cartoon enthusiast forum?

why the fuck would you ever spring you own trap? are colonists really this fucking retarded?

>an assault rifle that fires 12 10 damage rounds every second at sniper rifle accuracy and range
It's not that they're high tech, it's that they're broken. A few colonists with assault rifles can still be beaten by a dozen tribals with bows and swords. A single colonist with aforementioned broken rifle can destroy pretty much anything in the vanilla game, as well as any other mod content that doesn't add in equally as overpowered gear.

Not if these factions also have access to these weapons? They'll outnumber you greatly anyway since your wealth skyrockets to insane levels.

I'd rather play with unbalanced weapons that enable you to actually use the combat instead of relying on killboxes.

Fug, turns out animals can break doors after all. They came at us from behind, i had no time to rearrange my defences. Sad thing is, most of those wounds are from crossfire. Turns out bringing all my turets in one place is not such a great idea. Good news is, i don't have to worry about food for the whole winter.

Do they have a path around them? They will never walk over (and risk triggering them) unless there is no other way

Rimsenal: Security - adds really fancy and interesting turrets. They are expensive as fuck but feels nice and are pretty different one from each another.

You shouldn't use them if you are doing old good killbox. I play with them only because I find killboxes boring as fuck.

Options in the comm systems are based on the number of factions available, not on bases. So

Will add a new entry in your comm station because this will spawn two factions instead of one. However they will be essentially identical other than that they are two factions and angering one won't bother the other one.

never really have problem with manhunters because you can just have a main tank in front of the door while everyone shoots from the back

>Peter has been hiding in his room without eating or doing anything for days
>Peter has gone berserk! Reason: very joy deprived
>Starts beating the shit out of his cute sister who is actually useful

A one doot salute for Trumpet
youtube.com/watch?v=WnRrPqgKBS0

Well okay, that's pretty retarded. But you can still easily adjust values in the xml files, this way you can tune the weapons however you like.

Yeah, that's what I've gone and done. I like a lot of the new stuff in Glitter Tech, but apparently the guy who made it hasn't worked out that adding shit in like that fucks the game balance like the first female colonist to land on the planet in decades.

Its one thing to excuse a games shortcomings because mods fix it.
But when you have to fix mods by modding I think we're going too far.

>After cracking her ribs and clubbing the colony leader who tries to stop him in the spine he's taken down
>Catharsis x2 +40 It felt good to finally unbottle my feelings. (Expires in 3 days 6 hours)

That's the problem with most modders. They tunnel vision on their idea of cool new stuff and forget about the game they are modding.

Modders have no obligation to anybody, you can add whatever shit you want to the game. If you like certain aspects of a mod and dislike others, the best thing you can do is change what you dislike and keep what you like. You don't need to, the option to wait around for somebody to make exactly what you want is always there.

Never tried DTC so I can't say a word about balance aspect but I prefer going from scrap tech through the quality firearms of our times all the way up to the future tech.

DTC seems to hold it somewhat in modern technology.

Are you supposed to interact with colonists passing by your site in some way?

I like the idea of "turret bases" that the player adds a weapon to to make a custom turret based on the stats of that weapon. Not updated to v16 so eh.

There's the hospitality mod that lets you run a sort of bar/hotel for visitors. In Vanilla the ones passing by are just there for you to rob or kidnap.

Not really true. Just get Rimsenal: security with rest of the mods. Early game enemies go after you with just ferals and shit tech somewhat like tribals. If it's actually some high tech fucker he's mostly alone or paired up. You can deal with those with early accessible constructable HMG's or LMG's

Maybe Randy is more of a bitch if it comes to raids but... Randy is Randy. Don't expect fair from him.

It's absoluetly inhuman early on but enemies also have access to these. They are becoming useless against armored targets later though. Same you have to try and armor up to survive these raids.

I'm not saying it's perfect. I just prefer it. Sci-fi is more fun to me. Even if it means bigger discrepancy in balance between certain raids. I believe it's balanced enough in general.

>Grizzly bear, arctic wolf and cougar breeding program is finally up and running

The fact that it will tell me what is under a wall when I hover my mouse over it makes me want to lay down concrete before building them to sate my autism.

Anyone else think that eyeballs are a bit too valuable in EPOE? They're 1500 a pop, and regularly sell for 1000. You can buy a damn advanced power arm for 9 eyeballs, and you can harvest those without any mood penalties by installing two eye patches.

>Cougar

did you tame them or buy them

>RoughCass hasn't sent a raid in a few days
>Combat supplier from Thireuay
>Combat supplier from Ithum

I'm scared

They can break doors, but will only attack them if they see a pawn go inside. If you can't deal with the pack militarily, just wait it out and turn off the turrets. They'll eventually fall asleep and then start pathing away, and then you can attack without fear of retaliation.

I was referring specifically to the Orion Corp Commandoes from GlitterTech, the ones with the OHKO melee weapons, god-tier shields, some of the best armor around, and the top-end weapons you can get which light you on fire so that you can't fight them.

Both. Took a lot of exotic traders to finally get breeding pairs

make me proud user

raise a new generation

That's some highly advanced autism you have there, user.

Thanks, I made it myself.

So counter OP with OP.

The pessimist trait should lower your expectations and make you happier desu

>tesla coil
>cannons

what mod is this

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6895.0

>when your colonists are sad because their friends are dead but the mood bonus you get from putting them all in sarcophagi is greater than the penalty from them being dead

4 days before harvest all my corn is blighted.
I would have been mad if last years food production didn't go so ridiculously well.

You're thinking of nihilism

Why are your colonists cat-people?

>colonist goes berserk
>have everybody melee them to down them
>forgot one guy had a knife
>eye (cut out) ear (cut off)

I wanna start a new tribe, but don't wanna start in mild forst or tundra. What are pros and cons of other geoms? Tundra was not so bad, 2 month winter is pretty comfy. I want to start in a desert this time, but i'm afraid it's goint to be too hard.

>a15

shame

how to get hay

Jungle? Lots of trees, lots of malaria. Very tribal.

Would be nice if there was a "ruined city" biome or an "abandoned underground bunker complex" biome. Or a "spaceship" biome.

Plant haygrass, receive hay.

Because I'm not going to recruit any humans. Orassans tolerate the cold much better and I'm in a cold biome. But really its just because I like cat people and the idea of an all cat colony.

For the only way into my base besides a single heavily guarded kill box on a small corner of the southright side of the map, is this enough? I need this passage to do anything on that side of the map but I absolutely cannot allow any enemy to get through it.

It takes most the day just to walk from the left side of this image to the right side, but if a raid went through here they would have free reign to my food and power production with no defenses to stop them.

>It takes most the day just to walk from the left side of this image to the right side
>50m and a few doors
are your colonists literally snails

Installing eyepatches in place of eyes to avoid mood drop sounds like exploit. I don't think it was intended to work like that.

I mean you can say the same about installing secondary prison colony with psycho doctor that deals with organ harvest but... that's a whole different kind of deal and bunch of expenses to get the organization running.

Do you run orassans with other mods that injects new factions? I wonder about balance issues and problems if those happen.
I'm enormous catfag... I must touch the fluffy tail

Fuck, man

>crashed spacehulk in (mostly) one piece
>big enough to take up 3 map tiles and make a huge desolate crater around it
>other factions will begin to check it out for loot
>you can send a caravan to do same
>tight corridors, fog of war, booby traps
>bugs, space soldiers, mechanoids, lost and terrified tribal explorers, unspeakable horrors, shell-shocked victims of aforementioned horrors that just want out, just lots of combat encounters
>important materials/parts that could expedite building your own little ship or some other powerful tech
>dig too deep and unleash some tyranid-tier FUN

I have to wonder how big of a passenger manifest the ship had considering all the "ex chef" tribals and "failed painter" raiders and to populate a planet with radioactive death storms. Thousands? Tens of thousands? There's no way tribals would be able to function on a planet with radioactive fallout or toxic storms for even one generation.

>>Installing eyepatches in place of eyes to avoid mood drop sounds like exploit.
Sure, I'll give you that. But the huge mood penatly for taking some spare parts is ridiculous anyway, so I don't feel bad about doing that.

I mean without that. That mountain is the divider between the bottom right and bottom left sides of the map. I had just tunneled through after reinforcing my side to make it feasible to even do anything on the left side.

I was looking around for new factions to add but I couldn't really find any that was different enough without adding a whole bunch of extras.
Like I'd want a medieval faction to raid me every now and then, but I don't care for having all the medieval workshops myself.