>Previously on /dbt/
→ → →

Other urls found in this thread:

dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/buy-sell/used-cars/paper-work-when-buying-a-car.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Onsa a cute!!
Rin a shit!!!

Who?

No idea but I'm guessing its from some dumb anime thing.

ur mom

Autistic anime girl riders.

how do you get a used motorcycle home that was purchased from a private party?
>trailer/ box truck (uhaul)
>ride it unregistered
>leave it there, get it registered, then ride it home
>have the previous owner ride it to your house
>hire a transportation service

Just ride it home. If you have a bill of sale thats good enough for if you get pulled over. Or trailer.

i stuck a yharness and pigtail on mine so i have GPS power at the bars and an open lead just under the fairing for lights or whatever later on

just have a buddy go with you and ride it home with the bill of sale or trailer it if needed

Early for no longer a nobike cuck, I'm a hasbike cuck now.

>looking at gs500
>clattering noise on startup
>seller says he took it for a ride without enough oil and local shop listened to it and diagnosed crankcase bearings
>could deal with that but worried that the crankshaft might also need replacing

fug

so how's everyone else's weekend going?

DO NOT TOUCH
Plenty of fish in the seas

cb125?

Oh god you got another honda. What is it?

You should have forgotten all about that bike as soon as you heard even half of that.

Excellent, I just bought another ancient piece of shit Honda that doesn't run.

85 vt700c shadow

>I just bought another ancient piece of shit Honda that doesn't run.

you're a retard kitkat

why not get something not shit that you can have fun with?

Oh man you got a BTSP mobile

>get shitbike running again after months
>ride around block wearing muh new arai and rev'it gloves
Am happy
Couldn't be arsed to resize the pic of my shitbike so here's my memecruiser at the Rolex 24 qualifiers today

Here's the shitbike, '81 cm400 (now for sale!)

Shadow 700
>Ohc
>Six speed
>Hydraulic valves with three per cylinder
>Shaft drive
>Sissy bar
>Highway pegs
>Aftermarket jardine exhaust

Because it was less that 500 dollars, I can make it run for another 100-200, and have fun with it before I sell it for over twice what I paid for it.

Kek was his good?

No it was a piece of shit. Was semi reliable until he blew it up in Portland one day and sold it to a guy in a bar for like $500 kek

Why no trip? And what was wrong with it lol

This. I enjoyed Bakuon! because it's stupid fun with motorcycles, but the characters are seemingly all on the spectrum in some way. Pic not related.

I left for a week and now my trip isn't saved on any of my machines. Haven't been fucked to recover it yet

It had lots of small issues but he only paid like $1k for it i think. I know it always used to blow the ignition fuse.

I worked on one once for this guy I knew, his was a piece of shit but didn't seem like too bad of a bike for 80's jap cruiser.

I checked the electrics, they're all good on this one. I definitely will not want a Harley 883 after this though, I'll need at least a1200.

The tech is great, and at the very least I bought it purely to flip. I don't see myself holding on to it for to long. The price was right

>'85 honda
>the tech is great

It was pretty advanced for an 80s shitbike.

See
Also has CDI ignition and twin plugs I think

>I definitely will not want a Harley 883 after this though
I don't think they are really comparable

And the beauty of an 883 Sportster is you can just throw 1200 jugs on it

Tru. I don't know, I keep seeing dyna glides for pretty cheap...

KKK hasbike now?

You're damn fucking right m8

Did you actually buy that dusty price?

Yes. I have learned nothing from my last two bikes

>can just throw 1200 jugs on it
How? Unbolt the 883 cylinders, replace 883 piston heads and rings, bolt 1200 cylinders on, GG?

KKK, you're a nutty bastard, but I'm genuinely curious to see how this one turns out.

Any news on Roscoe? He's not even my dog, but I know he can be an affectionate little bugger. Also, how are Mosby and (other dog whose name I can't recall) getting on? Still at each other's throats daily?

kkk why are you such a jew?

Me too, I'm hopeful. I can't wait to ride again.

Because cheap motorcycles nyukka

why don't you just get a decent bike?
its your 3rd bike i mean damn.

Nope no news yet. The other pups are doing pretty good, We feed them separate now so they don't really fight anymore. We're still working on getting Hugo neutered

That was my plan, honestly, I was going to get a decent used sportster or Buell, which I will. But this popped on Craigslist, I had the money and I figure I can make some money off it while having a bike.

Where is this

I had a 95 1100 USA made shadow. Rode great when it wasn't in 100 parts which was 90% of the time

Near Raton, NM

>sportster

Oops forgot which thread I was in

>how kkk ended up with a non-functioning Honda for 7 years

>Comparing your DRZ to a Harley
really reaching now

the sportster is a shitpile so its a great comparison

Yeah, after you give him the ol' snipparoo he ought to calm the hell down. That one morning had me legitimately concerned.

>Raton with snow
The NM high desert really is beautiful under a layer of snow. Imagine what the area around Alamogordo looked like under a consistent inch to three inches two(?) years ago. It was gorgeous and I wish I had taken pictures.

Topkek

I have no logic to refute my desire for a Harley.

Obligitory

If it was registered to the seller, and you buy it, it's still registered. Registration isn't about who own it, it's about the state getting their tax money. If the state has been paid, it is registered.

This, plus the new owner gets so many days to register it in their name after a private sale. I think Iowa is 30 days but I CBF to double-check.

Ride it. Technically the bill of sale and title is registration for like two days depending on local law. Or just ride it anyway

pretty sure that wouldn't fly in Massachusetts

I used to rent a uhaul trailer, but now I don't have a vehicle with a tow hitch
>just remembered my friend has a truck
>jewish hand rubbing intensifies

>udders
>collar
>animu statuettes
Lucky bast-
>katana
Fedorafag.

Ew

Also just ride it. Don't be a fag.

its the chick from the gif where she's cutting her shirt with a pair of scissors, that then cuts away to some cock block caption

>Also just ride it. Don't be a fag.
I'd have to ride it through a couple states

where did YOU ride today

>tfw looking at what previous owners did.

I see 0 problem here. If that's the case though and you don't want to ride, you better pay for the oil change that truck will need.

I wanna FUCK that dune

It's only like 500 miles round trip

fug m8
go get some OE style plugs and fix it right

iktfb

>Massachusetts
At this point it's just willful ignorance. You have 10 days from when you buy it to when you must register it in Mass.

dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/buy-sell/used-cars/paper-work-when-buying-a-car.php

you still need a plate, I'm a nobike atm

Don't you keep the previous owner's plate?

Enjoy remaining a nobike.

Glad to see Baird's dream has become a reality

>only 35"
manlet machine desu

>"but my boots with lifts add 6 inches so i'm tall even though i have a manlet seat on my drz"

If this guy was really interested in buying a bike, he would call the DMV and ask how it goes. Instead, he is asking for advice on a chinese cat-meme sharing site, and refusing the advice offered.

no, the previous owner needs to return their plate to the dmv/insurance agency to get the difference of the insurance money they've already paid, or they can transfer it to their next bike

I'm sure high heels and no gloves is the best way to ride.

just keep the plate to ride home and return it to the previous owner the next dayq

Based California, buy a bike, you have 6 months to get around to mounting a plate.

In my state the plate stays with the vehicle so when you buy a used bike it generally already has a plate on it.

it aint called taxachusettes for no reason

Same in California, unless the bike is new, it's a custom plate, or you just don't like the old plate.

Dem quads tho.
>gif
Huh, doesn't surprise me.

>motahboikes
So depending on how quickly I can pay down my CCs, I'm going to start looking for a FJ1200 seriously around June or so. I will then have three motorcycles, two cars, and one truck. My insurance companies love me. No claims, no accidents, 31 years old, good coverage, etc.

>this post

this is how people who know nothing about engines think engines work

this is how id imagine an accountant would compare engines

the best part is how he mentioned the RPM of the cams to make the DRZ sound better lol

>cams
>turn one half crank speed
Do tell

It's a four-stroke engine. Therefore the cams turn 1/2 speed, as during two strokes the valves are all closed more or less.

>two strokes
>valves
u wot

I have never been mansplained to before today.

I'm a guy BTW

Wow, that has to be the most retarded post I have ever seen. What bothers me more is the lengths some people will go to shill some random dirt bike for kids

see

2 strokes do have valves. they have reed (usually) or rotary (more old school) valves on intake and often a power valve on the exhaust which is some other thing that i don't even really know how it works but you can probably look it up

but they are all closed?

well think about it, any valve of any engine is closed most of the time

the reeds are strictly a flow director. being that theyre just flex plates acting as check valves they dont really have a cyclic limit worth mentioning.
the piston is the effective valve on a 2 stroke
a powervalve is usually an additional port on the exhaust side cylinder that opens based on rpm

like a reed valve on an intake is just a couple flaps behind the carburetor, made of carbon fiber, plastic, etc, that opens when the cylinder draws air in but doesn't let air escape when the cylinder comes back up. it's not a valve like you would see in a 4 stroke

yes but they are technically valves

where the ninja 250 race webms at

I don't know if this is some sort of dank meme or what but I would unironically watch these