Hey Veeky Forums, any idea why a manual transmission would shudder violently in 4th/5th gear when accelerating?

Hey Veeky Forums, any idea why a manual transmission would shudder violently in 4th/5th gear when accelerating?
2005 4.2l v6 F150 and when I was driving today it started shuddering. If I maintained a speed, like 60-70mph it was fine but whenever I'd give it more gas it would shudder.
I have to drive 800 miles home and be at work on Wednesday so the sooner I have an idea of what's wrong the better

>12 year old V6 Ford F150

yep, there's the problem

I'm thinking it's something to do with the distributor maybe

You sure it doesn't do the same in other gears ?
Is it carburated ?
Because shudder usually are not an transmission problem
But more about wrong airfuelmixture

Could be the clutch - it's maintaining grip fine when there's a constant load, but when you increase torque it begins to slip? Could be the disc is worn, or the pressure plate is not stiff enough and it's only partially releasing.

Does it happen in all gears?

Engine and transmission mounts worn.

My vote would also be clutch, slippage is more likely to happen in taller gears at first

EFI. I drove it in 3rd gear from about 2000-3500 RPM and felt nothing. After exiting the highway I felt nothing in the lower gears either.

I had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced at about 85,000 miles along with the fluid

wrong
we have this exact same truck at work
it's going 250k strong with zero problems
didn't think it was possible with a ford

i'm going with clutch as well

You're lugging the engine you idiot, downshift. Do you use your parking brake a lot? Could be a bit frozen like mine gets sometimes, the low torque output in those gears struggles if the parking brake is slightly stuck on.

It doesn't have a distributor you idiot it has coil packs
>is it carburated
Jesus fucking Christ

>Is a 2005 carbureted?
>Let me give you advice

Are you sure user? What ratio is your oil:fuel mixture? Is the exhaust coming out blue? How many strokes is it? What's the CC's on it? U git r dun yet?

my fucking head hurts

>is a 2005 vehicle carb

You american always seems to use antique tech :)
But my bad i didn't read the whole text

But i if it's rpm related it's probably some ignition/carburation problem

>wrong air fuel mixture causing shudder
Stop. Stop. Put away any knowledge you think you have of cars and put it in a box and throw it off a bridge.

You literally know nothing.

ideas then

But it's true

I've driven 80,000 miles on this truck. I know where it lugs. It started lugging in 4th at 2000-2200 rpm today halfway back on the highway.

Torque Converter ; )

>doesn't get the joke post

I'd say you look stupid here.

NAH NIGGUH IT'S DA PADDLE SHIFTERS

How did you not sense the obvious sarcasm in that post?

Misfire. Probably a bad coil.

This. CEL should be flashing.

Acclerate hard in the lower gears, it'll be obvious

Clutch shudder happens are low RPMs in low gears when it's starting to show its age. Good test is to try and start from a stop in ~3rd gear and see what happens

Also, if you're on the highway and shit starts shaking check your front end, it's a ford

No engine light. Auto parts store was closed so tomorrow going to go buy coils or whatwvwr

Switch out ignition coils and spark plugs