Passat '95

Considering buying a '95 Volkswagen Passat. Mint condition, almost identical with pic related except it's painted silver rather than white. No air conditioning or electric windows, but otherwise anything else.

1.9 Diesel Sedan Version

My dad had a station wagon version I still see every now and then on the street, that one had AC and electric windows on the front, but I'm more of a sedan guy.

Opinions?
1,500 euros.

Other urls found in this thread:

beforward.jp/stocklist/kmode=and/mfg_year_to=1991/more_acce=2/page=1/sortkey=a/view_cnt=25
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My dad's got one of these, except a '96 with the 2.slow 8v. Automatic. Like 230k km on it now, was in great condition when he bought it like 16-17 years ago.
He keeps up with general maintenance, sort of, and the thing has been stupidly reliable aside from a few minor electrical glitches here and there (sensors taking a shit and such) and usual "old car" wear stuff (rear shocks, brake lines).
Red ones tend to have their clearcoat flake off, not very relevant for you.
The 1.9 TDI is another one of those engines that just won't die.

No way I'd touch a 90s european car with a stick, they're nightmares to repair. Get a japanese car instead.

Confirmed for never having been under the hood of a B4. These things are simple as fuck unless you're talking about the VR6/Syncro models.

jesus kill yourself

It's a manual version (well probably not unexpected) and I did a test drive. Everything works smoothly, especially steering and clutch.

I got used with my old shitbox that got no shit. No power-steering, cable-actioned clutch and shitty petrol engine. The difference was unbelivable.

It's like a B3 but with electrical problems. More expensive as well

Get a twingo instead.

Just get a Volvo 850 you fag

Looks very classy, would drive.

I second this 2 , twingo for the mpg and 850 for the volvo because it´s harder than a rock

But the 850 may have boiracer shit so be carefull to look for a good one

A friend of mine has a 91 version of that, it had 0 problems for tha past 60k miles and he drives ot on LPG and full gas all the time.

Volvo doesn't have a strong presence on the local market and I think it doesn't have that much popularity country-wide either.

Searched offers for Volvos on an 100 km radius and mostly S40, S60 or S80 and probably a few other models that were too few to even bother to remember. Cheapest starts at 1,300 so not much of a difference compared to the Passat.

Considering the low audience, it means there is a low demand for spare-pieces aswell and thus higher prices.
On top of that, Volvos have big engines as is, so I don't know if it would be worth overall fuel-economy wise. Here, to buy an 1.8+ petrol car would be economical suicide, the only avaible diesel engine on the 850 is 2.5 ccm.

I did and still consider buying a Twingy, but I'd have to import it from Germany. Twingo is another not-so-popular choice around (saw really few on the road) as most people would preffer Polos, Corsas or Golfs. There are a few offers around here, but the cheap ones are shit and the decent ones have the same price range as importing and registering one in good condition.

????

You being serious, brother?

If you can afford it, maintain it and enjoy it, the get the son-of-a-bitch. Just remember you're buying a car that is 20 years old, be aware of any rust/structural problems

hey guys, whats a good website for browsing euro shitbox's to import?

i really want an 80's - 90's fiat.

Any Euro Craigslist equivalent, really. Germany has mobile.de, for instance.

i was thinking a euro equivalent of this;

beforward.jp/stocklist/kmode=and/mfg_year_to=1991/more_acce=2/page=1/sortkey=a/view_cnt=25

Depends on the country. Mobile.de is pretty universal actually, it has offers from all over Europe.

A few sites also use OLX which is pretty much Craigslist equivalent. I'm aware of Bulgaria, Poland and Romania using it.

Oh lmao. That small van thing goes under a lot of names here. In some places you may find it under the name Suzuki Carry or Daewoo Damas. Only in UK you will find it under Bedford/Vauxhall Rascal. I think there are pick-up versions of it too.

Otherwise if you look specifically for a mini-pick-up search Multicar. It's the only survivor of East-German auto-industry.

Don't know of any exporters/importers, sorry.

Also, if you're looking at old Fiats, I suggest looking for an X1/9. It's like an MR2, but Italian and about 10 years older (so not 80s-90s, but still neat).

>nip car are absolutely bulletproof and there is not a single record of one breaking down meme
weebs are hilarious, of course nip cars are eternal, apart from a tiny problem that all aff them rot like motherfuckers

no no, i'm not looking for one of those trucks. i'm just looking for an exporter who has that e-bay style of website. there are literally dozens of ones for chink/jap shit, but i've yet to find one for euro stuff that isn't luxury vehicles and sportscars.

Probably because Euro shitboxes are a bit of a niche market. They're stupidly common in Europe (of course) but other regions have their own equivalents and no one's gonna jump through all the hoops of importing a car just for a shitbox.

Japan at least has shit like kei cars and kei trucks, but people outside Europe rarely specifically want a Euro shitbox.

Oooh. Stick with mobile.de for now, it's export-friendly. Alternatively, there is eBay-Kleinanzeigen.de which is exclusively german, but you never know the chances.