Looking at new trucks

>Looking at new trucks
>Every truck looks like a luxury vehicle
>Its a fucking truck for hauling shit and stuffing deer, elk, and hogs in the bed, why the luxury interior and comfy seats, dash?

what's wrong with being comfortable while hauling shit, stuffing deer, elk, and hogs in the bed?

>hauling shit and stuffing deer, elk, and hogs in the bed

craigslist is your friend, buy used if you don't want to buy a pussymobile

Literally every brand offers base model work trucks still.

Because trucks these days have to be able to carry a load, get the job done, all while being daily drivers and being the show off vehicle to new customers. If it bothers ya that much get a base fleet truck.

What else are you supposed to do to a truck if it's functional? How can you keep selling trucks if the old ones work just as well?

Just grab yourself an old C1500 on Craigslist. I love mine.

>If it bothers ya that much get a base fleet truck.

this.

get a used fleet vehicle.

america

what's the connection between what you're doing with the bed and luxury interior again?

Come on mate. My truck was a old 79 Ford F wun fiddy larait ranger. It was considered luxury around its time and made transporting shit a breeze because of how comfy it was inside.

its all carpet and cloth with light colored trims and shit. first bit of oil or blood is gonna fuck that up.

i want rubberized floors and vinyl seats. i should be able to powerwash the inside of my truck.

Come to Europe - you can still get quite barebonesy trucks

I know that feel. I went with the work truck trim for the same reasons. Dont like fake plastic chrome trim, don't like carpet in my truck, dont like fabric seats, dont want to worry about leather.

Also having a Great Dane and a baby means the never ending mess and smell of those drooling vomiting beasts.

Work truck, ruberized floor, vinyl seats. Dark interior, wipe and go. Mud, rain, blood and shit. Wash it out like a Vietnam era Huey and go. Function over form.

america will never understand the wisdom of small cabovers and strict utility vehicles.

You can here to, OP's a fucktard.

We have tons of small cabovers though.

>base price for truck with every single electrical amenity for 30ish grand
>leather, easy to absorb addons, different type of engine
>70 grand

What gives?

Wait for a 10k off MSRP sale and get the work truck with the big engine.

That takes it 42k down to 32k after rebates and some brinksman ship. Boom you have work truck with the big V8.

I have sold new domestic pickups for ten years, its really not hard to figure this out OP

You're just playing the game, Moishe.

I'm talking about why trucks have become what they are... unattainable luxury.

Do you want animal hides and a truck that wears a carpet dress? Pay 70k. Or do you want a non-frilly truck with the eight cylinders? Get the work truck with the engine upgrade ONLY, and wait for a 10k off MSRP sale. 4th of July, labor day, fucking Flag Day.

They are not unattainable. How is 32k unattainable?

because he is a broke bitch with no job

Trucks kind of been like that for several years now. People dont buy them for beating the hell out of them anymore. no they're treating them like its some kind of Bentley or something.

ok grandpa

>FJ Cruiser
>rubberized interior
>plastic surfaces can be wiped down
>seat covers can be taken off completely and washed in a washing machine
>drain plugs in the floor to wash out guts and blood

Too bad they didn't make these into a boxed version, just eliminate the rear seat and lop off the roof behind the driver's seat.

I make more in a week than most make in a month. Roughly 4k to 6k a week. My job can be feast or famine, but I'm feasting huge right now.

I still think those trucks are a fucking ripoff.

I keep what I make by not spending it on frivolities. I buy used and live under my means. I also invest my money so that it works for me rather than sitting in a garage. I am eyeing a C6 corvette at the moment for around 20 grand cash because it's my dream car and I've waited a very long time to own one. But, I'm not stupid enough to dump 80 grand on a new one. They say paying outright cash makes you think differently about large purchases, and they were right.

After picture wrap one day, I stopped by a dealership on the way home because I was feeling rather great with a fat paycheck. I saw a Tahoe selling for 70 grand and wondered what kind of idiots would buy this overpriced garbage. I found a decent vette around 28 grand and the salesman was eager to get me to sign a deal, but was really pushing to finance. No thanks.

My brother worked for a collections agency, which he said was the most soul sucking job he's ever had, and talked about all these people living wildly out of their means... owning two new cars, a massive mortgage and 70 grand of liquid credit debt... failing on paying their bills.

These prices are indicative of a much larger problem in our country, and I want no part in it.

What's your job lad?

Own a biz?

Motion picture industry.

nice lad.

fluffer

>We have tons of small cabovers though.

the mitsubishi fuso and isuzu npr/GMC W-series are all 3.5 ton+

please, i beg of you, show me a 1.5 ton cabover that isn't some junkyard scavenger hunt to find an old MAC or Dodge.

thx m8

I've never heard that one before.

Exactly this is how I got a f350 4x4 diesel for 34k otd a few years ago.

>be me
>buying a new truck
>ford chebby gmc and dodge lots
>all the trucks were 45k+ with leather seats and all that autism
>ask them for a truck with extcab.
>don't have any. Only crew cab shirt beds
>no regular cabs
>no cloth seat base trucks with a v8
>ask them if they have one
>they all say I need to custom order one
>fuckthis.jpeg
>go to craigslist
>buy 03 Silverado 2500HD Extcab long bed 4x4 with the 8.1 for 6k
>it's an LS trim

All I need in a truck is radio (satellite but I'll install it myself) Cloth seats, and AC.

The 8.1 is a god machine

>not wanting a comfy daily driver with about the same comforts as a luxury sedan but the utility and capability of a truck

>I'm feasting huge right now.
Kinda gave it away

Because that's what sells.

now gtfo.

they still sell cloth/vinyl interior work trucks from every brand if that's what you need.

Stop being an idiot.

My ideal new truck would be
>GMC 1500 base model
>single cab short bed
>5.3
>4x4
>vinyl seats
>towing package
>black
>skid plates
>BFG AT KO2 on stock black steel wheels

I actually saw a truck exactly like this at a convenience store a few weeks ago but didn't see the owner so I could't ask if he had to custom order it. Only problem with that configuration is that it's $35,620 Canadian. For that kind of money I could import a 70 series land cruiser pickup and have money to spare.

Trucks are entirely too much money. I just want barebones mini trucks to come back.

>poorfag: the post.

If Jector and Jose down the road at Jome Depot can afford a a full size, There's no reason someone with an actual job can't.

You do have an actual job don't you user?

>new land rover
>looks like a fucking luxury car
>low profile
>you're supposed to fucking take it off road
what the hell happened to car designers in the late nineties
it's like they all suffered horrible brain trauma and now everything has to be a low profile, luxury car with a bunch of needless sharp angles