/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Waiting on Patch Notes and PTS Edition

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord: discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead
account.elderscrollsonline.com/
account.elderscrollsonline.com
help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25224/
help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/password
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Bretons

Second for Bretons

Should I unload these holiday runeboxes for a couple thousand gold each right now or let them waste inventory space and sell them later when they cant be easily gotten anymore

>tfw no money to buy all the skinchanger motifs

Will they go up in price a lot after the event ends?

Judging by the price of the Hollowjack ones now, probably not too much, for a while at least

Hope you stocked up on Wolfsbane though

>couple thousand gold each

What runeboxes do you have that they're worth that much?

Holy shit these fucking crafting recipes take up so much space. I gave two out today but still it isn't enough. I don't really wanna sell'em and all these trading guilds are hardcore faggots who take tax on your sales

Then give away all of them?

Filigreed Hood and Mudball Pouch, I see those two in particular going for 2-3k all the time

After 2 weeks of nothing but shit from giftboxes, I wonder what the last day will bring.

How? They're for sale at guild traders for just 800 gold.

I've been trying but either nobody responds to me or they aren't asking for what I have

>Just got another Hissmir recipe to sell

It's a Christmas miracle

Now the question is if I sell it for 30k now or wait and count on it going higher

Then destroy them.

It's what I've been doing. Only keeping blues.

I think now's the perfect time for 30-40k

Forgot, reasoning being that it's not going to go any higher than now. People won't be able to get the achievements and titles after the event so it'll be worthless after the fact. Everyone is in a scramble to get it now.

>login failed
>your password maybe incorrect or account inactive

i havent played since release
what do

what the fugg

Did you pay for the game when you played early access or was it a free closed beta type deal?

i literally bought the game
with the imperial cuckolding edition

Coming back from awhile away, what is this One Tamriel stuff? What can you do now if all zones are the same level?

Send a ticket. They'll probably give you free crowns for the major fuckup.

You can go anywhere at any time, and base stats between a level 1 and level 50 will look the same, but enchantment bonuses, skill passive bonuses, and champion point bonuses go on top of those, so a champion character with good gear and a decent build will still be quite a bit stronger than a fresh level 5

The other most notable thing is that world bosses got a huge buff, you probably won't be able to solo them anymore unless you're playing a very self-reliant tank build

It's weird at first but after getting used to it I like it

Fast Travel is awesome, but I want to know to what shrine I'm going to travel, not only the zone. Is there a way to see your guild mates zone AND shrine or city?

How hard is it to find Dwemer styles?

Am I going to have to use shekels for it?

pet build sorc here again.
I tried out the overload bar and put power surge, boundless storm, and dark conversion on there. This was one of the results in volenfell normal against tremorscale. Random sample. It kinda feels like my dps is even lower, though. It definitely is on trash mob, because by the time I've gone to overload, power surged, boundless storm'd, switched back to my aoe bar and started dropping liquid lightning and elemental blockade, the other party members already killed everything. I'm wondering whether taking the time to put up power surge and boundless storm is too much set-up and lowers my dps because I'm not actually attacking. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I think they're one of the rarer styles

When I was still low level I got lucky and found a motif for dwemer bows in a barrel, but since then I've never even seen another dwemer motif in a guild shop, let alone a container

I think having a full set of armor in a style like dwemer or akaviri is, more than anything, a status symbol showing that you have more money than you know what to do with

Here's another sample against the last boss, though I'm unsure whether it's a good example because there's actually three of them. I got more crystal frags then, and put shooting star back on my main bar for the mage's guild bonus.

I didn't even know LUIE had a damage meter I could've been using the entire time. Fug.

Is this normal or vet?

Normal.

Assuming that's with no set and unoptimized gear, it's fine. One you hit CP160 and get your stuff in order you'll see it go up a lot.

Looks like I'm going to be using shekels then.

I'm CP225 in full purple necropotence, maw of the infernal, all divine except for one impen shoulder, thief mundus
I'm fucked, aren't I?

I'd say so. I wish I knew more about Sorcs so I could help you. Maybe consult a guide if no one here can help.

>1245 spell power
Get a better jewellery set (willpower) and then put spell damage+ glyphs on it
Improve weapons to legendary

>willpower
but the undaunted mail guy keeps giving me healthy willpower jewelry and everything else in arcane!
Glyphs might help out though. Still trying to reach 50 enchanting, nearly there. It's possible that the elemental glyphs on my crafted weapon is too weak since it was just green garbage I found lying around that was still better than what I could craft. I also just remembered my head and shoulder enchants are healthy and stamina.
>legendary
gonna be expensive...

Would switching to mage mundus help or do I need the crits more?

So what's a good class for Breton? Thinking of making one as an alt

Stick to thief stone
You're probably going to have to lose one of your sets if you want a big DPS boost
Like Julianos replacing Necropotence
or 5 Necro (jewelery + weapon + shoulder or helm) 5 Julianos (armor) so only 1 monster
Legendary weapon is a must, should only be like 20k to a gold a staff (metal weapons take 2x or 3x as much), if your weapon is not worth making legendary then finding one should be the first priority of the harder things to do

I think the average spell damage for endgame is like 3.5k unbuffed
You won't be getting that high holding on to your sets but definitely try to raise it as much as you can, maybe to around 2k-2.5k I'm not too sure

Magicka anything.

Why are metal weapons such much mroe expensive to upgradE?

Sounds reasonable. Thank you for the advice!
>need 20 rosin for a guaranteed upgrade
shiiet. They sell for 4k each, minimum.
At least I have the willpower accs now. I probably won't build myself up optimally, but I might switch from necropotence to julianos depending on whether I'm soloing or in a party. Gathering up traits right now, starting to take several days.

>>need 20 rosin for a guaranteed upgrade
It's only 8 when you have the passive maxed, which you definitely want to have before improving anything
Supply/demand of materials most likely, not much demand for rosin while everybody needs dreugh wax/ tempering alloy

Because there's no such thing as wood clothing.

>It's only 8 when you have the passive maxed
ah fucking whoops
that's why they'd often sell in stacks of 8...
High demand, probably. You'd need the metal upgrade item for both armor and weapons, yes?

>29717 MB still remaining

Just fuck me up. I sincerely hope there is just one download?

>@ZOS_GinaBruno Crossing my fingers the patch notes will be the length of a harry potter book :)
>Not quite, but they are pretty hefty at 46 pages!

W H E N
H
E
N

>go full lightning
>enemy goes full lightning
>try to take a picture of all the lightning
>nothing but lightning

Is Stormcaller best skill line?

these fuckers take ages to kill

>Just to save you some sanity, it will be at least a couple more hours until we publish the patch notes.
Posted 19:51 cet

>mfw gpu decided to kill today
>atleast I've got 48 pages of patch notes to read
End me

whats a special snowflake build?

Wait did slotting skills bonus ever stack?

For example, if I put expert hunter for major savagery + flames of oblivion for major prophecy and savagery. Did major savagery used to stack?

Because I tried that once, and the buff list showed both. But now it doesn't it only shows one major savagery

Patch notes are up, prepare for immanent bitching.
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead

Did anyone else get kicked out to login screen?

also, since I am stam dps

is it better to use bone shield for little extra protection in melee or trap beast for critical damage boost and AoE?

it might be a connection issue, happens sometimes. But I don't know if it on my end or theirs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh, good. I was afraid it was just me. I was in the middle of ICP.

>Most homes require you to complete certain prerequisites before you can purchase them for gold
>For example, to purchase the Daggerfall Covenant Manor, you must have previously completed the Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant achievement
>To Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant achievement you must get the following in game achievements:
>Glenumbra Adventurer - Complete 53 quests in Glenumbra
>Stormhaven Adventurer - Complete 60 quests in Stormhaven
>Rivenspire Adventurer - Complete 42 quests in Rivenspire
>Alik'r Desert Adventurer - Complete 42 quests in the Alik'r Desert
>Bangkorai Adventurer - Complete 36 quests in Bangkorai

>Tri Focus:
>>This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.
>>This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped.
m-magic tank?

Are the servers down? Or is it working on your machine?

>Not doing every quest you come across

so yeah support sent me automatically generated response:

>You may receive the "Your login information was incorrect" error if you're using incorrect login credentials or if you have yet to redeem a Game Registration code on your ESO account. Trial keys and Free Play accounts do not contitute as a valid game key and will not allow you to log into the game at this time.

Please note that if you purchased The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited from a third-party retailer, you will still need to create and activate your account on the ESO official site: account.elderscrollsonline.com/ . If you purchase a physical copy of the game from a retailer, you will find the game code on a slip of paper in the game case.

Should you receive this error when attempting to log into your account at account.elderscrollsonline.com , make sure you are using your UserID (not e-mail address) and correct password.
For instructions on retrieving your UserID: help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25224/ .
To issue a password reset: help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/password .
Once you have your code, log in to your ESO account and click on the Redeem Code box. Enter the game code and the account is all set!

Please keep in mind that we here in Customer Support are unable to assist with invalid game codes purchased from third-party retailers. You will need to reach out to the retailer you purchased the code from for additional assistance.

fucking retards i swear

>Homes can be purchased for crowns at any time, bypassing the above requirements

So at how much of a disadvantage would I be if I used less then the maximum tier of metal for my gear?

I don't really like that shade of red.

I also still don't really get how the battle leveling system works either, gear gets scaled up to the relevant level?

Fuck me I finally got in after 10 minutes

Best race for Stamsorc?

You can just use a dye station to color your armor exactly the way you want, the only thing that'll be stuck red is your weapon

I thought certain parts of the armor couldn't be coloured though.

And I still don't like the look of the red weapons either.

Is this game alt friendly for a new player?

Just bought the gold edition and there are two classes I want to play

>Master writs

Anyone get one? Maybe now it's worth doing some of them?

Literally everyone who's anyone was calling 1m range for large houses, learn2ecomomy

sure. in fact, you should create all alts right away, because you can only train your riding speed once every 20 hours, and you don't want to start a new char with a 60% movement speed penalty.

you have 8 slots, with 4 classes that can either go magicka or stamina. research your race/class/specialization combos, then create them all.

what do you mean by alt-friendly?

well, banks can be shared with all your characters, so can champion points: bonus stat points you get after hitting end level

In my experience, leveling up takes a little while.

you kinda missed a good period to level up. With this event giving double exp

>have only made 2 characters so far
>stamplar and magDK
>no buffs for stamplars, the worst PvE class
>a nerf to DK Standard Ult so my magDK is now fucked
>nerfs to magplars as well

I mean will I be gimping myself if I play two characters at once? How much stuff is soulbound vs account bound? Also for shared features, do they need to be in the same alliance?

how many crowns will the houses be?
I'm betting they'll be 30 real shekels or more

Destro staff/One-hand Templar tank a-go, baby.

no, alliance means almost nothing now

bound items can be shared in the account

Just check if item is "Bound on equip" before selling or using it

the only thing I found I couldn't bank was rare fish (and runeboxes, and the latter unlock account-wide anyway.)

with the way level scaling works, if you level a dedicated crafter and make blue enchanted set gear for your alts at levels 4-16-26-36-cp150, it's easy mode all the way. or do what I did: level a magsorc first with a focus on all pets, it's the build least dependent on equipment, while running research on your crafter (which you need to make the better sets)

and you really want to make your alts as early as possible for training riding skill.

>Radiant Oppression nerfed by 1/4th

>we are buffing magdk
>them changes
I'm
fucking
wheezing

>Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now heals you for 33% of your missing Magicka instead of 33% of your missing Health
hmmm...

And it can crit

>Reduced the maximum amount of Ultimate that can be stored to 500 from 1000.

>increased pet defenses by 100%, increased winged twilight health by 100%
>made frost staff a tank staff
I kinda want to make use of both of these changes.
Heavy armor magsorc with a frost staff and a clannfear pet. Taunt shit with frost staff and inner fire while clannfear tanks other mobs, keep both alive with hardened ward, heal both with clannfear's pet heal. Pierce armor can be replaced by elemental drain while frost staff's taunt, though it needs to charge, doesn't eat a skill slot. Maybe even a resto staff back-bar to apply siphon spirit to recover magicka.

I kinda want to make this work somehow. Still inferior to shields, I suppose, but I still want to see if I can tank with only staves. Was hoping they'd add alteration staves with its own wards and more defenses, but I can maybe make do with this.

>no one-handed staves, no staff/one-handed dual wielding
I will never understand why staves are always two-handed. I suppose this makes them extra inferior to shields since you can't wear two pieces of a set in your weapon slot with them.

Shame it doesn't have all of the passives from the 1h line or it would be very viable.

templars just good to be healbots now

Yeah. It lacks the bash cost reduction and damage bonus, movement speed increase while blocking, and has a little less block strength and cost than shields, though only by 3/6%. I guess one could make up for that with equipment traits and champion points, though it'll always be a little behind shields. Magicka can also be regenerated with dark conversion, but that could be done with the stamina morph too.

I was kinda hoping for hardened ward's duration to be increased just by a tiny bit. I heard it used to be 20 seconds. At least 10 might be nice.

StamDKs are probably back at the top for single target.

>All those changes to templar

sure, why not just break them in and keep them as a chained healslut and call yourselves a pimp, devs?

>reduced elemental storm damage