Eve Online general /eog/

Autistic cartography edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
No

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed) (embed)

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/58830178/
eve-gatecheck.space/eve/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Pan-Senpai is best senpai

fug

REMOVE GOONS
REMOVE STAIN

4th for MLJ

Don't let brutor bulls take our womyn.

>unironically thinks anyone would want TEST as a neighbor

I heard rumor that the new Empress makes secret visits to the slave breeding hab modules and lets submits herself like a slave to captured brutor bulls.

Can the goons please move to Serpentis space, I want cheaper Vigilants.

kys cuckposters

>this is reddit's >>propaganda

Catis is pure, drop these allegations immediately!

Vigilants have great memetic value so the price will stay the same. Gilas dropped because -1 low.

Hey guys I command a Coercer for the Imperial Navy.

My wife finally got back from a Yoiul party after 3 whole galactic cycles. I really relieved to see she's safe and wasn't captured by pirates or blood raiders.

I am howeverr a bit concerned because here interbus pilot was clearly a Brutor and dropped her off back home in a Stiletto.

Do you guys think I should be worried?

gilas are massively more popular than vigilants m8

But the price drop wasn't caused by farming but by a nerf.

I don't think the nerf caused any change in usage at all

Not usage, price.

>>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
No
no wonder these last 2 threads are shit, they are started by an edgy fag

Sorry brah. I'm simply doing my best to keep tards away from this game

>Yes
Can you at least fix fucking OP before making a new thread you useless piece of shit. Fucking faggot.

I'm simply telling the truth bro. No need to get mad.

>That actually sounds like a good plan. Report back on success.

wew lad

I don't give a fuck about space's autistic rants or ccp's profits. I just don't want retards in the game. The alphas are absolutely awful to play with.

Thanks for confirming you are a retard.

>you need rockets I to use this module

oh

I'm sure you are very happy educating a band of drooling retards without even the most basic understanding of the game. Fuck off ccp shill, alphas are a mistake.

kys

>this game needs LESS players I say, LESS. Not more!
>back when I started out I knew everything right now, I was ELITE from the very first moment. These damn greenhorns.

who moa here

>not having all small weapons systems at 5
Are you even elite?

>how dare new players have no knowledge of the game
>I take it personal if someone asks questions
autist

Moa is a beautiful lady.

>fitting weapons on a interceptor
>corp kicked

>I say let's divert alliance resources so we can explaing hundred times a day to retards how to take gate

>what is google

I miss the old model

lmao who is that fucking retard

>tfw can't fly any of my alliance's doctrines and have to bring shitty t1 throwaway tackles

Have them learn the same way we did: In multiple balls of fire.

same here, but the new one is alright. I'm not mad

Should I always set my medical clone to where I currently am?

Dumb question I guess, just trying to figure out how to make sure I always have at least 1 close in each area. Back at home and in the staging area.

zkillboard.com/kill/58830178/

Put a JC at home, med clone at staging.

I know it sounds overly simple, just think about where you'd want to end up when you die.

>Dying to a lone Navy Raven
Was the raven ratting, or did he just get caught and BTFO?

look at the fit

You're right. I'll move my med clone to staging.

>Wow that Domi is kinda shit fit
>It's a Sin

WHAT THE FUCK

>implying you will have a choice ;)

>Implying I understand battleship fits
I'm a BC pilot, not a BS pilot.

Blops are BS but with BC tank so you should.

What is a Jita whore?

Also, a few threads ago I was asking about if there was some standing fleet somewhere that just does random PVP stuff with no requirements to join their corp and stuff, I really just want to do something interesting while waiting for this dumb mining barge to finish training.

>tfw tempted to train to use a mining barge
somebody please stop me

Battleskiff

iktf, every so often I think "just once I should actually try it on an alt and go full miner", but then I never go through with it

Is there a way to have a third alt account with a high sec miner on it that runs passively in a tiny ass 400 x 200 window or w/e on all runescape settings and pays for itself and then some? so plex + bonus?

>Training barges
Train Mining Frigate 5 and Expedition Frigate 4, then huff gas in wormholes while training PvP skills.

That would take absolutely forever though instead of just 4 days, Mining Frigate 5 not so much, but Expedition Frigates would be like a month or so I think.

>mining

>ever

player run economy. nothing that accessible will ever be good money

What, did you think those minerals came from enemy hulls?

They used to.

that actually requires effort

If I'm gonna mine at all I want to do it 90% afk in some quiet highsec far from jita

High sec is shit for money, dont bother.

Its tempting when there's 50% boosts during most of the day.

:^)

you mine in null?

Electronics upgrades is like two weeks and Industry is a week. Both are skills you'll probably need for other things anyway.

i don't mine

>mfw without us Miner Lords you scumbags elite PvPers would be flying 500mil Maller hulls

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really boring but kinda relaxing. There's no real other options open to me that interest me right now, I only started playing like a week ago. Exploration in high sec with a frigate is laughable shit, combat sites give nothing and take forever, and mission running literally only gives me like 90000 ISK on completion.

why don't you just go and explore in low, null and WHs. Or join a corp and do some pvp in low or null.

my minerals are free, there's nothing you can do

Most of the reward from missions is in LP, loot, salvage, and bounties. The actual monetary reward the agent gives you is pennies compared to everything else.

Everyone who's not Dror will defend this.
Including me.

>go and explore in low, null and WHs
Like I said, I'm new and from everything I've heard stepping out of hi sec is super dangerous. I'm not afraid of dying, but I really don't want to like, immediately warp out into low sec and get ganked or something.

My minerals are free too brother, literally free money from CCP.

>reeeeeeee skill mastery v shouldn't mean you need good skills wtf ccp

No I won't defend literal bait autism, have a good day user.

>1586 days to complete
m8, it doesn't have anything to do with skills, its more that it literally would take half a decade to get that which is absurd

>I'm not afraid to die
>but I dont want to die

A level 2 security run will give you 1mil or more per run from the reward, bounties, and loot. Certain missions have guaranteed loot drops worth a million or more as well.
Decent level 3s are 3mil and on up. A long one can easily have 6mil in bounties alone.

You should ideally be in something with more tank than a cruiser, but its still relatively easy, and not totally mindless like click and forget mining.

why is it absurd? the ship has bonuses to a lot of modules. mastery v means you are maxed or almost maxed at using all of them

this fear will never go away until you actually go to low. And if you are new join a corp to learn the game.

Let me rephrase, I'm not afraid of dying, but don't want to immediately jump into some blob of ships, get killed, and learn nothing from the experience.

My Ibis mastery V would only take 761 days and I'm brand new.
So something is wrong there.

Do Mining Missions.

I do a L4 mission in 30-40 minutes, absolutely no stress or pressure since the area usually has less than 20 people at any given time, and I get ~2m ISK and 4-6k LP.

Plus there's usually a hidden Lowsec belt in the area, along with a plethora of wormholes.

When it comes to low/null, you can usually see that there's a gatecamp or not by using dotlan and seeing the kills in the last hour. If a system seems hot, just don't go.

Wormholes are a whole different monster; you can't see who's in them or what's going on other than a few tools and in order to get information you need to jump into them. Learn to mash V to refresh your directional scan, and if you see probes up that aren't yours be ready to gtfo. Bookmark everything; entrance and exit hole.

>keybind dscan
retard alert

>check eve-gatecheck.space/eve/
>check new ingame map to see if there are people
>check dotlan if you want

The trick to exploration is that the further away from high sec and populated areas, the better for you.

Unless it's drone regions. Drone regions suck most of the time for explo.

Anyway, seriously, you don't have to be afraid. Take a t1 scanning frig into some quiet lowsec and practice scanning down sites, doing them all while watching local and dscanning if needed to avoid any danger.

Use dotlan maps to find lowsec with barely any activity, you'll make a lot of money and dozens upon dozens of times what your frig cost.

If you decide you want to crank it up a bit and enjoy it consider getting an astero or covops frig, either way something that can cloak and hit up nullsec

What the fuck is wrong with your character

>Electronic Counter Measures
>Tackling

ccp confirmed for agreeing with me that tackle is not ewar

kys everyone who disagreed with me that one time

I believe that Tackling is a subset of EWAR but it is not exclusive.

Like how a revolver is a handgun, but not all handguns are revolvers.

Or like how every eve player is a retard but not every retard plays eve

wow i guess only caldari recons are ewar ships xd

>Ship Equipment
>>Electronic Warfare
>>>Warp Disruptors
>>>Warp Scramblers

>What the fuck is wrong with your character
It's fucked up.
Like the rest of my life.

How does your character take twice as long to train ibis V mastery as a new character?
Do you have negative skills?

Neural remaps and alpha state

Nah, they're off in /csgog/ :^)