/emugen/ - Emulation General

Previous thread: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/messmame?sort=-publicdate
planetemu.net/roms/mame-roms
sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ryan_Holtz
desmume.org/download/
fark.com/comments/2219383/Ric-Romero-goes-to-work-for-CNN-discovers-new-trend-of-extreme-body-piercingsmodification
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109533
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php?title=Mednafen&action=edit
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Auto-load_next_disc#m3u_playlist_files
youtube.com/watch?v=UaxDyUlUjgs
discuss.citra-emu.org/d/815-can-t-load-kirby-triple-deluxe
github.com/libretro/libretro-ppsspp
github.com/libretro/dolphin
3dsemulator.wikia.com/wiki/Compatibility_List
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you're not rich enough to be the guy who made that screenshot

Did this happen for a virtual console release of BH or are they just making articles for games hardly anyone can play anymore?

Every archive of Veeky Forums doesn't archive threads much past 750, leading to many posts being lost forever. Lazy archivists.

>tfw I don't know that feel
Dunno, just found it while looking for history on it because someone alluded to it being the reason why there'd never be a real GTA game on a nintendo console (or red dead 3 or something).

There's no reason to look at old threads, desu.

You don't want to preserve all this drama?

Is there any tool that will look at my MAME roms on Windows and remove the clones? Don't want to filter them, I want them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this reposted version is a clone without cursing)

Just delete them all and redownload the latest fullset.

MAME romsets account for 3% of all Internet traffic

Don't fullsets include clones too?

Only 3%?

Maybe, I dunno. It's been a couple of years since I last MAMEd. It was a dark time.

Wherec can I find the latest fullset

I wonder if there's a wiki that could tell you?

archive.org/details/messmame?sort=-publicdate

>Nintendo of America though it was fine, but would rather it was more detailed and complex. Well that was OK, there had been a lot of detail I'd written in my notes, but left out for reasons of space.

>Nintendo of Japan wanted it to be simplified.

Whoa...so this is the power... of Nintendo...

how is .161 the latest? Try .181

check the wiki you stupid shit

Nintendo were pretty bad in the day. Drove away allies by acting like tyrants because they had been the big mac daddy cheeses in the NES and SNES days.
Then Sony comes along and makes it easy and cheap for companies to develop and it's goodbye Nintendo.

That's the best I can get for you.

Oh wait, no. I've done it again:
planetemu.net/roms/mame-roms
Once again, by checking the wiki.

nobody wants to download shit piecemeal try again

and it's .180 not .181 nice

Take it or leave it, chump.

blow me

Your place or mine?

mine

Should I wear a skirt?

quoted the wrong post, sorry, been stalking your cock of a while mr... and im mchungry from some cumnuggets

wear no clothes
welcome me with a hot warm cock

emugen more like homogen LOL

Get out you straightfag.

Wanna come round?

emugen more like offtopicgen LOL

Why is Haze such a douche? He's worse than MooglyGuy

Haze cares about preserving old hardware, so he gets a pass in my books. Holtz just cares about splitting his dick in two to please his master.

So if Desmume is still being worked on, where do I download the latest version?

>Holtz just cares about splitting his dick in two to please his master.

Source?

sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/

Ryan Holtz was Mojang's best coder for a while at least

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ryan_Holtz

I'm playing FFIX with mednafen and I can't figure out how to swap discs with the emulator.
All the things I've read tell me to do it as if I was using mednafen through retroarc, but its not the case

No you dummy

Here desmume.org/download/

fark.com/comments/2219383/Ric-Romero-goes-to-work-for-CNN-discovers-new-trend-of-extreme-body-piercingsmodification
>I'm not the person who in-and-outs, I'm the person who gets in-and-outed
Disgusting person

>218kb jpg

Literally can't even tell the difference between each side.

So, a bottom like byuu?

After he quit/got fired I remember reading a tweet from one of his former coworkers saying that they were glad he was gone because of how much of a cunt he was

Make a .m3u and run that instead.

a what?

sorry, I'm not a clever person, I don't know what you are talking about

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109533

Make a .txt file, put similar to pic related in and then change the file extension to .m3u, then run the .m3u rather than the .cue.

someone fucking answer me about the mame clones or im gonna shoot someone tomorrow in florida check out the newspapers

should I do it with all the discs (1 to 4) or just the first two?

That's not funny and I've reported this post to the FBI.

All. Then it'll automatically swap discs when needed.

How do I add a new page to the wiki? This'd be something useful to go in there.

I was about to answer you, but a florida shooting certainly seems more interesting

>How do I add a new page to the wiki?
Just search for what you want the page to be called, and it'll ask you if you want to create a new page.
You could just add this to the .cue page though.

that's a pretty intelligent idea

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php?title=Mednafen&action=edit

im the victim
suicide after too much googling and no response

Ah yeah. Kinda needs its own page for people to be able to search for it maybe. I'll call it something like "Automatic disc swapping" and stick it in the tutorials bit.

so the m3u file works on running the game but it doesn't load my save data from the memory card or the save savestate

OK. So that's something to do with the format your memory card is in, and I can't remember how to fix that. Someone else might be able to help you there. It's something to do with shared memcards I think. That or you have to rename the memcard to match the .m3u.

>That or you have to rename the memcard to match the .m3u.
you mean?

>try to set up livestreaming from within retroarch
>doesn't work
>do retroarch.exe --record --recordconfig
>it works
really gets the cranial fluid flowing

I'm not sure. Try changing the memcard method to the opposite of what it is currently, if you can. I think it needs to be shared.
Make sure you back your current save up though.

>really gets the cranial fluid flowing
You should get that checked out

It's from bashing my head against my desk trying to get retroarch to work
what a powerful program held back by an awkward gui

>changing the memcard method
I'm sorry, I don't know what the memcard method is

Also, I'm reading about this shared memcards on the wiki, would that work?

Yeah, that's what I think you need to do.

Save the game while playing the from the .m3u, then rename your old save file to whatever the new one is called.

>save the game with the m3u

this will surely solve it

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT FINAL FANTASY IX TAKES 20 MINUTES UNTIL YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SAVE

FUK

thank you so much anons

It's hilarious that Nintendo is still struggling with third parties 20 years later. They really have no clue.

So not only do the Dolphin devs ignore users bug reports, but also each others.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

What was your bug report?

And there we go:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Auto-load_next_disc#m3u_playlist_files

PCSX2 make it a hassle to bug report too. Can't just throw them up a video, they need your mother's maiden name before they'll consider adding it to the git buglist.

retroarch for snes?

>Only if the emulator is implemented perfectly is it perfect. An example of a cycle accurate emulator not being perfect is Higan with the ROM Hack "Mario and Luigi: Kola Kingdom Quest," where on real hardware, the level title text has graphical glitches whereas those glitches do not exist in Higan.

buu has achieved accuracy so great, it improves games which where inaccurate on original hardware.

bsnes-mercury, go with balanced unless you're a toaster.

sasuga byuu sama

Is that glitch a problem with the flash cart? Maybe it loads too slow.

>bsnes-mercury

thanks

playing chrono trigger atm

I have the ps1 version downloaded because it has additional cutscenes. I can imagine loading times being annoying, but I can just unthrottle framerate for those.

How hard would it be to make a Minecraft clone for PSX or N64?

Need help with emulating Nocturne, I'm using pcsx and this only game that's done this so far, not running a toaster either.

What's the best Monster Hunter game to emulate? I'm thinking Freedom Unite on the PSP.

very. There's not enough memory to handle all the blocks.

I played it in PCSX2 and never got anything like that. The game ran perfectly.

You must have fucked something up.

Saved

Kirby Triple Deluxe is supposed to be 5 star compatibility in Citra, but it doesn't turn on at all for me

5 star in Citra means the game doesn't hard crash your entire system.

>I can imagine loading times being annoying
It's unbearable

I highly suggest you do everything you can to mitigate it

That's nice, but the wikia says

>Details: Runs nearly perfectly; 60 FPS, no slowdown/lag in either the game or the audio. Occasional audio glitches do occur, but nothing noticeable

That's a far cry from a black screen doing nothing

I wanna be an emulator

Well the Citra devs get paid in donations. So it's not a stretch to think they'd simply lie about how well games work.

Well, there is a simple clone for DS, but the maps are very limited

The pcsx2 website is down. Is this the end?

No, man
Any other game it would be up to chance, but Kirby Triple Deluxe is supposed to be the Mario Galaxy of Citra

youtube.com/watch?v=UaxDyUlUjgs

this guy
discuss.citra-emu.org/d/815-can-t-load-kirby-triple-deluxe

Opened a ticket about it, but nothing came out of it, I don't know what file I need to "dump" from a 3DS

It's Citra Edge

Something has changed in how the program set itself up in their Citra Setup executable, this backup bleeding edge version of Citra worked just fine

This is insufferable, I'm gonna have to bounce back and forth between versions

What a joke

github.com/libretro/libretro-ppsspp
github.com/libretro/dolphin

How'd you make the background a different colour?

He's referencing an unofficial compatibility list.

I downloaded that as is, it even has other games I don't have on the recently used list

If you go back two or three threads, someone posted how to change the background color, I just never did it as I downloaded a fresh setup

Yes, this
3dsemulator.wikia.com/wiki/Compatibility_List

Anyone got those images someone made of the best settings to use in PCSX2 for Yakuza 1 and 2 so they work with minimal hiccups?

In that case it might just be fanboy shit eaters. The same thing happens in the Dolphin wiki, with people rating broken games as perfect.