Lincoln or Lexus?

Ok Veeky Forums help me out here. I am about to buy my first car, budget is 7k. I am deciding between a 2004+ Lincoln Town Car and a Lexus IS300. I just want something comfy but I like the whole "sports" aspect of the Lexus.

bump

I think the Lexus might be more reliable, but the Lincoln is likely to have a better parts availability.

If you're worried about reliability, absolutely the lexus. Town cars fall apart and have a myriad of issues.

Get the best of both worlds. Get 2005 - 2012 Toyota Avalon. Big ass comfy car with dat toyota reliability. Not as sporty as the Lexus, but no bad for what it is. Most are owned by older guys who maintain their shit.

My grandma has a 2000 Avalon with 80k on it in perfect condition. She says she's going to will it to me, so I'll probably be driving that in 20 years or so.

You can get a good example of either car with that budget. However, those are two very different cars. Have you test driven examples of both?

Also, go with the OG Town Car... I like the styling better and it'll be super cheap.

Lexus. Some luxury, some sport. Much more reliable than Lincoln. I have a gs3 that has been incredibly dependable, would definitely buy Lexus again.

Oh also, Lincoln gets laughable gas mileage, but you might have to use 93oc fuel in the lex... worth researching

Just get a civic for 3k.

My neighbors an old lady and she's been driving a towncar since forever but I would still probably go for the lexus

Everyone here saying the Lexus will be more reliable don't realise the Town Car is a panther and routinely see 300k+ on the original powertrain.

I averaged 21mpg in mixed driving in my Town Car. Not horrible for a full-size with a V8.

Scotty recommends Lexus

I haven't test driven them yet but I plan to soon.

I feel you on that town car dude its the only thing keeping me from that Lexus. I know the Lexus is a more versatile car and can be made into a toegay machine when I am able to buy a new car. There is just something about that town car that keeps me clinging to it. I just imagine cruising down a road with my (memearrow) girlfriend and having a comfy weekend. But then I think of ripping it down the twisties on the weekend in an IS300.

Lol he can't afford an 05+ Avalon. Get a 00-04 avalon honestly. Had one for 5 years. Literally never broke anything ever

21mpg from a town car is not mixed driving. It's granny footing.

I just have to sell a little more crack and I can afford it.

Town car for instant cheap parts at any junk yard, 6 seats, towing up to ~5000 pounds, and comfy.

Ls300 for more mpg, better performance, Toyota design and lexus QC. I don't know how insurance or cosmetic fixes compare in price though

Is that a good gas saving car? Was planning to buy it to commute and drive around downtown

05-07 Avalons are under 7k. I have a 2012 with the same engine. I get 20-21 city low 30's on the highway. I went on road trip this fall & got 34 on the highway once I got up in the country with no traffic.

>Town cars fall apart and have a myriad of issues.
Like what?

ls430

>Lexus is more reliable

Nah, Panther Platform has its fair share of problems but they neigh-unkillable and IF something does go wrong they are piss easy to work on and cheap as hell to fix.

Snatch up the Town Car.

I get about 25 mpg in mine pretty steady. It isn't an uncommon figure at all.

I have owned two Town Cars. 1987 and 1988. Still have the 88. Here's what went wrong.
>fuel sender (both)
>valve train leaking (87)
>starter solenoid (88)
>instrument panel clusters (both)
>distributor (87)
>unknown as of now electrical issue draining battery (88)
>fuel leaking from filler area when adding gas (both)
I love Panthers but they've given me nothing but trouble. If I didn't love Town Cars so much I wouldn't have bought another, though the 87 had almost 200k miles.

Lexus mechanic here, nothing majorly wrong with the IS300's.

Oil filter placement is gay as fuck if you work on it yourself, coil packs are the main fail point in the 300's, really easy to replace.

Biggest 'sometime' issue is the rear drive shaft boots split and they are a hell of a job to replace, plus you cant buy boots (OEM) anymore so its the entire shaft that needs to be replaced.

Brakes wear at normal rates, Shocks aren't a common fail point. A/C mixer servos can have issues but are cheap and easy to replace, 1 hour job tops.

You are speaking about first gen town cars.
OP is considering a third gen.

I know, I just thought I'd share my experience.

is300 is cool but the back seats are small. Those did come in manual though

>avalon a mix of sporty and comfy

it does neither well. its FWD so handling sucks and weight distribution is wack so its doesnt ride as nice. a Lexus GS would be a better compromise between the 2 cars

IS300 is my next car for sure OP, but I'm going to start shitposting that they're trash and that the manuals are unicorns pretty soon here to prevent people from buying them all up or charging more.

Smart man.
I do this too except with C7 corvettes

also I do it 24/7 and from multiple IP addresses