Should I jump off the deep end

Should I jump off the deep end and put myself into debt for 36 months for this?
Loan got approved a few hours ago

porscheaustin.com/auto/used-2003-bmw-m3-m3-austin-78752-tx/15660771/

>inb4 someone implies I'm going to try to DD it

Other urls found in this thread:

m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190111
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>36 months for 12k loan
That's a bit long isn't it?

Keeping my payments below 300/month because shit credit

>financing a 14 year old BMW with 136,814 miles

Motherfucking why dude. Goddamn.

Nigger you what

If you got money and skills to maintain it, follow your dreams
If not, no.

I just want to go fast before I inevitably settle down in my boring office environment, content to climb a soulless corporate ladder and raise a soulless family, damnit.

I mean, anything that doesn't require lifting the engine out I can do or learn how. I'm not retarded, just autistic.

You obviously are retarded if you are going to finance an M3 with 136k miles. You have your entire life. Slow the fuck down and buy something you can afford. There are tons of cars under 5 grand that are fantastic and fun to drive and mod.

Get a miata

Yeah, but I wanna go faaaaast.
I can't seem to find many cheap V8's that aren't 2005-2010 mustangs, which is the body style I hate the most.
Not driving 200 miles out to check the only V8 Trans AM on the Internet that doesn't have pictures attached.

I'm looking for an upgrade from 175 HP to the front wheels, not a downgrade.

Buy a shitbike and a shitbox then, bike ist fast and "muh biking community", shitbox since you obviously don't have much money

>bikes
no. I have a future, not an adrenaline-fueled deathwish.
besides. I like hard-tops.

Good, but make sure you have enough set aside for early preventive maintenance. Spent about $2.5k on parts (valve adjustment-kit, water pump, cooling, oil, wheels, bushings, gaskets etc) when I bought mine.

Here's a nice maintenance overview and things you should know m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190111

Go look for a 540i/6 that's not an 03. They're generally pretty cheap.

Also, first time I see one without projector headlights.

I was always told to avoid 540is as they were the cars that made the meme of BMWs being moneypits.
Or was that 550?

E39's aren't that bad if you take care of it. Any BMW is going to be more expensive to own. Remember, just because you can buy it doesn't mean you can own it.I don't thing you should buy any BMW meme machine with your current income. Especially if you can't afford 300/mo.

Well all I really want is RWD/AWD, the 12k loan is from my credit union and not the dealership so it's not just for that car. 12k is my budget.

STi,evo,350Z,TT?

>Sti
Too expensive, can afford a 2005 or a 2008 WRX (05 sedan, 08 hatch) but am on the fence about them because they've probably been abused, plus the base WRX isn't that fast.

>evo
same as above.
>350Z
Don't really like them, hard to find ones with the VQ35HR in my budget that haven't been riced/abused
>TT
Audi TT I'm assuming?
Would rather have an A4 over it tbqhwyf

Don't get a fucking loan to buy fun shit you can't really afford you dork.

Mind bogglingly stupid. Don't fucking do it you poor moron. People like you stay poor because of stupid decisions like this.

dont do it
its got 130k miles so its nearing the end of its life
you might be able to make it to 200k if you knew it was well cared for
but its missing a DECADE of service history information

You'll be paying at least the same in monthly repair costs.

I guess I should validate my statement a bit...
Entire cooling system
VANOS rebuild
front lower control arm bushings
rear differential mount bushing
rear subframe cracking
door lock solenoids crapping out
sunroof falling off rails

:) Enjoy the E46 life.

If this car isn't going to be your daily driver why the fuck are you trying to buy a car?
You can't afford to pay $300 a month and want to fuck your credit with a loan for a fun car when you already have a car?

Important questions:
Whats the interest rate?
How much are you actually financing?
What are your payments actually going to be?

Get a 2005-2007 mustang GT in manual. It'll be fun enough and reliable to help you build your credit.

I'd get a 135i or something

>Going into debt for a decade old BMW

get a literbike and a coke addiction. worked p well for a friend of mine.

>Don't. Any car older than 10 years is going to be too old to get a good interest rate on. Just save for a while and pay cash for a 330ci zhp for

>I'm looking for an upgrade from 175 HP
That BMW has 195 hp.

But a cheap rwd sports car
Miata
Mr2
S2k

If you need 4+ seats
Lexus sc 300
Nissan 240
Silvia

>why do you want more than one vehicle?
Because if I go to street races/drag strips/track events in my DD I'll break it and then have to get a new car. Why not have a DD for DD shit and a fun car for fun shit?
>interest
6%
>financing
11k w/ 1k down
>payments
~350 month

Would rather have a SN95, don't like that gens body style
They don't sell them for reasonable prices in America. So rare they get marked up.
>shitposting because you can't have fun
Pic related?
I live in America and am looking for a car faster than my Honda stock.
So no Miata, MR2 are too expensive, s2k is far too expensive,
Lexus only have IS250 with a manual nearby unless I want to pay 14k for a SC300
240's are all torn to shit or gone within two days.
America didn't get Silvia's.

>Because if I go to street races/drag strips/track events in my DD

So you are going to buy a car you can't afford at high interest, then go to places where you are highly likely to crash it, all of which will lead to insurance not giving you any money because it will be easy to find out what you were doing. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

>legitimately considering an SMG E46 M3

I appreciate the concern, mom, but if I take my DD there and it happens I'm doubly boned.
Take what you can get.

I mean I'd prefer the stage 2 Dinan vert with a legit sixspeed but I have a thing against buying modded cars, cause I can afford that one too.

Oh my. I idnt look hard enough to see it's SMG. Damn ad lists it as a manual. Don't do it OP.

Add that to my previous list of items guaranteed to break.

Kill yourself. You're being completely irresponsible.

You shouldn't go into debt for a toy and you shouldn't buy an automatic BMW. Can you afford 2k for an smg pump replacement when it fails? No? What about subframe cracks? Vanos? Guess you should get a different car.

>literally frothing with rage over this
Calm down, I'm already looking at different cars.

You shouldn't get any second car unless your DD is in perfect mechanical shape. If you're in college you should be saving money to pay for that. if you're not, you should be saving to buy a house.

And what if I have a house that I inherit already?
And yes, the Honda is in good mechanical condition.

then just be patient and pay cash for an e46.

I mean it's not an E46 in particular, all my dream car really is is an E46 and before M3, which are only getting more abused and more expensive as time goes on.
1988 models are already going for 100k+, and that was my favorite

Damn I didn't know they go for so cheap now, pretty sweet

Can you realistically afford a BMW?

Maintenance will eat you alive more than you think. If you are set on it: check the VANOS and cooling system.

OP you have like 95% of the people in this thread with a DON'T DO IT response.

How old are you? Honest question.

user you have OP responding in this thread saying he's not going to do it.
Did you even read

Build your credit. That is your priority. Find something that will take you to work/school on a reliable basis. Start there.

You're going to thank you me later.

>build your credit
That's why I'm taking a personal loan out for 12k and putting it away til I find a car
>find yourself
As I've stated multiple times in this thread, I have a low mileage stick shift Honda from the 90's.
I'm not lacking in reliable transportation, nor am I the average faggot who makes their daily car their project or fun car, as I don't like walking to work, hence why I'm looking at a second vehicle.
Read first, thank me later.

Don't do it. Get a Civic.

But I want RWD with more than 200 hp

Dude don't be a retard. I'm a college kid who's been looking at mustangs and rx8's and 350's for years. I bit the fucking bullet and got a manual chevy econobox with 37k miles on it because it's the SMART thing to do. If you have a DD, for gods sake save your money. It ain't worth getting yourself in debt to get a meme car with 100k more on the clock than what I got for 9 grand. Find another fun gofast hobby that's kinda safe and cheap like motocross or some shit. Don't take out a massive loan for this, it isn't worth it. You're getting genuine advice so far on this thread and you'll be a dumbass not to take it

>78752
>My zip is 78753

Buy it and race me to round rock in it.

Nigga buy it. Ignore these edgy bus riders that get mad when someone gets something better than a shit box.

Definitely not with the SMG, that transmission was garbage and you'd almost certainly run into trouble with it. Find an e46 330 with a manual instead, sure it has 100 less horsepower but you'll actually be able to afford it and it's still a lot of fun to drive

Op, you're gonna become a bus rider when you gotta pay for those monthly payments and repairs. Or you're stuck paying for a dead car

500 dollars and an afternoon

Assuming he can wrench on his own. 500$ is a lot when he's worried about 300$ payments.

>Find an e46 330 with a manual instead

This is actually good advice, please OP.