18 year old Australian here. I need to learn to drive manual for the career path I want, so I need a manual car

18 year old Australian here. I need to learn to drive manual for the career path I want, so I need a manual car.

What's the best manual car that an 18 year old can get? Preferably something that isn't ugly as fuck, or expensive as fuck.

just clutch pussy

I don't think that'll help my situation.

BA xr6

>Australian
PLS LEAVE

Also, if you're taking on a career where driving a manual is a requirement, it's probably a career that won't exist for much longer than the next 10 years.

>it's probably a career that won't exist for much longer than the next 10 years.

It's the Air Force. I'm sure it'll still be here 10 years from now.

The very act of "driving" in itself won't be around for long. Manual transmissions have an even shorter lifespan.

Also, Auscuck, pls go away.

Mitsubishi lancer maybe, unless you're looking for a 4WD, but the running costs are heaps high once you get into 4wd.

go fuck yaself

Australians are here to stay, deal with it.

Thanks.

Thanks. And nah, I'm not looking for a 4WD or anything, just a sedan or a coupe is fine with me.

>Australians are here to stay, deal with it.
I wish we could nuke you fucks. Ground gotta be littered with the blood of our enemies. Semper fi.

Holden Monaro

Exmilitary here, don't waste your time you'll have to requalify upon entry.

T. RASIGS

3800 manual a shit

knew a bloke that had one they are gutless

Mine is a 6.0 LS2 with T-56. It is hardly gutless.

240sx

Hey fag I'm buying a manual 3800 tomorrow and I wanted you to know I bench 300lbs, queer.

get the cheapest shit holden you can find.

I love aussie cars. It's like the combo of america's obsession with large displacement engines and australia's strangeness.

V8 Ute, like a falcon user. Don't know the price, but you could prolly find one.

Muh 6.0ltr thunder was only 9k

Is also a pile of thrashed shit with a bottom end knock.

Nah went to the mechanic and it was just a bearing
Clean bill of health and all filters and fluids for $1900 total

That includes a pulley and brake pads (which I was going to do myself but forgot to mention it)

There will be more and more sophisticated driving assists, but fully autonomous cars- something that you can rely on to work correctly in all conditions- can't exist until general AI does.

Short of that, the only driving that computers can handle is the subset that can be boiled down to sensing objects and markings and adjusting controls accordingly.

I live in a hamlet with only a very narrow winding single lane to reach the main road. There's a 4-way intersection where at least one way is blind however you approach. There's lots of overhanging vegetation. I'm in Scotland, so it is pouring with rain continuously.

To navigate this safely, sensors aren't enough. You need to be able to actually understand the world around you and make inductions. You have to reason about where a hazard may be even though it's hidden. You need to predict what other drivers and pedestrians are going to do. Stuff that is utterly natural for humans and essentially impossible for computers short of general AI.