At Rolex 24 qualifiers

>at Rolex 24 qualifiers
>see fireball
>looking for which car it could've been
>see this on tow truck
>whole front end burned off
GM BTFO HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?

Other urls found in this thread:

sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/walliser-mid-engined-porsche-911-rsr-within-gte-rules/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Current view at the garage, they're closing all the doors and surrounding the front end with people so nobody can see the damage :^)

Fuck.

The only good vette is a dead one :)
t. porsche fan

Is the driver fine?
Was it crashed or was it random?

Better to sort it now than to happen in the race.

Corvette dust (don't breathe this!)

Seems to be random, driver fine, chassis bent and they're currently pulling the engine

Did the race already happen or is it happening towards the end of January like last year?

Its the last weekend of the month.

These are qualifiers, race starts 28th

>qualifiers
kek
Sure thing

"Don't breathe that shit" -butthurt chevy fan

if i miss it ill know who wins base on the threads that pop up or don't pop up afterwards. if the Corvette wins then you can expect alphonse to be silent. if Ford wins then you can expect 3-5 "BTFO" threads.

Porsche Master Race here. Y'all motherfuckers are posting in a troll thread.

Not OP, but they're disassembling the whole thing.

Oh shit, that sucks.

It would make for a nice story if this car wins though. Zero to hero style.

One of my most fond childhood memories is sitting on my dads shoulders watching a corvette c5r come barreling down the laguna seca corkscrew, engulfed in flames, hitting the wall right in front of me and burning to a crisp.

I never really thought about it but corvettes have been catching fire for years now.

You sure that wasn't at Sonoma with Dale Jr. driving?

>Porsche goes forced induction
So they admit they cannot compete with ford?

Just talked with a guy - random fuel fire, thing just burst into flames out of nowhere.
I know c7's overheat but this is just ridiculous!

They still aren't using forced induction.

Positive. How can you confuse sonoma with Laguna Seca?

I think they are going mid-engine'd for the 911.

So they admit RR a shit?

Sadly, this didn't happen on race day.

The rule set changes for 2016 allow for far more aggressive rear diffusers, which don't work with the RR design. So Porsche found out it's completely legal to move the engine forward a couple inches.

Porsche have been internally debating a new, mid-engined turbocharged racing 911 for a while now. Ford winning Le Mans last year along with the current rules favoring forced induction, plus the fact that they can't get a tire manufacturer to design a tire exclusively to work with the RR layout made them go ahead and build their new car.

Just wondering.

Yet

It's midship and turbo
Stay btfo porsche fangirl

>we've reached a point where we'd rather see who we don't like fail rather than see those who we like succeed

This is why this board is going to shit

pushrods a shit

gm is going to get btfo just like last year and beg imsa to slow ford down.

F u c k

>It's midship and turbo

It's only one of these things.

sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/walliser-mid-engined-porsche-911-rsr-within-gte-rules/

But expecting Veeky Forums to actually follow racing or know anything about it is retarded at this point because Veeky Forums is made up of benchracers that don't care about actual racing. They just use it as a means to shitpost. The car went MR but they kept the engine naturally aspirated.

Because a vette is in flames ? Nah . QQ harder.

Well there's yer problem, you're using pushrods!

Hownew.ru
Everyone on imageboards has always been bitter assholes who would rather see things they don't like fail than things they like succeed. /a/ masturbates over highly anticipated animes becoming trainwrecks so the manga readers can continue being the One True Fans. /v/ has a week long party every time some big AAA release or high profile indie game is a glitchy mess and the sales figures suffer. We're dickheads, all of us.

But GM won last year.

>Rolex 24 qualifiers

It's not qualifying. It's testing. The Roar is the second of two weekend test sessions that happens before the D24 (the first one happens before the holidays). What makes the Roar different is that its open to the public for spectators which helps drum up publicity for the race itself and so that IMSA officials can establish a baseline BoP.

Actual qualifying won't happen until the Thursday before the race on Jan 26 with the race itself happening on Sat/Sun Jan 28-29.

t. HurrDurrsche fangirl
It's turbocharged. Stay BTFO

It won the daytona and the overall.

Also this pic doesn't make any sense. It should be DNF, not recalled. It's still in use.

It is literally not turbocharged. What actually are you saying.

>egg and spoon races
gm has never won le mans

stay btfo

>muh egg and spoon

So you admit ford cannot compete?

so you admit gm can't compete?

your stupid is supercharged

At least it was still under warranty, no Corvette ever reaches warranty hehe

>he admitted ford cannot compete

BTFO!

once again Corvette BTFOs itself

>No source.

As expected from the porsche fangirl.

>Get's told he's wrong
>Moves goalpost

As expected.

stay btfo

im not the user you argued with, just posted the image because its relevant and funny

stay btfo
low energy as fuck

stay btfo

>Not even the right race

This is why motorsports discussion belongs on .

Veeky Forums is too stupid to know what they're talking about.

However unlikely it may be, I do hope that Porsche does a road version of this.

damage control : the post

>a couple inches

More like a couple feet

Are you being ironic or are you actually one of the autismos with a complex about Chevy?

Put your name back on asswipe.

Shut the fuck up

stay btfo

kek.

You know what the funniest part is? Same shit happened last year at the Roar. Same #4 Corvette, too, except Milner driving was that time.

Of course, the actual race itself finished with the Corvettes finishing 1-2 with the #4 that caught on fire winning the race.

Sad!

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH

GM literally cant compete