/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread: NEWS
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/dPbxwghQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PYIqhHPA7F8
mega.nz/#!1FpnhLSQ!VvuwlNlG5M4YRv3H0IAJRF91W---RK9bRo5ElyTxzE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

90 days

Joker's parents are divorced!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

I wonder if he has a step-mom/dad/sibling

anneposter on the ball as always

Please God, let me meet him. All I want to is to find that perfect boy I know exists. He’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The boy who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the boy I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the boy who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes. Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.

I wouldn't say it's detrimental at all, the bleak tone his work takes as actually pretty fitting. What I like about his games is that they don't try to make you feel comfy, or hopeful. I wouldn't even try to say they're deep, thought I think they are. His work is just meant to be a giant fuck you, and it's that kind of audacity that lets him get his point across and hammer it in, the melodrama is supposed to be played up, because he made the game to fuck with the player and make them think about those circumstances on a deeper level.

thanks

Is Rise performing at his inauguration?

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Fiction being comfy or hopeful isn't actually a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing to have some works of fiction that aren't comfy or hopeful either.

Persona 5 The Animation - Joker plays the Crane Game- m.youtube.com/watch?v=PYIqhHPA7F8

Sure, but I don't see much merit in being grimdark and shocking just for its own sake.

i really can't agree to any of that honestly, not even for the sake of argument. taro's writing doesn't prompt the player to think, it tells them what to feel, it's pure melodrama. subtlety is a strength in any kind of art, the old jazz saying that "it's the notes you don't play that matter', the unasked question hanging and lingering more powerfully than the asked question or the explicitly addressed element.

i don't think he's an incompetent or an overrated hack, i just see his style undermining itself at multiple turns within what are intended to be big masterstrokes

This, but when you're on a board about a game that gets off on being comfy you can't expect everyone to agree

cute

I don't understand the merit behind abstract open ended types of works, I prefer the way Taro does it, his work feels powerful, it doesn't feel like he's cheaping out on how he feels in his story, he's not telling the player to figure out what he means like some pretentious artist. He creates what he means and means what he creates.

There's plenty of merit in it, I've yet to meet a person that plays one of his games without feeling something, his games are about giving you a what if, what if this aspect of humanity got to this extreme, imagine this type of future where this could happen, stuff like that, subtlety is mostly just fear of scaring an audience, there's a difference between holding back the emotions in your work, and overwhelming the story with emotion, and I don't think Taro does either, he mixes dark humor with raw storytelling to deliver an amazing experience.

what 'abstract' works have you seen

genuine question, not the setup for an insult

In other words think about it this way, when someone deals with a major trauma, like let's say a rape, that victim is gonna think about that constantly, it will stick with them, maybe even consume their minds for some time. That's what his writing is like, he's trying to make his games a traumatic experience so that they consume the player and they think about the messages in his games for some time until they truly get to the core of it.

dealing with drakengard's controls and grinding made me feel like i had been raped

When I think of abstract, subtle, writing I think of those artsy types of indie games like Limbo, or Fez.

Taro didn't really have much control over that, I'm talking strictly on a story telling level

why can't life be like my japanese animes /pg/?

Because all the gods would be dead by now

Because they're fiction, and this is real life.

just create new ones, like the almighty god Internet

The Internet isn't a God it's more of a physical collective unconcious, and from it Gods can be born, like Kek

Which memes will AtlusUSA attribute to Futaba, /pg?

She'll love Star Trek.

You're in the Cafe and this guy slaps your waifu's ass.
What do you do?

Goro is used to having his ass slapped by older men anyway, he probably loves it

Tell him I have his son

those games are shit i agree, but not really what i'm talking about at all.

think something like sorcerer, where the idea of fate and insignificance are wrapped up in all the setpieces and narrative of the film without being explicitly addressed. the sense of struggle and futility is much more palpable and gripping because it flows naturally into the audience through the characters instead of being told to the audience via proxy or by direct representation. and at the same time the film has a standard, non-obfuscated narrative layer that works in synergy with the thematic and aesthetic layers

No waifu but would he slap a cat?

You're in the Cafe and a customer rubs your neko's belly.
What do you do?

You're at the art museum and this guy asks to draw your gaijin girlfriend's fat ass.

What do you do?

Call the police

Perusona faivu featuring Kira from death note

Cute

Holy shit user you fixed makoto

Literally Yukiko with a different headband.

But with brown hair and she doesn't look like an ugly nip. So literally Yukiko but better in every way

Reminder to report any flirting, for it is off-topic.

What does A.I.G.I.S. stand for?

*Aegis

Stop bullying him.

Goro is ready to go cycling on Tokyo outskirts!

it stands for best girl

make sure he doesn't get mugged

*Ægis

Αἰγίς

>Mugged
Mugging Goro is basically asking for get shellificated

I just did my tax returns, and I can't afford Persona 5.

What now? Do I just watch Youtube videos of Japs playing P5?

mug goro for money

Comfy home is comfy

suck a few dicks on craigslist to make up the difference

You can literally buy it by saving a dollar a day until April, dumbo

Why isn't he wearing a helmet

Must be nice to live in Sumaru City.

Can someone list all of the main characters hobbies?

Cause he wants to die

mega.nz/#!1FpnhLSQ!VvuwlNlG5M4YRv3H0IAJRF91W---RK9bRo5ElyTxzE4

Comiket scanfags are taking their sweet time so here's a random Forehead doujin I found

>changing the text to say "becky"
nice attention to detail

What was your reaction to the PC butthurt shitstorm today?

was fun

the what?

Really should have seen it coming

Cute Hermits!

post more Hermit

>Ryuji: Reading Manga, working out to reshape his body
>Ann: Watching TV Drama, playing handheld vidya games like PS VITA, Nintendo 3DS, etc.
>Yusuke: Strolling around, observing people for his painting
>Morgana: Watching TV (News and Criminal drama in particular)
>Makoto: Reading (all kind of genre, but she has particular taste for Sci-fi and shonen manga), cycling (especially after exams)
>Futaba: Web browsing, playing vidya games, watching anime
>Haru: Gardening, handicrafting
>Goro: Cycling, bouldering, fashionable games like darts

I wonder what Joker hobbies?

Fucking bitches

Is Futaba an Umaru or Tomoko?

Yusuke's only hobby is people watching? That's the best they could come up with?

>Yusuke: Strolling around, observing people for his painting
He's so boring :'(

Futaba is Futaba!

A squid

Of all the main characters, the traitor fuccboi got the most physically challenging hobbies.

>bouldering

he's got the gene

>mfw strolling around outside and web surfing is my hobby

Am I autistic guys?

>going outside

>most of P5's OST

Why are you dancing while sleeping

Wait until you see their habits :

>Ryuji - taps his feet on the ground when he’s bored or restless
>Morgana - grooms his legs often
>Anne - fiddles with the end of her pigtails when she’s thinking
>Yusuke - makes a frame gesture with his hands
>Makoto - puts her hand at her chin when she’s thinking
>Futaba - tends to squat anywhere; uses internet terminology a lot
>Haru - crosses her hands behind her back; sometimes overreacts to something
>Goro - tends to get lost in thought and mumbling when he’s on conversation

>Futaba - tends to squat anywhere; uses internet terminology a lot

so a slav sadgrill /r9k/ poster?

Really makes you think

>gardening
>crosses hand
>overreacts

What was everyone's favorite foods?

Why did they make Yusuke's entire character about muh art even in supplementary material, it would take literally two seconds to come up with some different bullshit

The Makoto one is wrong.
>reading(she reads all kinds of books, including sci-ci and manga).
Also, she likes taking a little trip.