Trump and Veeky Forums

So realistically what will Trump's policies do for all things Veeky Forums? Most notably new cars and oil.

Moving factories back to the US or having stiff taxes to import cars from factories moved outside the US will certainly drive up the price of new cars, right? Or is there some piece of this puzzle I don't have?

As for oil, he is certainly gonna put a boot up those NDAP protesters asses and get that project moving, right? Gas is already pretty cheap here right now but that would knock it down even further.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/
youtu.be/Pv321j97tZo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It's an user thinks the president can actually change things episode.

Trump won't do dick. Sure, he'll do things that are dear to the hearts of all Americans but still, he's a president that is bound by so many constitutional constraints and Congress, he'll be a sell-out before anyone says "here's my wallet"

But that's just my opinion

>As for oil, he is certainly gonna put a boot up those NDAP protesters asses and get that project moving, right?
nope. Obama killed the NDAP, and put in place bans on oil drilling on any US owned waters using presidential powers granted in 1953 that can't be reversed
Obama set Trump up with a major fuck you before leaving office

Gas is cheap because OPEC has been selling oil cheaper than water. But they're throwing in the towel. Gas will get expensive again. Luckily we now have a government open to drilling but still expect $3-4 for gas.

Trump has said the auto industry is over regulated, but hasn't paid any plans. Hopefully he'll at least stagnate the safety and emission rules that increase every single year.

Ok I knew we would go here, I don't care about any non Veeky Forums related policies. If those do or don't happen, whatever. But we already have seen automakers cancelling moves to Mexico, so we know there is at least enough fear to spur them into action.

As for the pipeline, I don't think it would be hard convincing a republican majority to approve that.

Trump wont do anything but make us more of a laughing stock

its good to have a dumb president again but man it isnt worth it

cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/

Top kek!!

If I can cut my cats off and not get constantly harassed I'll call this presidency a win

Our current president is blaming Russia for losing his legacy. We are a laughing stock already.

Why aren't you living in Indiana or some other midwestern shithole? Nobody here gives a fuck.

>using CNN as a source
>implying a wall isn't a better use of our money than gibs for illegals

well this presidency will be a failure then. He will never be able to repeal EPA regulations

lmao

oh I know

thats why I said more of

just the fact that he won already mase us even easier to make fun of

Didn't he put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA? Sounds easy enough

>N-No it is fake!!

keeeeeek!! He will jail the clintons aswell, just wait and see!!!

how do you think we get so many illegals? It sure as hell isn't them sneaking in. That accounts for less than 1% of illegal immigrants. So how are they coming here?
LEGALLY. On work visas. And then when the Visas expire, it's such a pain in the ass to go back home they say fuck it and stay.
A wall isn't going to help anything because planes fly over walls and illegal immigration isn't a problem.

still political suicide. It will never happen.

>just the fact that he won already mase us even easier to make fun of
Kind of like when Obummer won and we literally let a monkey be First Wife

comedy fucking gold

youtu.be/Pv321j97tZo

>Its 67th dimensional chess!!

I dont think anyone cared about that

not as bad as voting for a someone who isnt qualified to lead at all and displays ignorance while making stupid statements on the reg

Cheap gas prices just hurt the oil industry, which put thousands out of work. That's kind of against what trump campaigned for.

t. An Oklahoman who knows many people who lost or almost lost their job since the oil bubble crashed

>having a job that can end the second the grossly inflated product you sell goes back to a proper price

I'll try to give a non shitpost answer

For the first, canceling one factory move is probably just a show of goodwill. Don't expect it to be the norm, especially if Trump can't back up his tariff claim when he actually gets in

The pipeline in all honesty will probably end up getting through. Obama threw a big wrench in a month or so ago, but I can see Trump finding a workaround. Everyone who isn't retarded wants that pipeline, it's a few whiny libs that held it back by protesting.

I know right? Like going in front of the nation and saying Trayvon would look like your son, and saying the schizophrenic getting kidnapped wasn't a hate crime

I think plans to get manufacturing back in the US via tax breaks on domestics and tariffs on imports. I imagine this would at the very least cause manufacturers to ships the parts to US for final assembly because at the same time I can imagine other countries putting on their own tariffs on American imports. That's how some got around the chicken tax.

IRL the freemarket decides how this all plays out. If you remember one of the biggest sales points of say Toyota Tundras were that they were built in USA with mostly domestic parts. This led to heavy buyer criticism of Chevy, Ford and Dodge's pickups that weren't as 'American" as the Tundra. So the big 3 (Mostly Ford) slowly shifted production and parts manufacturing to USA to better compete with the Toyotas on that point. If people want US manufacturing jobs all they need to do is buy US made stuff, but instead they rather not have to pay as much and buy cheaper foreign stuff.

So Trump will have to figure out a way to incentivise the hell out of US manufacturing to make domestic stuff cheaper than the foreign stuff because ultimately people rather buy the cheaper stuff while giving the manufactures a hefty tax break to make up for the fact that they will need to build plants in foreign countries to sell in foreign countries due to foreign countries taxing American imports to stop Americans for taking their jobs and for tariffs on their exports to America.

>TL;DR we will build a great wall of isolationism

He isn't even in office yet sperglord. At least wait about 6 months before you start the heavy criticism.

>we will build a great wall of isolationism
it's about time

If he would get rid of the mandate to have all cars get 55mpg highway by 2030 it would be huge plus.

with all the pro-american job stuff coming in, theres a better chance the Dodge Viper will return.

Seeing as thats my favorite car, Im hoping.

>our roads are crumbling
>our bridges are falling apart

Roads are one of the few things the government does. They need to do a better job. MORE LANES! MORE SPEED!

absolutely nothing will happen and you're retarded if you think it will.

>Trump wouldn't DARE to do those things he constantly does

Trump is first and foremost a real estate developer it's very reasonable to assume that building/modernizing shit will be a big part of his administration

more along the lines of Trump is too stupid to do what he says he's going to do. Nothing he's promised is remotely do-able.

Except for how he's already doing it and he's not even inaugurated yet. Even if his appointments get blocked I'm sure he has a list as long as your arm of people just like the ones he's already nominated.

It really amuses me that people still think Trump is stupid.

They said the same thing about him winning

The wall can't be built It's too expensive, and he said he'd get Mexico to pay for it but is already trying to get Congress to pay for it.
He said he was going to have Hilary Clinton tried and put in jail.
That's not happening.
He said he'd ban all Muslims from America, which is not only incredibly bigotted, but against the literal constitution of this country.
It's not going to happen and you fuckheads fell for a pathological lier.
>Even if his appointments get blocked I'm sure he has a list as long as your arm of people just like the ones he's already nominated.
He blocks appointments with important people so he can watch SNL then bitch they made fun of him.

Lets write a letter to President Trump about Veeky Forums's concerns with the state of US transportation 1 word at a time. I'll start:

Dear

mister

trump

>wall can't be built
Yea that's way above our societies tech, we can go to space but can't stack bricks
>is gonna get congress to pay for it
Only the start up costs so we can get right to work, which will be reimbursed by Mexico
>won't lock up Hilary
We don't know that yet. One of Trump's biggest messages this campaign was NOT telling your enemies what you are gonna do. That said, locking her up would seem really petty so I'd actually prefer he let it go
>ban all Muslims
Ones from enemy areas, Temporarily, Obama has done this before and no one cared

Make

Twingo

great

again.

t.

assmad

cager

>against the literal constitution of this country
the constitution isn't for foreigner sandniggers
>The wall can't be built It's too expensive
lol

you probably thought brexit wouldn't happen, bernie would be nominated the democratic runner, and hillary would win too