Would a 90's Camry be a good starter vehicle?

Would a 90's Camry be a good starter vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/?q=camry starter grinding
youtube.com/watch?v=K27OGWMyEpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolutely.
Check for oil leaks.
If you can find a coupe, get it.

A good starter car is the 1982 Supra.

Yeah they're great. Reliable as fuck and pretty simple and easy to wrench on.

Get the 3.0 V6 version with the 5 speed manual.

>coupe
But why though?

Looks better

Why not?

Clearly 2door = moar sppeed then 4dorr

Get a Lexus ES, it's a Camry but better.

B-but 4 doors = 4 more women who are employed in the sex industry

This is good too, OP. As long as the price is right.

>what did he mean by this

4 doors for 4 whores

Is this a troll??
Kinda like diamond dozen?

>getting a 4 door and getting shamed into being the driver all the time

You can carry as many people in the 2 door, but it's such a chore getting in the back no one will want to

There are 8 cars for every 10 people in the US. If you still have to shuttle people around all the time you should stop surrounding yourself with the poor and underage, you dumb fuck.

Is the 2002 Camry considered good quality? Pic related, not my car but same model.

Yup.
My inlaws have one near 250k miles

the 92-96 gen Camry is rock solid. I have its sister car a ES300. Picked it up as a cheap winter beater this fall for $1600 with 203k miles. Rolling up on 208k, have invested in a t-belt/WP change ($180 in parts for Aisin), new accessory belts, new brakes all around ($150 powerstop 4 wheel kit on rockauto), and rear swaybar bushings. Oh and the snow tires. In retrospect I could have easily left the timing belt and water pump alone, what I took off still had plenty of life left in it. Will be putting new struts on come spring, rears are getting noisy in really cold weather. Awesome driving car, smoother engine/transmission than many new vehicles IMO. The V6 is a bit of a gas hog, I'm getting 20mpg in a mixed commute in the cold right now with warmups and everything, 24mpg in warmer weather commuting, and about 26mpg on highway trips. I'd totally trust it to drive cross country at this point.

Yes this generation of camry and the one before it commonly have starter solenoid issues which causes a grinding noise.
google.ca/?q=camry starter grinding

I should also mention that the car feels incredibly tight after all these miles, suspension is all original and in good shape aside from those tired-sounding struts (although it still rides well). ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, everything is still perfectly good. The rust proofing is pretty impressive as well, the subframes look great, not even surface rust on them. I'm starting to get just a bit of rot in the rear quarter panels, but absolutely nothing structural unlike any number of other similar-aged midsized sedans (Maximas and Taurus/Sable come to mind as real rot-boxes).

Mechanics will charge you more for repairs just because you have a lexus, not worth

Nonsense. OP would be an absolute moron to take it to a Lexus dealership anyhow. Damn near every mechanical bit is interchangable with the camry, and just as cheap and available. An indie wouldn't jack up his labor rate going off the badge of vehicle he's working on.

My first car was a 1995 Camry. I had it for 3 or so years. Never had to do a major repair on it, only the maintenance. Drove it daily with no problems. The only thing it had was an electrical problem, it would drain the battery when it was off. But while it was on it was pretty happy.

Handling was great, that car had the center of gravity of a 5 year old. Very hard to get any kind of body roll on it. I thrashed the shit out of it and it still came back without problems.

Sadly it did fuck up badly. The oil filter going from the oil pan to the second screw-on filter got clogged and I fucked up the bearings. It was a good car but I didn't fix it because I wanted to move on to something else. But if I would have fixed it I could have had it for a few more years easy. Would definitely recommend.

>Handling was great,
This is a troll. I had a 97 and it was a seriously dangerous shitbox and it had THE ABSOLUTE SHITTIEST BRAKING SYSTEM I HAVE EVER OPERATED IN A MOTOR VEHICLE

1995 and 1997 were different models you fucking retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=K27OGWMyEpI

It was an xv20 camry, so what? It had major problems. From the box it was terrible to drive, like i said the brakes were quite solidly the worst I've ever used. It drank gas, every shift was 4000rpm or higher because of the playskool for retards transmission logic. It wouldnt start after running for a while because the cheap CTS sensor would suddenly tell the ECU that the engine was ICE COLD and would flood it. It never once set a code so that problem lasted for a while. The back suspension knocked when you went over bumps, needed mounts. Front shocks needed the bearings that let the wheels turn because the coil spring would clunk when you turned the wheel. The oil pickup tube completely encrusted in sludge and blocked oil flow. Had to change the oil pump and chisel off the sludge even though oil changes were done every single 5k KMs. Oh yeah it needed a head gasket at like 20K just after being bought new.

It was one of our most unreliable cars ever. Had to change the engine in the 91 Celica too, both were almost the same 2.2L. The Celica was more reliable and fun to drive just that shit engine ruined it for that car.

Get a corolla for muh gas milage