Looking at getting a Ford F-150...

Looking at getting a Ford F-150. Got some good deals on the 201's because I just started a new job and get employee+ discounts or whatever it is called.

I'm looking at the SuperCrew with the 6.5 bed. I'll be hauling a track car and probably go-karts if my kids want to get into it. I doubt my weight will exceed 4500 lbs.

Is the 2.7L noticeably weaker than the 3.5L? I'm bummed that there isn't a 4x4 option in this set up, but I probably will never need it, so, w/e.

just get a 7.3 powerstroke for

Is that a Super Duty? I don't see that option on the F150.

Yeah it is. Don't listen to that user, he's stupid. If I were you id go for the 5.0L V8 option. MPG is not impressive i get an average 14 in the city. But it damn reliable. So far I only had to change the water pump after the 105k mile mark. My only issue thus far. But if MPG is an issue, i would say take a good look at some ecoboost options. I don't know too much about them.

>being such a noob you don't know what the 7.3 powerstroke is
sounds like you don't need a truck bro. rav4 might be more your speed.

the ecoboosts get just as shitty mpg as the v8 when towing

>not getting the coupe

what are you, a faggot

Yea, I need a truck. Please don't assume you know anything about me just because I am a first time truck buyer.

I was deciding between this and the GMC Canyon. Probably the diesel, but I will be paying nearly 10k more for it, since I don't get the employee pricing, which doesn't sound like a deal to me.

I'll keep looking at the ecoboost options.

WTF, I don't even...

get the ram sport, its better and more fun 395hp 5.7 and 4wd option, cheaper too

>truck
>not awd
>soda bottle tier displacement

you cant make this shit up

That's kind of what the thread is about >.>

You don't need a new truck. Buying new is retarded. A truck is a tool and infinitely repairable. So buy a used 5.0 or a silverado.

This. The ONLY valid reason to buy a truck new is if you're going to Section 179 the purchase and you are trying to maximize the deductions.

>used 5.0
enjoy your nightmare kid

Depends where Op is.

Currently in lots of Canada, the new trucks are priced only a couple thousand more than used. My theory is Texans using our shitty dollar to drive up the prices of used trucks.

I'm surprised there's no 3.6EcoBoost SuperCrew with a 6.5ft bed. They must be able to special order that combo? Seems like the perfect construction truck.

I've never used the 2.whatever but the 3.6 is good so far. Make sure there's warranty on the turbos though, they seem to either be fine and last a long time OR be dead in 70k km.

If you're towing a lot (read: more often than not), get the V8. The turbos need to cool after towing, they're less reliable under load, and get WORSE mileage than the V8 towing on the highway. Go figure.

My 2012 SuperCrew (5.5bed) 3.6TT (not aluminum) gets about 14L/100km of mostly 80kph country roads and a bit of city. Towing a car that drops to about 17-20L/100km. And whatever that is in Ameri-units.

Currently own a '16 2.7 super crew and it's a good little truck for off-road/daily driving.
As far as real world mpgs I get about 13.5mpg driving like an asshole in sport mode all the time.
Depending on how you drive you can probably push 16-20mpg.
Bone stock I'd say the 2.7 feels surprisingly quicker at least the 16's did (not sure about new 10speeds)
That being said if you plan on going aftermarket you'll see much better gains from the 5.0 and the 3.5.

Not interested in used.

>I'm surprised there's no 3.6EcoBoost SuperCrew with a 6.5ft bed.

They do have that, but it doesn't come in 4x4 option. It would be like, two or three times a year I would probably use 4x4, but having the option would be an ease of mind kind of thing.

I'll consider the V8, then.

Thanks.

I have a 2014 3.5L supercrew 6.5' bed 4x4 on 35x12.50 tires. I have quite a few performance modifications. and I've got a friend with a 2016 2.7L supercrew 5.5' bed 4x4 on 275/65R20 tires. completely stock besides for the level/bigger tires. unloaded his truck is quicker than mine. but loaded up I can outpull him easily. since my truck got smashed up I'm driving a 2016 5.0 4x4 and it's slower than shit. not to mention here at altitude it has to downshift to 3rd gear to pass anyone at highway speeds. and it gets about one MPG less than my truck.

if I were to buy a new one I'd say 2.7 > 3.5 > 5.0

Great, thanks.

no problem. also ford officially released news of the 2018 F150 today and it's been updated and has new engine options. so I don't know what kind of hurry you're in but if you want a year you can either get the new truck or get solid rebates on the outgoing '17s. I got mine for a steal after ordering had opened for the 2015s.

I have a 2015 2.7L. Great truck, zero problems after 15k miles. My dad also as a 2015 3.5L with zero problems after 50k miles. The 2.7 is lighter and feels quicker. I get 17/24mpg.

Only downside is the ecoboost sounds like shit.

my 3.5 sounded pretty horrible with just a catback (I tried a 4" then went to a 3") but the tone got much better when I installed off-road downpipes.

but it's fun when you go on the F150 forums, the only things the V8 owners can come up with to defend themselves are that turbos cost more to maintain and the V6 sounds bad. it's pretty sad.