Why did it have to go?

Why did it have to go?

Will there every be anything else like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAQ95NNk5MA
s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/unofficial-count-us-s2000-s-729838/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ND is very similar
Otherwise nobody else is trying, not even honda cares

uhhhhh, no.

lol k

pigfat
outdated
datsun
fuck off

Too slow

it does almost the same numbers stock for stock

this little shit is actually kinda fun.

Maybe because I'm Italian, but goddamn it I love the way the Fiata looks even if
>1.4l

Rally ver. looks fun too even though we'll probably never get a domestic release

youtube.com/watch?v=zAQ95NNk5MA

S2000 was over rated.
Have you driven on?
I worked at honda when the AP1 and AP2 came out. Got to drive both with zero miles. Took both up to 140mph and around some corners.
Over rated as fuck.

FIX IT AGAIN TONY

FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY

What is the actual reason for them discontinuing the car? I've heard various things from
>honda didn't make enough sales of it bc changing demographic and rising gas prices
>Government tried to get them to change the car so it'd be more 'pedestrian friendly' and honda didn't want to
>was literally just a limited edition car
What's the real reason

The economic crisis in 2008-09 coincided with the end of the run. It lasted almost 10 years. Purely a business decision. They weren't selling many, and didn't think a new version would sell enough to warrant replacing it.

Flipped
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Cheap
Heap
Every
Valve
Leaks
Oil
Every
Time

Fix
It
Again
Tony

I found both cars to be well balanced. Everyone bitched about torque, but you don't use honda engines at 3000 rpm. You use them at 5.5k+.

Not sure what you are comparing it to, but I feel you are way off base here.

Buy a C6 convertible if you want a better car than an S2000.
S2000's are only liked because they're nimble. They are not "fast". Even then a C6 with good tires could handle as well, though it would admittedly be a bit less responsive. Even then the C6 has double the power.

>chevloet

>a pushrod pigfat truck-engined pos vs a masterpiece of engineering
>m..muh hp!

fuck off

chevleot?

>What is the actual reason for them discontinuing the car?
Sales. As you said, it was supposed to be a special model with a limited release, but initial demand was good enough for Honda to keep selling it. The AP2 refresh kept sales up, but eventually it stopped being competitive enough with newer cars. It lasted for a decade, so it's not like it didn't have a good run.

Pic related.

As a stock car they are really good.
But, compared to any tuned car it's nothing special.

But that can be said for literally any car.

Cracked
Head
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

Source: I drive a Crapalier.

as a stock car they're really good? no, they have alot of body roll (not miata-tier, but still bad) the rideheight is like a truck and the front tires are only like 205's making the thing understeer like a bitch without needing to huff it into a corner. AP2's are even worse and nannied to the tits.

A square setup on an s2000 with sticky tires and decent aftermarket coilovers is very hard to beat for the price on the track.

>Source: I drive a Crapalier.
Are those still around? I thought they just all expired at some point before 2010.

These numbers can't be right....
Where'd you get this?

s2ki, someone put it together a few years back.

Everything matches up as far as I know, the S2000 was never a high-volume car.

s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/unofficial-count-us-s2000-s-729838/

Would you pay $36-40,000 for a 237hp Honda in 2009? When that same money bought you 300hp WRX STis, Evos, 350Zs, BMW 135is, and 400hp Camaro SSs?

Because that's how much they cost new. They were originally a cheaper base model Z4/Boxster competitor. Doesn't help economy took a shit in 2008 too.

Yes, as a stock car compared to other stock cars it's above average definitely.

Last model year was 2005. That's what I have. It's got 250k miles on it (guy before me did an engine swap at 170k though). I got it for $900 2 years ago, cuz I'm a broke collegefag. I've put 35k miles on it since then, and spent like $200 replacement parts. (Alternator, battery, and ignition switch). It does make some weird noises and shit sometimes, but its still running. So I guess I can't really complain.

I hate faggots like you that take the s2000 way too seriously. It's not even a good car, the car weighs too much for what it is, the engine isn't powerful enough, the tires are too skinny, the AP2 is nannied to shit, ap1's have problems out the ying yang, yet you still shill them because you've never driven a real sports car.