What happened to these?

What happened to these?

left to collect dust in boomer garages

Majority are probably statched in collectors garages. Same goes for the last Ford Thunderbird.

Sitting it boomers garages until they are old enough that they can put them on craigslist for $80k because they know what they got.

Nothing.

It wasn't a mass-market vehicle.

$38,300 in 1997 is what happened.

Huge flop, just like the rest of Chrysler/Plymouth history, SAD.

I always forget how retarded the bumbers make them look.
They are somewhat okay without them.

Ditch the 6 cylinder and throw in an 8 and I wouldn't mind owning one.

they cancelled The Wild Thornberrys

These things are not going to become collector's items. They were designed to be collectable, they were collected, and that ruins the value.

Also, those retro-futuristic designed to be a hot rod vehicles all aged horribly. The prowler especially had a fatal flaw in its underpowered V6 engine.

Of all of these sorts of vehicles (Prowler, new Thunderbird, SSR, etc) I think the PT Cruiser is most likely to be collectable. Not because it's good, but it is iconic and representative of an era, and while they made a ton they'll all be trashed because of how dumb they are. (That said they seem to be built quite well- I STILL see them around and you know no one is going out of their way to fix them.)

>What happened to these?
4 speed automatic happened.

>Also, those retro-futuristic designed to be a hot rod vehicles all aged horribly.
Have Americans ever gotten retro cars right a single fucking time? Chevy SSR, Chevy HHR, Prowler, Thunderturd, Pity Cruiser, they're all horrid, overstyled, badly made trainwrecks. I'd rather have a current Fiat 500.

Oh god I forgot these weren't even available with a manual. It's supposed to be a hotrod and they gave it a V6 and a 4 speed slushbox. And people think they'll be worth money?

Has anybody here driven a Prowler? Does it actually feel like a throwback to the hot rod era or does it carry more fashion than function?

that long ass hood is begging for a Deusenburg straight 8 swap

I don't know, the facelift is distinctively modernized. The pre-facelift was the retro one and it's already aging terribly.

Carries on like a car with a lethargic engine, shitty transmission, and terrible wheelbase/suspension.

Also 90's american car tier interior, complete with meme bubble styling.

boomers
hoho beat me too it

what are you doing fuck off no one asked for mustangs they're totally irrelevant to this thread go away eat shit die

was meant for

1. they're relevant
2. chill

Fun Fact, my mom invented the colour prowler Purple while working for dupont as a chemical engineer.

Also, my neighbor owns 2 ssr's, both sitting in his driveway, one is a pace car from some oval race, and the other has been under a car cover since ive moved here.

>Have Americans ever gotten retro cars right a single fucking time?
Yes. :^)

The V6 wasn't really that underpowered. 255hp from an n/a V6 in the late 90s was pretty good. Better than the Mustang's 2V V8. It was that four speed auto that killed the car.

>Fun Fact, my mom invented the colour prowler Purple while working for dupont as a chemical engineer.
prove it faggot

Oh boy look at this interior

>throws up

>5mpg
no

What vehicle is this even trying to emulate? There were no crossovers in the past. Is it a stretched, road going Bronco knockoff?

Fuck off shill jesus can't we have any thread without having some toyota or ford fag spam the entire fucking lineup in it?

>only one dial near the steering wheel
>RPM counter
>in an automatic
it's like they made it bad on purpose

They disapeared when you could get one of these.

>caring about mpgs in a supercar
kill yourself

[pukes internally]

That's actually a great, retro performance.
Complete immersion.

V6 instead of a straight line V8 and, from everything I have ever read they were pretty shitty cars from top to bottom that just happened to look pretty bad ass.

But that's not even a Ford.

fucking jags are disgusting
is any jag actually good? I like british cars, they all have an "elegance" and a sense of "class" to them. I love minis and land rovers, but jag dear god why

That is one of the dumbest fucking layouts I have ever seen in a car.

I can forgive the shit color scheme, but the layout being what it is? Nope. Fuck that noise.

>B-but its angled towards the driver
although ive had rpm in ever car ive had be it auto or manual
>is jag any good
google english engine reliability problems

Literally every single car they made was a huge turd

except the aussie/German Vauxhaul Omegas
stupid to because pic related fits

>brands never copy other brands

Thats the prowler not a jag

I like it.

>some brands can ONLY copy other brands

its almost like they intended it to be a RHD car and just slapped that shit in

Far from the worst 90's interior though
no you dont you think you o but you dont

Don't talk shit son

>muh supercar
nice interior for a 90's box

>except the aussie/German Vauxhaul Omegas
But those are awful. Mention the Cadillac Catera to an American car guy and they'll enter a rage fit.

aussies got the ls1 and 3800 we never seem to have a problem with them

>Pic related fits

It does and I don't have a problem with it, but a straight line V8 for a RWD car being standard would still be a better idea than the V6 they offered, you have to admit, and it wouldn't affect the price tag as much (even though it was still retardedly high).

All in all, the Prowler was built with visual outsider aesthetics in mind and fuck all attention was paid to people actually driving the god damned things.

all the problems where related to the shit engines gm eu and us put in them

Aussie spec ones are unkillable alot have over half a million miles+ stock drivetrain as well
because muh packaging and mpg's i guess

horseshit though i agree

I got the timeline wrong, she actually was working for Chrysler at the time, and evaluated and approved the colour code for use. The best I can do for you is show you the job offer letter from dupont and a different colour she made for honda. Pic related

Hey he wanted proof, it's not like its that wild of a fact that proof is super necessary but i asked her and it took 3 mins to dig up so why not.

>mom a guy on the internet doesn't believe you invented prowler purple
>let me go to my file cabinet son, this injustice must be resolved!

That is so close to how it actually happened I'm actually scared that you're spying on me