Veeky Forums MEETUP BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY, APRIL 2017

Hey guys, what's going on. I'm just trying to get a head count to see if we could seriously do this, but would anyone be interested in doing an Veeky Forums meet up and drive at the blue ridge parkway when it starts to warm up? I'm thinking maybe in April? We'd be starting at the entrance in Asheville NC, and go until we decide to stop

obviously we couldn't do the whole thing unless you all wanted to get hotels and whatnot.

Let me know what you guys think

Also we would need a way to keep track of everyone and get information out for everyone, I'd be happy to set up a discord server for us, although if you all would prefer a different medium I'd be happy to set that up too. Over the next month or so I'll be making several of these posts to try and get as many people as possible.

Thanks, and let me know what you all think

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/RJG5rsC
discord.gg/M6Gyr
discord.gg/3uj7J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I move that we start somewhere in VA. I'm from VA. perhaps skyline drive? basically the closest thing to the akina pass this side of the mississippi

I'm thinking go from Asheville enterance and take BRP to HWY 441?

Seconded, I'm also in VA.

Asheville is cool and all but too far

Lol OP here, I'm from Tennessee, y'all are killing me, if majority rules though I wouldn't mind travelling up there though, I used to live in Maryland

I'm from Eastern VA, but you can bet your ass I'll drive out.

I would drive out from CLT, but the Parkway is pretty boring. What about some good curves from Boone to Bristol maybe? I don't really care where too.

If the majority of you all are from VA, I'd be more than willing to move it out to VA, let's get a general headcount first and take it from there

Oh yeah we could take some detours, but we can decide on that the day of the meetup.

What do you all think about doing it Saturday April 15?

VA is probably worth avoiding in general, no radar detectors and cops are speed nazis in general

VA here too

we could meet up at Appalachian State University and head on towards Asheville because those mountain roads are fun. There's a few touge roads near Helen GA too

I'd be interested and asheville would be fine for me. Im in transylvania county nc and would be driving out. Hopefully ill have the dorito ready to go by then but even then ill bring something fun.

discord.gg/RJG5rsC

Here's the discord server, join up so we can keep track of everyone interested throughout the next couple months

sorry but this sounds like a dumb waste of money

and knowing this website you are more than likely a troll trying to get as many people from Veeky Forums in one place so you can call the cops

Maybe meet halfway? border of NC and VA?

You meddling kid you discovered my ruse

I'm in NC I'll come if one of the toyotas is back on the road (should be I think)

bump

I'll link up if it's a reasonable time frame

IF we meet up.in VA, I propose meeting near Warrenton and driving the touge at Thronton Gap, specifically the east side of the mountain

I will join you on the drive, but I'm never getting out the car to meet any of you. Too antisocial for that.

*Thornton Gap

And it would probably be better to meet in/near Sperryville

I can just imagine that

>At the meetup
>Everyones chatting
>Dude is just chilling in his car with the windows up, hands on the steering wheel
>"who the fuck is that guy"
>"idk man he's just been sitting in his car the entire time and following us, I think he wants money or something"

Sounds about right. We could do a cookout or something for lunch up on a pull off

That'd be cool, would be cheaper than grabbing dinner

Thats what the cali people do. And its nice up on the parkway if thats where we are going.

My only concern about the parkway is the speed limit but i guess going slower just means everyone can ride together

Be sure to join the discord so I can keep a headcount on people wanting to participate

I mean we're not gonna get in massive trouble for spirited driving, and there's plenty of detours on the parkway with little to no cops

Isn't the speed limit like 25 mph with cops shooting radar everywhere?

35 but yeah, that's why I suggested the south entrance to Skyline Drive in VA

Skyline Drive is exactly the same though. I saw two people pulled over the last time I drove it.

Tail of the dragon never has cops on it

But isn't that in Tennessee
I'm not talking about specifically skyline drive, I'm talking about 211 west through the mountain which passes by the southern entrance to Skyline drive

It's on the border of Tennessee and NC, it's about an hour away from BRP

Intredasting. I'm in MD so I don't know the area by heart.

Skyline drive has a better speed limit but it costs money

It's cool, pic related is the exciting part, but it doesn't do it justice

tail of the dragon is exhausting, it's just left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right. Your brakes stop working after a while too

I'm in MI but my grandfather is in Hendersonville, NC. Lurking for more details

I saw we meet at the blue ridge parkway, but we take the other back highways, blue ridge parkway is always filled with campers and RV's and if we go on a saturday we'd be stuck going 25mph the whole entire way

say*

Why don't we scrap the whole BRP idea and you tarheels come north into Ol Virginnie

>tfw you are heading to Winston Salem from Knoxville and end up on the dragon
>decide to go with it because why not scenic route
>get lost at the top because you havnt been there in 10 years
>end up on some backwoods gravel road at an almost 40 incline
>there are like 5 houses and people staring at you as you take a 4x4 road in a v6 mustang
>It exits out onto the parkways
I dont know where I was, but it was horrifying

No, u come south into NC.

I'd love too but I don't want to get pulled over and thrown in jail for speeding

they'll pull you over and waste your time, then depending on your attitude and car type give you a ticket or warning

Last I heard NCSP were the dickheads throwing people in jail, don't hit triple digits around VSP and you're good
"No"
I got warrants

I am in Asheville, I will totally show up. We could take the BRP south and hit 151 and 276.

Riverside Drive (251) in the north is pretty comfy, 80 off the BRP has some switchbacks but also lots of residential so perhaps an area immediately around Asheville is not the best place for a fun group drive.

Ruff'ton County NC reporting in.
The mountains are filled with liberals and queers, but damn is there some good food in Asheville.
I'm down for a meetup.

Its been a few years since i've been here so the statements may be inaccurate.
On the border of NC and TN theres this tiny convience store owned by a family most of which are over 70. The sweet tea is made by the sweetest granny ever whos nearly 90 and the bbq is made by this really old school grandpa whos almost as old. The younger 60 year olds arnt as friendly but they love customers none the less. I shill this place whenever I can just because I enjoyed hanging out outside and talking with the old ladies about the place and how its changed over the years

Have any of these meetups ever happened?

None for VA/NC
Cali meetups happen
HOU meetups happen
No one will go to the NC/VA/BPR circlejerk

I hope this one happens, the discord server makes it seem promising

We just have to come to an agreement on where to meet

Can my mom come

I live 5 minutes away from 276 out in Brevard, NC. Ceasar's head is a great driving spot. Lots of bikers (the moto kind) love that spot. I've never been on 151 I don't think but it looks like a good spot.

We really need more people to join the discord.

morning bump

Does she put out?

Can I ask why the fuck would you want to drive the BRP when Tail of the Dragon is within an hour or so of the OP meet place?

Are all your cars such shit they can't handle real curves?

Because 80% of the people in this thread are from VA, me (OP) is the only one who lives anywhere near TOD

RichmondFag here. Good luck from the central va area in setting this up. Nothing but the best

discord.gg/M6Gyr
discord.gg/M6Gyr
discord.gg/M6Gyr

Remember to join the discord server!

Nah, there's plenty of NC fags on this board. The only responders happen to be from VA, and fuck Virginia.

If you want to set a meet up, choose a spot worth driving to and let those far-off fags figure it out on their own.

>fuck Virginia
Success really does breed jealousy

From NC and I would maybe go.

We have till April to decide where to go, It's really going to be up to where the most people can make it too

Please enlighten me and inform me of a single desirable aspect of Virginia.

To me it seems like the slightly yankee-er version of South Carolina.

I can name a few:
>better infrastructure
>better government
>better education system
>better workforce
NC a shit compared to VA

Why would anyone live in VA when you can live in MD

>why would anyone want to live in a freer state than my commie shit hole?
Fix'd, and I'm from Bethesda, MD has turned into an utter shithole

fucking yokel go fuck a billy goat

I live in Asheville, but I'm too autistic to actually go, probably.

>yokel
You OK user? Cause your projection is getting out of hand

>better infrastructure
VA Roads are shit.

>better government
True, your state government wasn't gerrymandered to shit over the past 6 years.

>better education system
see above.

>better workforce
Maybe if your industry is manual labor...

>VA roads are shit
[citation needed] and NoVA doesn't count
>Not gerrymandered to hell
Then take control of your shit
>Maybe if your industry is manual labor
Bitch please, our workforce is better because of our education system, or did you forget that VA was the first state on the east coast to lead in the tech industry? What the fuck has NC ever done besides massacre pork and call it barbecue? (Your minced pork is shit and your """""sauce""""" is hot garbage)

>NoVA doesn't count

you realize NoVa is like 80% of your alls population?

Uh, you're forgetting Hampton Roads, the biggest population center in the state, and the Richmond Metro area
>NC education

VA beach here, our roads are objectively trash. VDOT is pretty shitty.
But pls no more fighting.You're tearing this family apart NC barely looks any different. I travel there all the time to see my friends and it feels just as much like home.

Dude. Your right there. You should go because we have been trying for like 2 years to get this together and its always the same 5 people.

Also why be afraid to go. We are all huge weebs/fags/dorks.

Rva here, is this still happening? If there's a rsvp list or something I'd be interested in coming

discord.gg/3uj7J

Discord server my man

I go to App State in Boone. Just for reference, there are parts of the Blue Ridge that get up to 45, usually when it's driving through farmland instead of on mountainsides.

You guys make me want to buy a shitbox Miata for the meet up, but unfortunately that's not gonna happen.

Why not senpai

>discord.gg/3uj7J
invite expired my man

when you click the instant invite button, the pop up will have a cog on it, click that, you can change the invite time limit from there

discord.gg/RJG5rsC

Yeah I did it on the first link I forgot too on the other ones

Why couldn't you niggers have done this when I was on the east coast?

Having two cars would be janky when I'm just going to have to move in a semester once I graduate. Unless I wanted to pull the miata behind my crossover. Unfortunately I'm a sucker for practicality, better to buy one once I have a job etc.

sooooo are we just gonna circlejerk about out cars and rev our stock exhausts?

I'm going to stay at home in Harrisonburg and pass on the cum brownies. Maybe next year.

>cum brownies
Sup /k/omrade

Fancy seeing you here, /k/omrade.

georgia here, my Genny Coupe and her Ark exhaust would like to have a word with you

Daily reminder to join Discord until this thread dies and I can get in the OP of the new thread

discord.gg/RJG5rsC

bump

I'm in as long as we can set a firm date and spot in this thread.

How about April 15th, at the northern VA entry spot? Meet at noon, BBQ, then hit the roads?

I'm about it