/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

nostalgia edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-2-2017

friendly mission successful:

I fucking missed the black ice skins bundle, fuck

Reposting from previous thread. What variant are we getting?

Another prototype

thank you for copypasting the OP from the pastebin, lad

you can still get it for frosts super 90 in the trapper bundle if im not mistaken.

just doing my job

Just a really fucking cool MP5 I hope.

>how do you want your subguns senpai?
>just tacticool my shit up

>want to report offensive names just cause they won and popped off

>introduce another mp5 into the game
>it's set to 3 round burst and can't be changed

Burst fire is the best firemode though

Aye. For as much as we like to complain, Siege is in the best time it's ever been right now

>Never really been a fan of elimination style games

>Find myself getting really fucking into Siege

Haven't regret my purchase yet

>two retards arguing over something stupid
>tking starts during prep phase
>just doing my thing preparing
>whole team dead
>just me
>mother
>fucking
>ace
>it
>both teams lose their collective shits
First ace ever, feels gud.

>introduce friend to Siege over the sale
>tfw he likes it and now we play daily

Feels comfy, man

yeah if you really want the black ice skin the only way to get it now is to buy the frost bundle, and even then it's only for the super 90 and can only be bought with ubishekels.

>tfw my group of 5 friends all buy it during the winter sale
>we learn the game together at the same pace
This truly is the best feeling in the world

>Using the frost memegun
>Not using the Sterling ironically but actually not ironically since it's fucking laser precise with zero recoil and all they've done is buff it more and more since launch

>tfw csgo's shit popularity ruins other peoples opinions of this game

Don't let it go to your head, that's usually what happens.
>Team murders itself
>Enemy team says HEY ONE GUY LEFT RUSH HIM
>They all sprint in like retards to the slaughter

Is there a way to play terrorist hunt classic mode with defense operators? been using it to test gun configs but I can only use attackers

> he didn't get black ice skins

look and laugh

You can just play Protect Hostage

>Frost will never rape you after viciously crippling you with her welcome mat

How do you pronounce Montagne?

Dont use Terrorist Hunt to test guns, the recoil and spray patterns are different

wait by missed the black ice bundle do you mean you weren't around for black ice and joined later on (like dust line , skull rain, red crow) or that you genuinely did not buy the bundles when they were available for renown.

mon-tog-nay

wtf? why and how are they different?

>console players

>The factions outfits will never all be up to date modern gear that they wear now.
Authenticity be damned.

He's bullshitting you. They're the same in any game mode.

> forgot image

i'm retarded.
the level of detail on some the black ice skins are really nice though. like the little parts that look like they have light snow on them / are frosted.

he's memeing you. the only difference in recoil and spray patterns are between controller and non controller users.

Mont-ain-ne

i'd rather have pseudo similar attire that are all visually distinct than all operators looking the exact same for the sake of realness.

missed it by joining too late

>tfw just tried spawn peeking
Man how do people do it

>/r6g/ making shit up again

i did not mean pseudo similar attire, i meant mildly authentic attire (like how the SAS and SWAT look).

sucks senpai. black ice were pretty great. like said you can still pick one up (but i don't think it's worth it).

who knows, maybe it'll come back later by popular demand.

>that fucking frozen rail

MY DICK

IM GONNA DO IT.

IM GONNA TRY THE MULTIPLAYER

WISH ME LUCK GUYS

> guys the bushido set fixs blitz's hitbox issues :D :D :D

break a leg

i hope you read the op guide

I did.

>Ubisoft admits they can have hitboxes seperate from character models
>Blitz still has the largest hitbox in the game because his ear muffs count as a 1HK

For what purpose?

W-Wait. Only Blitz? Jager and Bandit don't share that memery?

well as said you can buy ONE black ice skin in a bundle that's for frosts super 90 only, but other than that they're not available anymore. sorry friend.

>other parts lightly frosted
shit's so cash

You ever have a bullet graze your ear? It drops you just as fast as one hitting your brain.

Cancer

Blitz confirmed alien wearing helmet to cover up abnormally shaped head

>not selling time limited renown skins for R6 Credits after that period ends

Does Ubisoft hate money?

>blitz is still 1 speed
>blitz still has a tiny flash range
>blitz still dies immediately to hand shots

For what purpose? Maybe now that they fixed Montagne they'll realize how fucked he is.

Serious answer to the question:

Ubisoft handed development over to a new team they had never used before, and this was their first shooter. In other words, they accidentally found somebody actually good at making a game instead of relying on their usual staff. And this is why the game had a rough start.

they're probably on a rotation schedule or something, at least I hope they are

Montagne only got a buff because they got rid of his only reliable counter.

well i mean, part of the appeal is that they're kind of like a souvenir, proof that you were around for this event (like the ralphie skin).

to bring them back would ruin their "exclusivity".

>blitz can not immediately shoot his pistol after flashing unless he is already ADS

This is my biggest gripe, but I agree with the other issues 100%

Is Blitz the least picked operator in the game?

>to bring them back would ruin their "exclusivity".

Who gives a fuck? That is what the Season Ranked charms are for. Or just add a generic "[SEASON]" charm for weapons you get if you log in and play during a season. That's it.

Everything else, and I hate to endorse the jewry, should be available for R6 Credits. But by extension, EVERYTHING should be obtainable via Renown at some point. Charging money for retextures of weapons is bullshit. Just make it cost like 2 bucks or 100k renown for those "Tier 5" skins

The only thing I'd agree on is the Epic Skins / Uniforms, since those are complete remodels and not just retextures. But at 15 bucks it's fucking bananas to buy one of those

i meant nutcracker/ralphie.

if they gave out the ralphie skin again this year, it would have ruined the "exclusivity" of it, so they put out a new holiday themed skin (nutcracker) as a way to "prove" that you were around for Christmas 2016.

stuff like that makes me think that they're not on a rotation schedule like suggest's. if they were, surely the ralphie skin would've comeback, right?

We don't know anymore, they removed the community stats page a few months ago but with the ops normally at the bottom of the list buffed (Montagne, Tachanka) it's kind of a fight between Blitz and IQ for least picked.

>Who gives a fuck?
The players do

Now ubi is riding the wave of their good fortune. People are happy about what they are doing and they are confused.

We don't know because Ubisoft took down the pick rate website.

The day before they took it down he was the least picked attacker tho.

That's a shame, I use him in Thunt mostly and I love his lines when the match starts.

idk man i dont really give a shit about their exclusivity i just like the skin, i'm just going on what i've seen.

there's still the possibility that they're on a larger rotation schedule

This is objectively false. Nobody cares, especially if they never promised something so stupid. People are happy to collect stuff, and having it be a "limited time availability" sends people into a fever pitch to acquire the item in the time it's available. If you told people from the start "Oh and if you fuck up or real life gets in the way you can just buy the skin pack for 5 bucks later on, it'll always be on the store"

Nobody fucking cares if they sell you the Twitch Drone charm for 3 bucks. There is nothing exclusive or special about logging in on a specific week in December and playing a few matches

They'd make a lot of shekels by selling some of that stuff.

>Some people on team trying to vote kick me
>Score is 2-2
>Say fuck it and pick Blitz since they're trying to kick me anyway
>Just run in and start flashing and get 3 kills somehow

idk i think players do care about exclusivity to some extent. look at cs:go, even if you unboxed a shitty, ugly knife you would still love it and equip it simply because it's rare.

not defending ubi or valve i'm just saying.

I want more headgear like black beards diving helmet or bucks ski mask

>tachanka's shield can be shot without him even having line of sight to the enemy
>ash's tiny body and head peaks with a pixel of view
>she's literally invisible
>half a mag destroys my shield
>next bullet headshots me

He's still shit

Also glaz can 4-5 shot the head shield. Or better yet, 2 shot tachanka then finish him off

Last thread ended but I finished IQ

>Team being shitters
>Pick the absolute worst operative for whatever map it is
>Play like an idiot
>Somehow do well

I can't even sandbag right.

>castle
>was king
>anybody can take down his barricades
Like poetry

OwO

Soon stalkter soon the shit headgears will be gone

I'm going to masturbate to this and you can't stop me.

How so?

Why?

This game has worth netcompensation in any game I've seen.

>See guy on the edge of my screen
>Instantly flick and try to shoot him
>Within miliseconds I'm dead
>Replay, my character model is not even turning around and firing.

This keeps fucking happening nonstop, from the attackers view they always seem to have seconds to breathe in.

This netlag compensation is ridiculous, I know this because I've played on 200-250 ping and destroyed people with it, meanwhile 25 ping gives no advantage.

Esports ready, my ass.

>report every person with a mexican sounding name that kills me just in case

its trump's america now, boys.

I wish you could actually pick what gun you wanted on any operator. It's retarded that you're limited to one assault rifle and one shotgun on most of them.

But then you wouldn't buy the operators :^)

God I wish we could just pick character models, weapons. Fuck the specific abilities, they can just preannounce them after loading in map for muh balance.

>Everyone just picks Ash's R4 and the superNova as a shotty

What the other guy is getting at is that certain operators would be way too overpowered with certain weapons.

That's why rook is OP right

I'd use Montange with the MP5

we ever getting an updated barrel tier list?

>montange with lmg

>haha I said a thing

Rook can't pick whatever weapon he wants though, what are you trying to say?

retard

There isn't exactly a tier list since it's all personal preference and depends on how you fire your gun

Don't watch kill cams. They are totally fucked and serve no purpose other than to piss you off.

>Esports ready, my ass.
Dont they play at LANs so lag isnt an issue?