Hey Veeky Forums trying to pick out my new car

Hey Veeky Forums trying to pick out my new car.

Budget: $130,000 USD.
Current Car 2013 Mercedes C350.
Wants: More sporty (made a mistake with the C350) two seater is OK.

Currently eyeing: F-Type Coupe R AWD, Lotus Evora 400 (If they start actually delivering) Nissan GT-R, Cayman S.

civic for $130k

snek

two alfa 4cs

Lexus LC is the only car that will make me jealous when it passes me in 2017.

are you financing this car?

1987 Toyota Soarer

V8 or fuck off.

>Budget: $130,000 USD.
fuck that get a used MRAP or AFV

GT-R or X6M

Or 43 & 1/3 $3k civics.

or a 4c and a cts v
comfy boat with loads of power that looks baller as all fuck
and a car that looks better than 99% of the heaps on the road

How did you get 130,000?

You don't need $130k sitting around to buy a $130k car. I doubt more than 5% of people buying cars in that range do it outright.

If I had your budget it would be the cayman all day every day. I'd still show up at a cadillac dealership and give the cts-v a whirl.

Why would you not finance any car over 20k?
Rates are so low you're literally giving away thousands in free money by buying a car outright and not using that money for investing and pulling in mad gains

How much is this?

hnnng
definitely getting one soon

>$130k

Viper or LC

Financing $70k of it.

Get yourself a GT-R, never will go without one in the stable

991 Turbo S is also a great car

So where did you get $60k from?

I have considered the 4C, for sure a nice car.

>GTR, Cayman, Evora
All boiracer shit.

F-Type is the only gentleman's car listed.

I earn $160k a year, wife earns $75k a year. Our mortgage is only $1800 so we save an extreme amount per month. Together we also have $600,000 in investments and we're dividend focused investors. (We live in Jersey and work in the city)

Do you have a healthy savings for all the alimony payments after she leaves you?

don't listen to haters op

When we met I was only earning 60k, she didn't marry me for the money :)

People finance because they want to live beyond their means, not because it's a shrewd financial decision. If you actually had $130k to spend on a car buying a new car in that range is complete financial retardation. You can buy a clean 575 and worst case scenario in 5-10 years it's worth what you paid, chances are it will go up though. Any of these other cars are going to be maybe 20% of their original purchase price in 5-10 years. You have to look at the cars value when it's paid off, not the initial purchase price. If you buy an F Type for $80k on a 5 year loan at 0% you would be spending $80k on a $20k car.

What does your wife drive?

Can I have two thousand dollars?

Mercedes C300.

I'm not talking about cars as an investment, I'm talking about dropping cash on a car is retarded when you could be investing that cash and getting a much larger return than the 0-5% interest you're paying in your car loan.
Time value of money m8, its retarded to burn cash on a car to save the miniscule interest rate vs making 10% in investments over the time it takes to pay the car off by financing it

Don't buy new, buy old, something with a lot of depreciation already driven off. A lot of well built low mile german sports cars right at the bottom of their depreciation curve from the late 80's, early 90's. Especially the bmw's. 850csi. e34 M5. e30 320is. e36 M3 euro-spec. e39 M5. You can buy multiples of these cars with the money you are looking to spend and have a REAL driver car and possible a driveable appreciating investment. See e30 M3 and e28 M5 for examples.

Basically this but I hear the Evora 400 is really nice so I wouldn't discount it.

Being well-built doesn't exempt it from needing serious repairs. Vacuum hoses, belts, pulleys, pumps, electrical wiring, etc. ALL of this shit can and will fail on a 20-30 year old car regardless of who made it.

This is definitely the mindset of someone who has money and is good at making lots more of it.

I see you and wifey are in to Mercedes. I'd be buying every 2.3-16 and 2.5-16 I could get my hands on. That and the SL500's, and the 560SEC. Those cars are money in the bank.

if i kay ask whats your job?
huh i honestly never thought someone who earns 160k could afford cars in that range practically, but now you make it sound easy

Buy her an F-Type then buy you an LC.

Done.

If you really want a nice car, and care about money, why not do both and buy a car that is likely to hold it's value? The answer is almost nobody actually has the means to buy a $100k car, they just have to have one.

Sure, and it will fail on brand new cars. I owned a brand new Ford Diesel that had its injectors replaced before it even cleared the parking lot at the dealership.

>Sure, and it will fail on brand new cars.

>I owned a brand new Ford

OP please answer. I'll settle for $1000 as well.

Even an 850i is easier to keep up than luxury cars being made in the last few years with adaptive cruise control, electric power steering/ibooster, etc. It may not be apparent because most of these cars are still under warranty but it's going to be an all new level of depreciation/disastrous used cars being sold to poor suckers once they get out of warranty.

not OP but

1. very hard to finance an older car without already being wealthy
2. new cars come with warranty, sometimes free maintenance for a time period
3. good lucking driving a ferrari 550 3-4 days a week without hating life. rock chips, parking lots, MPG, etc

and anyone comparing a GTR vs an Evora S doesn't know anything about a cars and don't care about resale.

Yup, e60 M5 is the poster child of this new era. Great car, but the overly complicated blackhole of maintenance required is the reason why it is depreciating at twice the rate of any prior M car. And the newer M's are no different.

Buy all the clean, non-modded jap tofuboxes you can.

If I had OP's money I'd buy a couple low k R32 GTR's, a couple Figaros and maybe a couple other low k kei cars.

In that budget I would also consider the new Lexus LC500.

That NA V8 sounds fantastic.

Cayman GT4

There's no pricing details at all currently, just (rightful) speculation that it will probably be 80-130k. Right in your budget.

you'd be retarded to spend that much on a car. 997 911 is the best car in your budget. Just pick as fast as you want to go.

3 Focus RS

1 Focus RS
1 VW Golf R
1 Civic Type R
1 3k civic

This is the right answer:

>Asking Veeky Forums for buying a car with a budget above 30 grand
>This is not fiction

With 130k, mind as well just grab a S550 Coupe.

From a buyer in the same price range.
Check out the F-Type FB group and fourms. They are having tons of problems. Which is a shame, as I think its the sexiest on the list.

Cayman S is the reliable choice.

911 Carrera. Not the S, in the 991.2 with the turbos you don't need it.

Whend you save up for x amount of time use it as a down payment you finance the rest. That's generally how it should work. If you aren't spending anywhere else and know what you want your note to be at you should just do what you want.