/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Yakareando edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax alpha was released
-freeShop (embed) was DMCA'd, still can be installed through ... methods
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.05 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

titledb.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/
gbatemp.net/threads/super-nes-injection-guide.427181/
no-intro.org/tools.htm
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/
3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
a.pomf.cat/lnhadz.png
youtu.be/TYyctGjxUsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

1st for never trust on youtube tutorials.

Is this supposed to take so long?

>yfw the nintenninja burrito division planted the otp.bin there to get rid of colombian pirates

>all this butthurt coming from oldfags

LATEFAGS WIN ONCE AGAIN BAYB

5 hours
depends on the size of the sd

Can I update my 3ds when I have luma+a9lh in already?

post home menus

So I just woke up, have they fixed the black screen from fasthax yet?

ayy
Yeah, I figured as much but damn, almost 3 hours for a 32gb card? That's kind of a bummer, I was planning on getting CFW before leaving this afternoon but I'm not sure I'll be able to with a 3 hour check up.
Oh well. Thanks user.

yes, the latest firmware is safe to use on a9lh

i was one of those spics who almost bricked his 3DS
shit i almost close my new 3DS when i was on 2.0

i dont deserve this hacked 3ds i dodged 2 fucking huge bullets

Hey guys I'm on N3DSXL 11.2.0-35U, followed 3ds.guide until installing arm9loaderhax via browser, I keep getting error: payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size. What do?

no buy a damn game

>tfw sighax is going to btfo arm9babbies

Anyone succeeded the safehax without a cardridge? I wonder if it could work if I try it over and over again

Legit question guys.

I jumped on the train when OTP-less was a way to do it for n3DS XL.

I'm on latest Luma and A9LH with 11.3.

I have the backups which were made after downgrading to 9.2.

What do, how (and if) to get OTP.bin?

how does this happen when you should only be in 2.1.0 for about 30 minutes

Oh, I wonder if the SKY3DS would fit as a cartridge..

Any ideas?

Some reported managing to after gorilion tries. I am trying to be one of those so you may as well keep trying if you have time or until a fix is out

Some burrito needs to fuck up that Youtuber, This guy just bricked a bunch of people's shit who probably can't afford another 3ds anytime soon.

What's the reason for wanting a OTP.bin

goodnight guys

you need to go to 2.1
it's not worth it desu

because i didnt knew what i was doing
i didnt knew what was hapening i though that the fucked up collors mean that i fucked up something in the proces

so i restart the shit several times
then i saw in the spic video that it was normal on the new and the 2ds

after that i found out that if i closed my 3ds in that moment i would bricked it

Why would you want your otp at this point?

>I'm on latest Luma and A9LH with 11.3.

????

dont forget to delete the files this test creates on the root of your sd card. youre using a 32 so it wont really hurt you, but when i hacked my friends 3ds using the default 4gig stick the test files this created filled up the rest of the space on the card. just a reminder

post home menus!

i know this is the most basic shit but
where do i put the hombrew starter kit?

Current method uses OTP, meaning if, for whatever reason it is needed in the future, I will be left behind. In a way want to be future proof.

Or is it just paranoia on my part?

Dang, and as a owner of a o3ds, I can say that it's fucking terrible to try that

Thanks for the tip user! Will do.

You can update a9lh without having an OTP.bin

paranoia

It's a work in progress

where did you get that homebrew cia from? also what are the red power and green reset buttons from also

the homebrew cia is literally part of the install guide.

Yes, I know, already did once.

Typo, sorry.

Yes, that's what I figure:
>backup current nand
>restore 9.2 backup nand
>downgrade to 2.1, do whatever stuff is needed there
>restore current nand
probably there are ton of small bits I just dont know.

Yeah, but really don't want to be screwed over.

homebrew cia is literally the first thing you install after FBI portion of the guide

the power and reset are homebrews

It works I think. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Since it's only step 1/100000000

please help me I have double and triple checked, and even redownloaded the payload but I keep getting the error

You'll need to uninstall a9lh while you're on 9.2. But yeah, you got it.

Like I said there's not much of a point.

im otpless so i never used that guide

i have no idea what to install now, any gba cias?

32gb sd card, 130k 3ds blocks left

Where are the titlekeys?
You said there would be titlekeys!

Just joined the Homebrew crew, followed all the steps in a video, got HBC and Luma on my home screen, all my previous games are intact, now what? I want to get custom themes and play JP games.

Thanks in advance /hbg/.

titledb.com/

find the homebrew channel and scan the QR with FBI

*Installing GBC, GBA, SNES games via Virtual Console*

download GBC, GBA, SNES VC Injectors
>gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
>gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/
>gbatemp.net/threads/super-nes-injection-guide.427181/

>download the games you want from rom sites

>convert the roms into .CIAs

>place in .CIA folder inside SD card

>install through FBI

you'll most likely run into a snag when prompted to select SAVE TYPE when creating GBA .CIAs
in order to save onto an SD card or rather enjoy saves at all using VC you'll need to select SRAM
the final step in creating the .CIA will give you the option to patch the ROM but it's broken

you'll need to use an additional program to give it the SRAM patch BEFORE trying to create the .CIA
>GBATA
>no-intro.org/tools.htm
>open it
>select your .gba file
>select SRAM tab
>patch

if it's greyed out the ROM was already patched, you can proceed with the conversion, and SELECT SRAM without it you will

have no save file

real JP games should just werk

you can always pirate them, too

>tfw 4gb not big enough
gotta rob a technology store lads, wish me luck

I've gotten to step 18 on this guide:
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/

I missed the prompt to make a backup and I'm trying to follow 3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer like the guide says, but holding X during boot outputs the Failed to mount CTRNAND error. Pressing Start still brings me to Hourglass9. Where do I go from here?

>Custom themes
use and install CHMM, make a folder in the root of your SD card named Themes, you drop in your custom themes there (downloaded from 3dsthem.es or made by (you))

>JP games

just install the cia, a9lh has region free

Meaning I 'just' restore the 9.2 dump the guide urged me to create in the first place or restore without a9lh?

Also, what about all those folder deletions taking place on the sd during downgrade for 2.1 to boot?

Also, Decrypt9WIP for restoring nand backups, right / wrong?

Do I really need a cartridge to install fasthax? Everyone seems to be getting blackscreens without one...

Sell your console to some scrub.

nice and neat

Decrypt9 and Hourglass9 will keep a9lh on a NAND restore. You need to manually uninstall it with safea9lhinstaller.

I don't really know why you're doing this.

>I missed the prompt to make a backup
dude

I plan on importing a couple, but want to see the fruits of my efforts work. If I download a game what do I do with it is what I should ask.

I have CHMM2 app on homebrew and 2 themes already in the theme folder, however opening CHMM2 just gives me a black screen and does nothing. I've let it sit open for a bit thinking maybe it just needed a moment to work, but nothing.

any game cartridge will do

anyone can upload the freeshop.cia somewhere please? I can't make any of the QR work, and every pomf link doesn't load for some reason.

use soundhax

Reminder to do your part and submit to the database

It would just work in most cases. Sometimes you need to fuck with your Luma locales; refer to the github wiki.

I got you fim.

a.pomf.cat/lnhadz.png

>tfw 128GB card
>didn't know about the 300 icon limit
>have to launch titles with FBI now because they don't show up on home menu

Fuck

It's nice to see the home menu with a 128GB though.

I'm not doing this and don't plan to do this unless there is really a valid reason.

For now, the reason was - current method for n3ds includes OTP, which I don't have. Possibly meaning I would be screwed at some later stage.

Don't have one.
I have already done the first step and gained access to homebrew channel.

thank you

not even a DS cart?

You won't be screwed.

>tfw my SKY3DS finally had a purpose

The only reason OTP is used still is because OTPless would randomly brick during installation. Once A9LH is installed you have no reason or use for an OTP

Alright, thanks.

bitch. dab.

yeah, this power button sucks and I'm tired of pressing it already

thanks but the qr doesn't load, nor works open it as a new tab, not embeding it.

Nope,all I have is my 2DS and a 32 GB SD card.

OTP might be useful in the future if the bootrom gets dumped, for some offline crypto shit.

But if the bootrom gets dumped then we can have sighax, and it'll be trivial to dump OTP from sighax.

How does anyone not have a freeshop.cia

Made this theme a while back. The flowers on the bottom screen spin youtu.be/TYyctGjxUsc

was asking for good gba games i could try to find in cia format, but this is just as good, thanks user

DW I still got you. Try this one.
a.pomf.cat/lnhadz.png

Everybody does except you n00bs

has anyone had the failed to mount issue? i cant load decrypt or arm9 on boot. i suspect it's an issue with the files on my root but does anyone have any other ideas?

Me too, don't give up.
I noticed that sometimes it's loading longer before the black screen.. maybe there is hope

nice theme but doesn't the animation eat at your performance?

this way you know the .cia is legit and to your liking (gives you the option to customize how it looks in home menu)

so guys i did everithing and im a hapy hacked 3ds user

now thoe 2 questions

1 what do i need to keep ubdating regulary
2 i have a 4 gb SD card now, if i whant to pass to a 64 gb i just fucking copy and paste the shit inside tha 4gb card?

the animations themselves aren't animations, the 3ds just breaks a large image into 3 parts, if it's not a scrolling theme it takes it as an animated theme, and it just shows image 1 > 2 > 3 in that order everytime you move

failed too.
dunno why but pomf.cat isn't loading for me for some reason.

hell, I used to have one of the earlier freeshop.cias but I guess I deleted it at some point along the rest of my then useless cias.

Sorry, user. If I find something else I'll try ya.

luma updater
yes

Just the regular Nintendo updates and luma

copypaste works

Can someone show me the root of their SD?

Thank you

1. update CFW with Lumaupdater and FBI through update option

2. copy and paste

i just googled freeshop.cia and found a link, just use that

Yeah just literally copy and paste. If you have emunand (for whatever reason) you will have to make a clone of your SD card using software then inject it into a new one.

Just make sure you make your SD card is formatted in fat32 and that you've resized the partition so it actually uses all the space (if your SD card is over 32GB).