Shitbox dreams, euro edition

euro's of Veeky Forums. is there any american car for less than 5k$ that you would want, but can't get in your country?

Not really, no

Those Rangers were inferior to the Hilux, beaten by the L200 and were worse than the Navara/King Cabin all categories except for not having their cranks explode

What is it with merc owners and that attitude?
You guys are trams-continental

these are solid trucks, i do not know about the non-usa models; but the usa models esp. the 4x4 are solid trucks...

i really think the taco, s10, and ranger/mazda are great trucks

That is a rebaged Mazda

Just stating the facts, and its been a good six months since there existed a title for a Mercedes with my name on it

I may have been a bit harsh... the Navara has plenty of issues on its own, and the L200 feels 10 years older than it is, handles terribly and is dogshit boring

Mazda is worst truck.

You forgot Isuzu/Opel though.
The early ones were pretty solid. The most reliable Japanese small trucks and engines of the time by far. They felt older than the L200 and Hilux at the time too.

The L200 feels old because it is.
The chassis and engine of the L200 that ended in 2004 were as old as the w124.

I like my 2002 L200 a lot better than the Hilux of the same era precisely because it feels older and there's less things to go wrong.
Nothing ever has infact.
Handling wise I can't complain either. It is what it is.

can get only the catfish for 5K euros, good turd gens costs more, but can get them here theoretically.

Thats not a bad price at all. As long as its the LS1 not the V6

germoney dude here.

would love to have a crown vic but you have to be semi rich to keep them alive around here without letting it pull the most out of your wallet each month

can you get unimogs for under 5k?

I didn't forget them, I simply have no experience with the Campo/TF

We've got a few L200's at my workplace, and they're standing up to the abuse they go through. Not as well as the Hiluxes do, but to an acceptable degree

Hilux also feels old when you compare it to the Navara, but the engine feels slightly more "alive" and the whole car feels more sturdy.

How much equipment is on yours? Mate of mine has one with automatic transmission, aircondtioning and the whole package. Pretty nicely equipped for a 2004

I wants a old nissan King kab. Pic related.

OP here, i kind of figured the interceptors would make the list. maybe some older chebby trucks?

I can find beat-up turd gens for like 4k, but that's with the boat anchor 305.

those old chevy trucks are also a big favorite of mine. fucking love them but I guess they'd be even more expensive to own and run than the vic.
I just have to get my shit together and stop being a poorfag.

V8 or nothin imho
same

It's not really being unable to find them, it's more that between hard to find parts that have to be shipped from overseas and crazy fuel costs I wouldn't be able to keep one on the road.

Manual galant wagon with a 6a1 series motor.

I have a 6a12tt that I could literally bolt right in.

There is no import restriction for US-cars that I know of, in my country. Officials might get butthurt, about windshields and lights in some cases, but thats about it.
Or did you mean a car that is really rare in my country, but not in the US?
I really don´t know. Finland has quite solid US-car scene, so it would be something that I can get, but just much cheaper.

i guess i should kind of lay out what i had in mind

>load container full of american shitboxes
>go to euroland
>sell said shitboxes
>load container with pre-91' euro shitboxes
>send back to america
>sell said shitboxes

i'm not looking to make a profit. i just want to cover (some or all) the cost of the trip and buying my own shitbox.

>inb4 just hire an importer!

half the fun is i get a semi working vacation to go look at shitboxes in another country

You have 90 days each year to buy the burgerwagons, and sell the shitboxes.
And if you get caught doing business on a tourist visa, you will get barred from future entry.

Hhmm, ok.
V8 cars(ponycars for easier sell)
Diesel pickups/vans weighting over 3500kg. These can be registered as heavy trucks->tax-free(atleast in Finland). Non-DX GM 5.7 diesels are generally considered to be shit, so not those.
Jeep Wrangler/CJ7/you know the body style(I´ve been thinking about one, but I haven´t made my mind that do I really want one)

My L200 is a 4x4 crew cab with a manual transmission and the 2.5 intercooled diesel.
Has the normal options like A/C, power mirrors and windows.
The only uncommon factory options are the chrome rollbar, digital control for A/C and a slide opening rear window.

The crew cabs ride a lot softer than the single cabs, due to the extra weight.

The interior is too plasticky for my tastes, but its held up well.

My family has had over 4 L200s and half a dozen other trucks including Toyota , Isuzu, LandRover, and Datsun over the last 15 years.

If I had to pick a favorite out of all of them, it would be the Prugeot 504.