Veeky Forums I need to buy a car for two weeks...

Veeky Forums I need to buy a car for two weeks, potentially more because my company doesn't have an extra car for me and I will be without one.
I'm too young to rent one.

I've found a w126 300SD turbo within my budget of $1000. 288k miles
The more I think about it, the more I like this thing.
Diesel, lasts forever, great on fuel.
Super comfy interior, electric everything, luxury barge status.

Am I missing something with these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1Q3EeViQ6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, you go into your bosses office tomorrow and tell him to wrangle you up a company car or you are gonna walk

That sounds completely retarded. Your company is completely retarded if it can't solve such a problem.

That's not an option.

>hey company, I am going to your other facility a couple states away for no reason.
>I'm expecting you to supply me with a car for those 2.5 weeks or so, even though you can't legally rent me one.
>I'll also accept that nice check for the travel to and from, plus the perdiem even though you're footing the bill for housing and most of my meals.

My travel to and from alone will cover the cost of the car.

So is it a good car? I'm going to look at the one on Tuesday, anything I should look for?

>he thinks you can get a benz for 1k that "lasts forever"
>he wants luxury status for 1k

the ignorance is cute

>anything I should look for?

Upholstery condition, lighting and powered windows
Headlight knob ability to pull back to active inner foglights.
Trunk sealing
The wells in the trunk with pugs under movable carpeting to empty water flooding
Break pressure
Throttle Pedal
Car is supposed to comes with two keys; First one for car doors and ignition, second for unlocking trunk while car is locked.
Exhaust; Video related: youtube.com/watch?v=X1Q3EeViQ6Q

Benz from the 80s do last forever.

>Benz from the 80s do last forever.

That fucking meme only works on the ones you don't buy for fucking 1k.

If you buy a Benz for 1k it won't fucking last forever UNLESS you put a bigger amount of money in to get it back into good condition which is obviously not the OP's intend and he's rather thinking he buys a 1k Benz and will be driving it from then only on gas money since ~LASTS FOREVOR~~

M8, I know it won't be in the best condition, but I can throw new carpet in it, get some seat covers, ect.
It's not hard to bring some luxury back to it. I just like the idea of it being extremely comfy for long drives.

the comfy ends after 10 comfy miles when the comfy engine of your comfy 1k benz goes up in comfy smoke.

if you want to (financially) survive and actually get your job done either get a car that can be ok at 1k or fucking invest more if you seriously want to get a benz like this (around 5k for one that will hold together)

Don't buy it unless you are ready for countless problems and expensive maintenance.

I don't see how that would happen. The entire Internet says the drivetrain goes forever. Besides, I know what a fucked up engine sounds and looks like, if it's only going to last 10 minutes, it would die on a test drive.

You sound like that troll who was about to buy a W114 for $500 a couple days back.

You're probably the same fucking faggot.

In case you're for real which I doubt, just fucking get that car and get reckt.

>Super comfy interior, electric everything, luxury barge status. Am I missing something with these?
>electric everything, luxury barge status
>electric everything
You clearly aren't thinking enough, but hey it might b good

Where the fuck do you live/work? Here they legally have to provide you with these things if they're sending you away for 2 weeks.

My only other options are:

99 Ford pickup, high trim level 5.4 engine, but unknown miles.

96 blazer that's been on there for months, rough, missing int/ext parts, 4.3l at 215k ready to die pretty much.

04 Kia rio, supposedly 90k miles, beat up, was a donated car, but runs and drives supposedly.

And the Merc.

That's literally all there is for under a grand that supposedly runs and drives.

Those will all likely fail 2 days into the trip.

>so user you at that meeting?
>nope sir, at the pick n pull

I live in the land of the free.
Once I get to work I can just take someone's car, or get a ride. The problem is after work activities, like going to a store for food. Everything is 5 miles away in this town, so my only option to have some freedoms is to get a car.

I've been down this road before, the last 5 vehicles I bought were all under a grand and 3 of them drove home. They all are in a drive able state now and only one still has a growing problem, but it was originally bought for parts anyway.

I've just never messed with diesels, or foreign vehicles, so I figured I'd get some opinions.
Looks like I may have to look farther then 25 miles away I guess.

Farther away options include:

01 infiniti I 30, actually looks brilliant, but not many pictures, unk miles, looks fraudulent.

95 caddy El Dorado, couple, 167k miles, still pretty close, interior and paint are wasted.

00 Dodge minivan, 187k, literally $400 scrap price, reverse does not work.

00 altima, 150k MI, ad is in Spanish...

92 camary, unk miles, needs some minor repair.

Now shopping for a bicycle I guess...