Why do these states exist?

why do these states exist?

idk lol

buffer state between russia and the eu

Honest question: why isn't Moldova part of Romania?

Soviets being dicks basically. Besserabia should have been Romanian a long time ago.

Looks like the buffer states missed a piece of Russia by Poland and Lithuania. Good job you lazy fucking countries.

Why not?

You see, when two countries like each other a lot they come together and...

Is Belarus a fabricated nation like Ukraine?

No, they are rightful heirs of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

I'll give you Belarus, but you are full of shit if you think Ukraine isn't Russian clay.

How?, The Ukrainians have their own language, culture and history. They have been living in Ukraine just as long as the Russians have been living in Russia. Ukraine has every right to maintain it's sovereignty and independence. Sorry Russian but your desire for empire and buffer states does not give you the right to trample upon the freedom and independence of others like Ukraine or the Baltic nations.

> The Ukrainians have their own language, culture and history

Not an argument. Siberia's and tatar's culture and language is more diverse than slavic east europe. No one complaining there.

>not knowing what would happen if Russia didn't have access to the Baltic Sea

Because Russia is keeping those shitholes on a leash

>your nation has no right to exist because i say so

>No one complaining there
That's their perogative, but the Ukrainians are.

B

E

L

A

R

U

S

E

D

nice

khazarian jews

include me in the /r/Veeky Forums cap :^)

>I'll justify oppressing the Ukrainians by saying I oppress others too! What flawless logic!

Maybe because they're not Russians you dumb fucking nigger

m-me too

I fucking hate Russians like nobody else in this world, especially their hypocricy.

>Various Slavs live in Austria? They need to be freed! Slavic liberation now!
>Chechens, Tatars, Ukrainians, etc live in Russia? Shut the fuck up, they're ours!

Pretty much.

>Be an integral part of Lithuania
>Lithuanian dukes were still Lithuanian so you don't have any national elites at all
>Not even eventually polonified Ruthenian szlachta and cossacks like in Ukraine
>Develop to be a definite separate nation, with its own territory and language
>Yet have absolutely zero national self-awareness, perhaps even worse than Bosnia, and unlike Ukraine which has always been fighting for self-determination in some way or another
>Short period of national revival in the early 20th century gets rekt by Russkies
>Short period of national revival in the 90s gets rekt by Russkies, retarded commie elites and your own citizens not having any feeling of national belonging
>Belarusian language is nearing Gaelic in its spread
>Life off refining cheap Russian oil and slowly waiting for the end
>Official history basically starts with WW2 and ends with WW2
>Unofficial is claiming WE WUZ LITVINZ and trying to find great Belarusian people besides Kalinovski

It's like watching a small constantly sick child dying of cancer.

>Soviet world war two victories? They were Russian!
>Soviet crimes? Not us, they were by Soviets!

Because their citizens obviously want them to exist and because they have separate cultures from whatever country you, in your autistic furor, think should annex them.

I swear to god, it's always Americans making these threads. Why do you exist? Why aren't you western England right now?

you a missing clay, and to your question, because Russia

>Modern countries should look like they did 200 years ago!
>No, they weren't just as artificial then as now, back then we had NATURAL GOD-GIVEN BORDERS

Transnistria

>I'm an American and I don't understand Eastern Europe and probably worship Putin: the post

>a fabricated nation

What does that even mean? As opposed to what?

Russian it the thread, ask your ansvers.

How long have you been learning the english Ivan?

So Ukrainians and Belarusians can have their own countries.

Since second class in school.

The north-eastern part is heavily populated by Russians, once USSR has fallen and Moldova started talks about joining Romania however, that Russian speaking part proclaimed independence(nowadays it has autonomy), as majority of Moldovan powerplants were/are located here, they can blackmail the central government without worries as they were all mined since day 0 so if Moldova joins Romania they will blow them up.

>Short period of national revival in the early 20th century gets rekt by Russkies
It was rekt in mid 20th century.
All major literary works in Belarusian were published in USSR, mostly in 20's

Do you think Russia is corrupt above the average or is that western propaganda?

Pole here - they say it's worse than here, and we're the above average ones. That being said, I know from first hand that Ukraine is even worse.

It's not westernd propaganda, Russia is very corrupted. It says all here.
Sorry for my bad english.

Those countries are literally what would happen if Poland and Russia had gay sex.

You realize Russia is male and Poland is female right

No Russian, but just look at the sheer number of road rage videos from Russia. This comes from the fact that almost everyone has a camera in their car. Why? Because otherwise in case of a trial you would simply lose to those who paid the Police more.

In Polish it's "Ojczyzna" meaning "Fatherland"

Also, it was always "Mother Russia" so I doubt Russia is a male in this scenario.

you niggas are talking about a hetalia-like scenario which countries have sex with one anothers, baka y'alllllll :laughing cryingface: :ok_hand:

>why do these states exist?
Because nobody wants to suck Putin's dick except for /pol/fags.

It's Polska which is feminine gender

CHUj?

>It's Polska which is feminine gender
Doesn't matter, Rossija is a feminine gender too.

impressive

It's Russkiy fedoratsion

It isn't, Pidor. Stop trying,

The whole concept of Russia is "Mother Russia" not "Father Russia".

they do. it's called russia.

Actually it is fatherland (otechestvo) in Russian. "Mother Russia" is some horseshit Ametrican mistranslation of the word rodina

>otechestvo
Ojczyzna in Polish.

So like I said, it would be gay sex.

As opposed to a fully realized nation that doesn't need to force a collective identity from the top down.

>fully realized nation that doesn't need to force a collective identity from the top down.

Because we existed for 500 years with minor interruptions, and still have a right to exist?

The question is retarded

You both know jackshit

Every national identity is fabricated, the only true identity we have is our family and town.

A collection of towns/cities usually have not much in common.

>no ukraine or belarus on that map

why isn't this thread on /pol/?

T. Intelectual moldovean
They are litteraly right. The only reason Moldova exists is because of russians fucking with you. The principality of Moldavia is not the same thing.

Ukraine is a fabricated entity made by the austrians to fuel civil unrest in Imperial Russia during WW I

>M-muh it's not the same thing!

We were the exact same moldovan nation, living under the same state. Once western Moldova decided it's best to morph into the modern Romanian state, eastern Moldova was the last remaining direct successor of the medieval Moldovan state.

>The only reason Moldova exists is because of russians fucking with you.

How about no. The reason we exist is because we used our right to self-determination in 1917, when the Republic of Moldova was born. You uneducated smelly gyppo.

calm down conchita. go masturbate to some men in drag

A thing I wonder about buffer states, wouldn't it be better to just outright own the land? would make it even easier to set up defenses and stuff.

Because they prevent having direct, constant political relations and provide some level of cultural insulation

What would happen if Russia didn't have access to the Baltic Sea?

Mass starvation

>..muh self government
>muh uneducated smelly gyppo
>same culture as România
>same language
>România was litteraly unified someone from Vaslui
Ce gust are pula de rus vasâli? Sunt suceava și am trecut și pe la voi. Litteraly vă purtați ca noi numai că aveți unele obiceiuri rusești. Îți recomand să an hero.

Stalin tier divide and conquer.

Sucevean* phone is shit like that.

>We were the exact same moldovan nation, living under the same state.
Lol no, that's retard tier. The medieval state died. That shit stopped being a thing with the union. Even under the most retarded of definitions you aren't the same state as the medieval state, there is just no continuity. You are a stalinist fabrication.

>Once western Moldova decided it's best to morph into the modern Romanian state, eastern Moldova was the last remaining direct successor of the medieval Moldovan state.
Eastern Moldova was a conquered region that was never the heart of Moldova in the first place. It never had any sort of independence except for a tiny period in 1917 before deciding to unite with Romania. The modern "Moldovan" state is a soviet creation, made by butthurt russians after Bessarabia was reunited. Initially it didn't even have anything to do with Moldova and was essentially a larger Transnistria.

>How about no. The reason we exist is because we used our right to self-determination in 1917, when the Republic of Moldova was born. You uneducated smelly gyppo.
You then used your right to self-determination to be annexed by Romania right after. 2 decades later, Stalin conquered you, violating your right to self determination, colonized you with stinking bydlos, and then brainwashed you into thinking you're "special".

Hint: You're not. You were always the shittiest part of Moldova, way back to when you were a place for the tatars to tire themselves looting until other people came to drive them out.

Because not every state must be a nation-state.

One has history. the other doesn't
>inb4 b-but muh commonwealth