pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread:

FOTE UPDATE WHEN

ANCIENT EMPIRES UPDATE WHEN

MEDIEVAL 1212 UPDATE WHEN

NEXT HISTORICAL TITLE WHEN

VLAD AS THE FACTION LEADER UPDATE WHEN

Previous thread:

So, anything interesting happening in the stream?

STAB

First for turn 113 stunties, how do I into Total War

Best faction for traditional playthrough in FOTS?
I don't like Aizus starting location

Should I used lore of death or beasts for my bray-shaman? I like that death has a lot of morale debuffs and lord sniping, but beasts can summon fucking manticores, and some of those buffs, whew.

soooooooooo

when is CA giving us some folders/way to organize the mods?

i mean, mod manager is limited

>went to royal armouries last week
>all my shitty phone pictures came out terrible because every room is dark as fuck

Alright, so next campaign I have a new plan. I'm going to walk out of Silver Road with a 20 stack of basic units and start shitting on the greenskins, hoping that Grimgor doesn't bring his fucking retarded Black Orcs. Going to take Death Pass first, get that sweet sweet gold mine money, then keep shitting on Greenskins while I build up walls and military buildings in Silver Road. Also, building a second army asap and then holding off on a third so I have money to build with.

Depends

The morale debuffs synergize pretty damn well with Beastmemes since a lot of the time you can rush a line and cause mass routs near instantly.

But taken purely on it's own merits Beasts is a better lore, Flock of Doom is one of the best damage spells in the game.

If you get a rebellion spawn a lord and hold out, buy a garrison as first building every time.

Even the basic Dwarf garrison is strong enough to beat of 10 or so weak units.

mp or campaign? Beasts has the better passive in wild heart, plus as you said can summon maticores. Flock of doom is very good at dps for enemy blobs, and Pann's impenetrable pelt is actually a very good spell for giving a temporary ward save to either a hero, or your main line (with the oc version). Death has good aoe debuffs, but its damage potential has been nerfed into oblivion since release

Rollan!

Campaign. I guess I'll go with beasts, those all sound way too good to pass up.

Not him, but Garrisons are always my second building. First building being a growth building, then when I upgrade the settlement level I go for garrison. If public order is bad enough it's rare I'll have enough time to get a level 1 garrison before rebels start fucking around

Satsuma

If it is a tier 1 settlement get growth, if 2 straight to garrison.

You can get growth the next turn, this is just for rapid expansion of the badlands.

>Shit elves only 2 LL's.

That's what they deserve for being such faggots.

I like Aizu the most, they dont have snipers but they have the best line infantery.

Also all the traditional units have+1 exp and cost -10%

Of course! I'm the user having trouble with stunties campaign. I always garrison up. The reason I've taken so long to do anything is because I couldn't figure out a way to stay alive while doing early aggression.

If you get your Bray shaman to a high enough level and have the points, putting him on a chariot can be a good idea, as it allows him to bully enemy infantry especially if you are playing against the dwarfs who have no cav. Thanks to the buffs to chariots, if you micro him well you can get absurd numbers of kills, pic related

If I win this battle I can clear the sassanids stacks out of antioch, if they are left there they will eventually swarm one of my armies at an inopportune time

>never beat M2TW
>decide to fire it up for a playthrough
>going good until Mongols show up
>steam roll everything because it's on the hardest difficulty
>try it again
>my allies/neighbors always end up too weak and give them way too much headway and fuck me over
>start up again as based Holy Roman Empire
>go full first Reich and conquer the shit out of everything
>excommunicated before turn 50
>give no shits and keep slaughtering my fellow christians to build my empire, pope be damned
>I have to get stronger for the Mongols
>by the time they show up the British Isles, France, and Italy are under my control
>tfw I win

I mean my choices make sense but holy shit was I a tyrant. History would fucking hate me.

also

How do you guys get these massive close battles, in my campaigns every battle is a one sided stomp

>This kills the Chaosposter

Take battles that are disadvantageous to you and try to win them. Easily the best battles in TW.

>Wood Elves are busted right now
Thanks for letting us know.

I'm 99% sure they'll get another LL, all DLC factions (except for maybe WoC) will end up with 3 LL

>fancy a cheeky bit of Medieval 2, maybe download Third Age again
>parents cleared out computer bureau while I was away, M2 and Rome 1 disks nowhere to be seen
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>wood elves have gone from scrub filter to scrub magnet
that's pretty sad desu

>still living with parents
you deserve it desu

>disk
I apologise for the spelling, feel free to call me a nonce for the rest of the thread

>not using cloud storage
>living with parents

But they're not?

Waywatchers certainly aren't.

The only broken unit is Wildwood Rangers because some idiot at CA accidentally typed a wrong number.

The campaign AI is also borked, but that's hardly relevant.

>not just having everything in your bedroom
You're like 'that kid' who had his console in the living room.

>Grimgor bring his black orcs
And no fucks where given. The rest of your army will destroy his because the Orcs dont have any decent app yet and the blackies will break from morale. Grimgor will do some damage but that's it. Dwarf camp be easy for a reason

I'm only back for a year or so between finishing uni and going to Sandhurst
Had been away for three years before July/August last year

Old Friend when?

Archaon, you can stop posting anytime.

>Implying it won't be the grudebringer
pls stop

Been thinking about ways to counter the new VC meta, how would nothing but treemen durthu and a life mage fare?

I must think his black orcs are stronger than they are. I watched a single black orc unit and grimgor take out 3 dwarf warrior units and fuck me over. I'm scared of them now.

I'm okay with that as long as he gets some starting position other than Altdorf.

>having a desktop in your bedroom
fob

My desktop is next to my bed, sleep wake up shitpost sleep repeat.

NIGHT BATTLES YES

I wonder how they could do him.
Just having him be a generic Empire LL starting in Altdorf would suck.
I guess the best options would either be as a horde style faction or as Border Princes.

>tfw mercenary army gameplay never
I hope we get it in 30 years' war: total war

30 Years War TW would just be Empire but with more pikes involved.

And hopefully reload animations

>No Grail quest minicampaign for Bretonnia
>No M2TW Kingdoms: Americas with modern TW gunlines and horde mechanics
>No roving Necromancer who can only replenish with raise dead
>No Ogre Kingdoms mercenary army with a special kind of alliance that imitates employment by a faction

Black orcs have no shields, so they die to concentrated firepower, even from quarrellers

Sassanids are getting btfo left and right

What the fuck.

Just played against VC for the first time as emp and got a heroic victory but it was dumb as shit.

CA hasn't seemed to programme the AI to actually function on some of the more retarded maps they created?

Vamps were attacking me with 2 stacks, the first one sent all their fast units in with absolutely 0 support, so they all died alone.

The rest of the stack just seemingly ran around in circles. I think it was trying to respond to me moving my formation but it didn't take into account that I was shooting the fuck out of it with xbows.

Then the AI just left sent the rest of the army to engage me but left Himmler with 2 units of Outriders chasing him??? Needless to say he died pretty fucking fast.

After that they also sent Vlad in... on his own, completely separate from the rest of the second stack he was with.

I really don't understand. Can the AI not play VC?

I'm hoping it was just the map, because it had a huge hill in the middle so no side could see each other.

That was fucking disappointing though, that was meant to be an epic battle but it was just like the AI surrendered.

Has anyone else had something similar?

Don't play on easy then

Its on very hard.

Difficulty isn't even meant to change battle AI anyway you dipshit.

Warhammer infuriates me so much

> Stupid chaos, varg and skaeling calling me "asinine mortal" and "your demise is certain" 200 hundred times a day makes me ultra furious
> Retarded chaos, varg shitskins (shitsking in the north? wtf), and sgaylings running around like faggots
> Battle is stupid marauders and faggy dogs in the flanks waiting to fuck my immobile empire formation if my steam tanks are not able to take them out on time they meet my line
> Warhammer lore is so freaking stupid. I bought the game expecting a warhammer 40k but this game is really all about Rome 1 barbarian invasion where stupid nomad people fucks up battles and campaign map where you chase like a faggy asshole 200 turns while they raze and pillage your cities
> There's more: How come varg and sgayling are all jocks with huge thighs and muscles while the normal humans are skinny and weak? Are the women in the north fat spartans that gave birth to huge ass babies? Or they made a pact with chaos so they could be roided up without going to the gym?

I'm winning with the empire while raizing all of these asshole nomad shitskin fags and going to desinstall this piece of shit game full of chasing and retarded corruption everywhere making you camp every ONE turn so you are dont lose your whole stack.

Going to buy shogun 2 and be happy with a decent game.

Are you going to past this boring pasta in every thread?

how did this battle go? every time i fight against armies with reinforcements in attila i can never cut them off from each other and just get swarmed once they've grouped up

I thought the difficulty is for the campaign AI, but once you set it to very hard, it will be tied to the battle AI, as well.

If you don't change the battle difficulty again after you started your campaign (you can only do that anyway), then I'd like to know how this happens...

I never really play vanilla as I always have some kind of AI mods (whether it will be recruitment or campaign/battle AI overhaul), so things always seem to be quite tense.

>M2TW Kingdoms America playing as a spanish horde and with current warscape.

I've got a boner.

went to a museum in spain a while back and took a bunch of pictures but they came out shit because my phone's lense was greasy from something

It is time. The Legacy of the Roman Empire lives or dies in this campaign. Enjoy!

My mod list is below:

1) Climate Tweeks by PMarricks
2) Double Garrisons by Will
3) Roman Paganism Buildings Upgraded by Darktobias266
4) Weaker Towers by Greenpatriot
5) Better AI Recruitment and Army Composition by D.
6) Natural Water Mod by .vhs
7) Legacy Techs Enabled by Darktobias266
8) Defensores Romanum by Avetis
9) Defensores Romanum (reskin only) by Avetis
10 Grand Campaign Avetis Reskin Compillation by Avetis
11) Plumbata darts for Roman infantry by Liebespanzer
12) Fertility +1 by DeliciousCrackers
13) corruption reduction (50%) by Mar45690

>bunch of ez mode mods
cmon man

I was told on here that very hard setting with battle difficulty set to normal was the best setting because all that increasing the battle difficulty does is give the AI free stat boosts, which is pretty artificial.

What campaign/ Battle AI overhaul do you use though? Is it better than vanilla in every way?

>tfw killed 200 stunties with 1 foot of gork
WURRRRRZAG

SNEAKY STABBIN'

I do VH/N.

Back in the older games battle difficulty affected AI but for quite awhile it's been just stats.

I sent my jav cav to go harass his mostly cav army, and initially had my forces facing his small army, but then the reinforcements started coming in from behind me so I re-arranged my forces to face the much larger reinforcing group. By the time his first army's cav reached my initial position I used my noble alani cav to beat them in melee, while my grey hairs focus fired on his crossbow cav. My jav cav also caught and killed some of his medium bow cav and killed his general via skirmish. The enemy's reinforcing cav was caught by my other alani nobles that I hadn't committed, and even though they were outnumbered, I was able to support with my lancers and infantry. Eventually his infantry got into the engagement, but it was all shit tier spears so my inf mopped them up while my large onager lobbed explosive shots into their ranged cav which was blobbed up. Eventually they took enough losses to start routing and that was that. The battle was on one of the maps that is half naval/half land as one of their armies was embarked in the city port nearby, but most of those units were cav and just came in with the other reinforcements

>double garrisons
>corruption reduction
>fetility +1

pathetic

I do the same (VH/N), this is the user whose post you replied.

I used better recruitment mod, battle mod overhaul (by kam - some numbers), and SFO overhaul mod, so that might be overkill, but I think my battle seems to be quite engaging so far and I have not seen any AI quirks...

>VH/N
best campaign experience unless you are a shitter, which is ok

>battle mod/SFO
I dont think you need both, SFO includes the other IIRC

What did you do to win?

My waywatcher ran out of ammo before he could kill them.

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

>tfw want to play Grimgor because he's da one true git
>But fucking Wurrzag man

you guys are playing on different unit sizes

anyone with a white dwarf key? games workshop denmark didnt have any

>games workshop denmark

Really?

The Warhammer shop in Copenhagen?

I got mine there.

Do archers become better on ultra size?

De havde ingen, kom hele vejen fra Åbenrå

Yes. Because i hate this fucking game and i despise de lore and i despise chaos and nomad tribes. I hate chads and they think they are tough shit

Shiiiiet

Så igen, det gir god nok mening, den bunke de havde da jeg var dig kan næppe have varet de 2 måneder der er gået siden da.

Jeg tog 3

idk, but you are adding a different variable into the test which might be why you got different results

Er der ikke stadig en i Odense?

Nej, ikke en officiel Games Workshop

Dragons Lair i Odense sælger Warhams, men kun officielle GW butiker har koderne.

Nej det er dragons lair

Is there any alternative to Darthmod and IS?

Darthmod is an autistic mess and IS has buggy, unfinished AI

Schleichts euch zurück nach Malmö und lassts euch von ein paar Negern kulturell bereichern

>grand campaign as beastmen
>super cheap shitters infantry with shields
>cheap shitters infantry with shields
>slightly improved infantry with shields for 40% additional upkeep

Jesus fucking christ are any of their units other than Minotaurs actually worth it; I don't have any idea on how to build an army with these guys

Shut up, Merkel

Sorry my good Kraut, I'm afraid I've forgotten all the German I learned in grade-school

I think you might have mistaken us for Swedes, not that a German should be talking down to anyone about being culturally enriched.

the irony of this post

>don't attack any other nations as England, only go after rebels
>scots are fucking with me with an army right next to york
>think 'fuck it' and lay siege to scotland
>in good favor with the pope and only nation that went on a crusade for him
>instant warning of excommunication
>decide to go along with it and pull back army
>scot precedes to go rape ireland and lay siege to York
>pope is totally fine with scotland raping my people
>if I win initiate a single battle he will excommunicate me from christendom
>meanwhile france, spain, and HRE are in an alliance with some bastard islamic country and the pope is fucking fine with all of it

Is this fucking moron trying to fuck up Europe? Seriously is this Pope Francis's ancestor?

Swarm tactics with fast infantry that needs support from killier things. Not every faction is about just going down the pipe with steel hard infantry, except late game where every faction does that.

So are death stars still a thing?

Empire and wood elves get lore of life now, so could a treeman or steam tank death star be a legit meme strategy?

Radious :^)

>giving a shit about the pope

Tongue Tongue Tongue