The 2018 Lexus LS is here!

It's back, boys.

Straight up to engine specs :
LS500 (shown in the pic)
>twin-turbocharged, direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6
>415 horsepower
>442 lb-ft of torque
That's close to V8 levels of power because it's main competitors such as the Mercedes's S550 puts out 449hp and BMW's 750i puts out 445hp.

>Aisin-supplied 10-speed automatic transmission
>RWD as standard and AWD as optional
>Lexus claims a 0-60 timing of 4.5 seconds (RWD)

As of now Lexus has not released any details regarding a V8 powertrain , F-Sport Trim and a hybrid-powertrain.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/news/2018-lexus-ls-and-ls500-photos-and-info-news
netcarshow.com/lexus/2018-ls_500/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>U WAN 2 PRAY GAEM?!

The interior is completely re-designed from the ground up.

>12.3-inch central display screen is controlled by a new version of Lexus’s remote touch interface, with a new, supposedly more smartphone-like operation that should improve on the clunkiness of the current mouse-like pad.

Other interior features include.
>As in the LC, twist knobs to select the drive mode and stability-control setting are mounted on top of the gauge pod, a nod to Lexus’s LFA supercar.

>Lavishly appointed 28-way power front seats with a massage function are an option, and a rear-seat luxury package offers heating, cooling, and massage for passengers there.

>Curiously, Lexus is relatively mum on the LS’s semi-autonomous driving capability, saying only that the LS500 will offer the Lexus Safety System + array of features (adaptive cruise control, lane-departure warning, automated emergency braking, and automatic high-beams) along with an optional Advanced Safety package. The latter will include a new pedestrian-detection system that can brake and steer the car around a pedestrian.

Pics

What do you think about the all new front-end design?

Thoughts on the rear?

Don't like the wheels, they're too flash.

Thoughts on the lights?

>The power-train of the LS500.
-----------------------------
News Source-
>caranddriver.com/news/2018-lexus-ls-and-ls500-photos-and-info-news
>netcarshow.com/lexus/2018-ls_500/

Leave your thoughts.

Is the 3.5L supposed to be a 2GR-FE on steroids or something new entirely?

Front lights are hideous but I dig the rest. Still prefer the original LS400, what a handsome car that was.

interior is pretty nice with the added bonus you can't see the outside of the car

>Leave your thoughts.

in the comments section below and PLEASE don't forget to like and hit the subscribe button!

>10-speed automatic transmission

stopped right there, if its not a manual, There is no point

>expecting a Lexus to have Manuel

lmao what

Thought of saying "Leave your shitposts below."

my sc300 has manual, your point?

Looks glorious

It's stoneage old

it is still a great car with a great engine. especially for the 90s

Oh yeah and, the LS will go on sale by the end of 2017.

If you are getting one, you'll have to wait for like another 10-11 months to get your hands on it.

Current LS Generation has a starting price of 73k. News and other sources rumors the 2018 LS will be priced starting closely to six figures.

>LS500
>not a 5 liter V8
It's shit.

>thinking newer lexuses will ever have a manual

I like the rear
the grille should jump off a bridge--it belongs on sports coupes, not luxury flagship sedans
I appreciate the thin A-pillars
dash looks pretty cool from the center console --> passenger side
The twist knob area looks high in the pictures, maybe not the best for road visibility for manlets like me

what's the weird light next to the screen is it just decorative?

And that is why i love Toyota - they can create both affordable, easy to maintain cars and high quality Benz-killers like Lexus.

It makes total sense.

This is car where you are the passenger, in that position who cares about the engine sound?

If you want the extraordinarily 5L V8 sound you buy the LC500 not a limousine.

>As of now Lexus has not released any details regarding a V8 powertrain , F-Sport Trim and a hybrid-powertrain.
Just the V8, please.

are the mirrors rolled down by that handle?

>This is car where you are the passenger
I don't think so... I don't think this is that car yet. That type of car is still RR or Merc/Maybach in my head at least.. This is just my opinion because I see a lot of LS460s with people driving themselves or their family around.

Now THAT is luxury.

i cant find the subscribe button

It needs to smile

pigfat, my 2015 corolla is better

Just when I thought Lexus reached maximum angry design this shit comes out.

I am going to be in the market for a new luxury cruiser in 2 years time, and I was really hoping for something to compete with the S-Class, but I'm being let down left and right.

> 7 Series, same design language since 1993
> Hyundai G90, looks like cheap plastic
> Lexus LS, literally GS350 stretched out

I'm literally left to decide between the S-Class or the Jaguar XJ

:(

I was honestly looking forward to the next generation of the Lexus LS and this just looks... non-luxurious by any standpoint. I mean sure, it captures the Lexus essence and you KNOW its a goddamn Lexus from a far because it looks... like a Lexus (you know what I mean).

If you ask me if I would buy the new LS over the S class, I would have to decline. Because if I were to drop 80+ grand on a car, I would defintely have the money to CHANGE the vehicle whenever a new facelift or gen comes out. So reliability is something I could careless. Thus, I would get the Mercedes.

But if you were getting it for years upon years, obviously go for the Lexus... but I doubt you would because when you are that rich, you would love to spend more on a better car.

Get xjr for dat v8

>V6

Even the LS bought into the V6 meme.

>LS 500 finally comes out

Good, now my dream car (pearl white LS 460L) is going to drop in price a bunch.

Why did cars get so ugly lately? It's like a bunch of designers watched Predator and thought that that thing's face would make a good looking car.

kek. Even the Z30 stopped having a manual during the last few years of its production.

When was the last time a manufacturer put a manuel in a luxobarge?

looks liek shit like all lexus'

i second this

Can't wait to drive in in 20 years when we can trade in our civics and miatas for one.

>that rear visibility

dat braun shaver grill

I literally just came in here to post this!!

Automatics are better than manuelas right now. Get off your nostalgic chair and accept this you faggot.

>those knobs above the speedo light shield
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

these threads have been made since the beginning, faggot

kill yourself

>those door handles
why does everything in or on this car look like the sort of shit you'd find in a bdsm afficionado's closet?

lel

fuck off shill you're a laughing stock

They look like the ones you find in classic cars.

What are you talking about?

>lexus is now using arbitrary numbers instead of ones that designate displacement
im killing my self fampai, its been nice knowing you all

You still have the LC500 with the naturally aspirated 5 liter V8. It is basically a coupe LS.

>He's stuck in the 90's

i would guess that it is Toyota's "new" 3.5L V6 with direct injection.

i only say "new" because it is probably the same fucking 3.5L V6 that they've been using in Lexus's and Toyota's forever, but with direct injection.

The exterior design just screams new money
No way in hell any boomer is going for this shit
I like it, but I know they won't

This is such a boring bar of soap.

Lexus is like Goldilocks when it comes to design.

It's either too boring or too edgy, and the LC is just right.