/acg/ - Armored Core General: Best Boy Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Don't

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Fail

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Raven....

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Re6P7WP2N5w
youtube.com/watch?v=YxHcwvG-uT4
youtube.com/watch?v=FdHfv7xa758
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not Sieg
Surely you're a feddie.

I actually did box runs yesterday.

Goddamn hard mode AC4 is so much more interesting than easy mode. It's harder to just cheese the game with grenade launchers.

After a while, you'll realize that half of the missions are
>normal mode, but now there's a NEXT

Kinda wish they had some variety.

Why are BJ and Nineball fighting at Avalon Dam?

Because it's kool.

The future is now.
youtube.com/watch?v=Re6P7WP2N5w

It reminds me of the suits that appear on Avatar

is one of the biggest sins of the franchise.

bump

My dick

What is this feeling I have in my pants?

Shoot, I don't care if they never have military application. These would be badass construction tools. Just give them time to work out the kinks.

Bump.

Bump.

Got his AP to 1k but run out of ammo and had no blades due to my heavy ass energy protection+RJ and the Karasawa Mk2. I'm so fucking close to kill this bastard, but his moves are godly.

>Rank 58
What's so tough about this guy? I haven't gotten around to the PS2 games yet. Is he like the wakeup call boss of the arena or something?

Armored Cores 2, 3 and Silent Line did this weird thing where upon beating the main storyline there would be extra opponents in the arena to defeat. I do believe they get harder as they go down. So, the last ranked is supposed to be the hardest.

That's pretty neat. I wish the later games had more postgame content like that.

You should see the cheating asshole in AC3, who uses broken weapons, and circle strafes, and has a high speed hover.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Should I but V for PS3? Online still active outside of Japan?

>Should I but V for PS3
If you mean opposed to the 360, then yes. PS3 is more active.

Game is still pretty dead overall if you don't network, but that's what /acg/ is for.

Also make sure you get Verdict Day, not V. V's server got shut down, but Verdict Day (the sequel) is still up.

Play online with Verdict Day. V is completely dead and has no servers active anymore except for peer-to-peer free battle.

If you want to play V for the single player, it's fine. It's not very good, and you would be better just watching the story mission gameplay videos (including cutscenes) than spending the money, so that's up to you. I assume since you haven't played it yet, you're probably not so strong of a fan that you -need- it.

They replaced that with hard/hardcore mode in 4/FA/VD.

V had the (excellent) multiplayer bosses, though they were almost impossible to attempt offline.

They're literally impossible to attempt offline.
Well, really, it's more accurate to say they're literally impossible to attempt because they're gone forever thanks to the servers shutting down.
The stealth is what really pushes him over the top.
Miss less.

Only if there was a real interest on seeing shit like robo fights or someone actually proving they could be used on something aside than just looking cool.

Something like that could be really practical for automating warehouse duties that are currently done by hand, and other general automation machines. Most robots are highly specialized but something like this could be used in many industries for cheaper, thanks to economies of scale.

Who's the cute girl on the left?

How much of a heretic am I too ask that this franchise starts taking over on PC?

>>dark souls resonated well with us, the online community would be easy to grab, map-making and matchmaking is easier to implement.
+PvE and PvP modes would be glorious.
+Customization would allow for unique skins and emblems.

Tell me what I'm missing?

all they need is to increase the power of the hydraulics, and increase the balance and stabilization of the legs. I hold that making it a quadruped would do that far better, while giving it mobility above just giving it tank legs.

Since is paired with White Glint, she has to be Fiona, your operator on AC4

That's fine with me, next2next combat is all I wanted

Controls. I think that's the issue. They had problems when porting dark souls 1 for PC, and considering how complex Armored Core movements they really need some time for that.

Just got AC4 and For Answer, does anyone still play the multiplayer to these from time to time?

Also why do all of the parts you get at the beginning of the game look so damn ugly? Some of the ones in the loading screens look great.

I hope you arent talking about the Aaliyah

That's the only remotely decent one so far
The white one from For Answer's opening is better tho

Fourth gen aesthetics are just kind of like that.
Anyway, nobody plays 4 online. FA happens, but it's still pretty rare.

Physical release with bundled twinstick controller and Steel Battalion compatibility.

bump

I still play SNFA when i'm in the mood but i'm usually the one that has to take the initiative and schedule the event in the thread ahead of time. So, if you're ever in the mood then just ask me in the thread to play.

I won't go easy on you though.

Is ACV worth dropping 30 on if I liked the single player content in VD?

Just flash a big pop up saying "buy a controller faggot" on the start screen.

Cool I'll pick V day then, maybe I'll post my id here or give me yours if you play on PS3

I'm sorry, but I'd have to say no. I wish ACV was a little cheaper, as it doesn't feel as worth it without the online superbosses.

At that price? Hell no. Try looking for a cheaper copy because while some of the mission levels are cool (the city ones specifically), it's not worth 30 bucks.

I should mention that 30 dollars in my country is actually 21 burgerbux.

What went wrong with it?

Bump.

It was too experimental for its time, has frame rate issues, doesn't really have stellar optional missions, contains a weird part balance where some weapons aren't that viable, has no online except for online multiplayer, and to really top it off I don't think you can even download patches anymore.

It has some of the coolest villains though, and the main singleplayer missions are pretty rad. But other than that, ehhhhhhh.

Only if you have played all the PS2 titles first and really just need more AC content. The difference between ACV and ACVD is so great that you're better off buying or emulating an older game to get the same feeling than paying full price.

ACV's single player isn't bad, but it's not nearly as good as VD. The cutscenes are great though, so watch those on youtube or something.

Two questions for FA:

1. If I am using an energy weapon-arm, does the "energy weapon skill" value have any effect on that arm's damage?

2. Does the "turning ability" value have any affect in the air, or is it just for when your legs are touching the ground?

Worst company since Technocrat.

>1. If I am using an energy weapon-arm, does the "energy weapon skill" value have any effect on that arm's damage?

Yes it does.

>2. Does the "turning ability" value have any affect in the air, or is it just for when your legs are touching the ground?

Turning ability does affect you in the air. Although it's not really worth investing your tuning points into it.

Thank you. Why isn't turning worth investing in?

Because quick-turning exists.

1. Yes. 120 = 120% damage. 80 = 80% damage for all energy weapons.

2. Yes. It will also affect the speed of your quick-turn when boosting. It's worth investing points if you're playing on the extreme edges of your turning capability (like trying to do 180 degree quick turns for jousting) but otherwise not that useful.

Also, you can use stabilizers to speed up your turning in one direction. If you are heavily left-loaded, you will turn faster to the left, I think. It might be the opposite, but +10 in either direction does change your balance of turning speed.

A classic. They literally don't make em like that anymore.

Which is the best ps2 gundam game.

Are you still stuck super low to the ground in Verdict Day?
I hated how in 5 you couldn't fly high and zoom around like in 4A

>Are you still stuck super low to the ground in Verdict Day?
Only if you suck and don't git gud at the movement mechanics. VD honestly feels faster than FA in a lot of cases once you master it all.

VD is faster than FA because it is at much closer range.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxHcwvG-uT4

So its still super low to the ground then?

Watch the video and judge for yourself. VD and V is higher in the air than every AC game except for 4/FA.

If you want to play 4/FA style, you should play Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit, Project Nimbus, Zone of the Enders, Another Century's Episode, or any of the many of the Gundam titles out there.

Verdict Day is probably one of the best AC games, and definitely the best one on the PS3 generation.

>Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit
Vanguard Overboost Simulator was actually pretty good if you're into From's typical low budget bargain bin games and know what to expect. I need to replay it eventually.

Bump

EMERGENCY BUMP.

Bump.

But you could do that in every single V map except Abandoned Facility.
I hear more about Federation vs. Zeon than any other Gundam game period, so I'm guessing that one.
Servers are shut down and the single player isn't worth that much.
Oh hey would you look at that.
youtube.com/watch?v=FdHfv7xa758

who is the semen demon?

V's single player isn't that bad. I appreciate it for what it was trying to do, there's definitely more of a dark souls / demon souls influence with the story missions being like full levels to explore with items and enemies to discover. Unfortunately the missions were so linear and poorly designed that it was more of an annoyance to try and complete subquests than a fun atmosphere to explore.

The cutscenes and voice acting is also hilariously good. Chief is fantastic. But you can get that from youtube, without needing to buy the game and suffer the bad missions to reach it.

Best boy evangel.

bump.

>when you go to pick up your new computer, but they botch the delivery and you have to wait another week

THANKS Best Buy.

Algebra's design team are really good at their jobs.

Bump

I wish for a third game on FA time just to see the new models of each corp.

Algebra Nexts look so cool in concept art. Too bad they look so weird and ugly ingame.

Also, Amazigh did literally nothing wrong.

Amazigh was one of the few good people, is a shame Anatolia's merc had to kill him