/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Seductive Chalice Dickings Edition

Already Dead: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

MARRY, LOVE AND HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL!

Even the doll, should it please you.

HERETIC

I've got 50 Bloodtinge and a +9 Chikage/Evelyn, and it just feels a bit - underwhelming?

I've got 2 +20% Physical Attack Gems and a +18% Bloodtinge up gem in the Chikage so the gems aren't exactly trash, and idk, it just feels like not that much damage. Or rather, single strikes do a nice bit of damage but the weapon seems to synergise poorly with Beast Blood Pellets and my boss damage feels low

I was gonna make this a 50/50 Skill/BLT build for Bowblade but i honestly feel like just capping it and getting 50 Vit and 20 End and calling it a day

My cat sends his greetings, /bbg/.

I have no idea what killed me Amyanon, I thing two of those arms must have hit me in the slam

Post Dolls.

Gotta get those 31.5% bloodtinge autistic gems boi. I'm hitting for 800 dog per swing and 1400+ for my ground frenzy smash

He's got that sneaky Patches side-glare

PURGE BEASTS
Cute cat, user

It's fine I got him

Thanks again for the help.

BB pellets don't improve Blood damage, so it's useless for the tricked mode. Untricked is ass so don't bother using it. 50 Skill for Bowblade untricked is okay, great for Pure Skill weapons like BoM and Rakuyo. Tricked Chikage should be the only mode you use, and with 50 Blt + decent gems it'll hurt good. 31.5% Korean OoS for max damage. If you get 50 Skill, you'll probably want 27.2% Phys to use untricked lightly.

Glad I could help, user

I've heard about the out of slot gems but i've heard how stupid they are to grind. If i cant be arsed getting those, whats the next best thing? The best tempering gems?

Can anyone help me against Laurence ? Too much of a comfy day to git gud, Hunter's Nightmare, in front of the boss door, pass: rawr, thanks !

It took me about 30 hours of grinding to get 3 perfect ones. It's not for everyone.

GG max

27 27 31 is the next best thing if you don't want to korean grind.

Still hits like crazy.

I am coming, user, let me open up the Nightmare and run to the fog

Sure ! Thanks my man

And I thought Yharnam was supposed to be hard. Killed her on the first try, phew.
I can't wait to do all the chalice dungeons all over again on the second char. So exciting! This time in co-op.

Not picking you up, user, you set to worldwide and all?

Yes, worldwide, pass: rawr, lvl 100, hunters nightmare in front of the boss door (laurence)

Been using the Saif a lot, wanting to try a new SKL weapon. Rakuyo or Churck Pick?

Pick for everything, Rakuyo for ez PvP.

Let me reset my console, PS+ did just renew and all

I can help if you'd like user. In front of Laurence now.

Oh ok, I'll wait for you

Yes please ! And we'll wait for the other user to arrive

I'm ringing right where valtr usually is pass: rawr

Should I start a second playthrough right after the first one, or should I play Gravity Rush next to avoid getting burned out on BB?

Where did you heard that stupid shit?

Okay, back and re-ringing!

Is there even remotely enough online activity left to warrant chalice grind for optimal gems?

>where valtr usually is
are you sure you mean Laurence and not Ludwig?

Well, she's the secret optional boss, and those are supposed to be challenging. Of course, Bloodborne isn't a JRPG, so I guess I doesn't necessarily apply here.

Im in front of what it comes to be the "Cathedral" of hunters nightmare, not in front of Ludwig I think

There was last month before the sales and increased /bbg/ activity, so I can only imagine yes.

Yeah I'm in the Grand Cathedral in the nightmare. Valtr can be summoned here.

Yes, the online is active.

I've been ringing my sinister bell this entire playthrough and a lot of people have invaded.

Ok, I just summoned one person, we'll wait for you

I'm not the guy you've been asking to hunt with you. I just saw your request and ringed in.

>beat logarius really easy
>can't for the life of me beat the undead giant in lower pthumeru

how do I tie a noose again

>chikage
>decent gems
>tear through all the yahargul unzipping my edgeblade at every oppertunity
>feels good
>tfw

Yeah, there's always invasions in Mergo's and Frontier. Every Saturday we have fight clubs, most of us have FRC gems. SRRC co-op is always active, I usually get summoned in less than 30 seconds.

Dodge to 1-3 o' clock. Don't be greedy.

most people cant do lower pth giant solo dont feel bad

The one with the chains and balls?
That's probably the boss I died to the most.

Dunno why the servers sometimes shit the bed like this. I've got worldwide on and pass.

Still waiting in the Cathedral, no idea what's going on.

Give it a minute and go on with out me, not fair to the other user that got summoned to wait around.

Ok I'll stay here ringing anyways

Sall good bruv. Where do you want me to ring again?

I'm ringing to get summoned as co-op my man, by

I just got kicked out because you're a vileblood............ God damn it

Fucking Vilebloods, man.

Anyone want to fight the Loran Darkbeast for funsies?
Pass is shock

Sorry ! Don't worry about me don't want to make everyone loose time neither, maybe it's just some server thing, we can try later !

Alright man. Wasn't even thinking about what oath rune I had on

Sure I'll SRRC there in a moment.

sure, ringing

>Gehrman is the only person allowed to have a trick firearm

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS

Maria has one too

So does Gascoigne

I don't think I'm gonna get summoned in, user, really sorry about this, it's really weird

Accidents happen I guess.
Ringing again for Loran, pass is still shock

Currently playing Bloodborne with a fightstick. This is way harder when I can't lock on or use the camera and move at the same time, but it's doable.

This is going to be a challenge run I will do.

fightstick?

And all the Old Hunters in the nightmare

doesn't gas dad use a blunderbuss?

Poor skinny bob rip

Controller you play fighting games with, 6 buttons and a single stick.

In short, that user is a madman.

Thank you very much to both anons that waited yo get summoned and sorry for the trouble ( RIP Skinny B), the reign of terror of lawrence is over

I don't want to spoil myself on whatever his questline might be but i think i found Simon in the dlc

is there anyway i can fuck up and NOT get his weapon?

>Trick firearm
Don't Gehrman and Gascoigne just use a unique Blunderbuss and Maria uses a unique pistol?
Whats the trick part

I waited so long to connect and then died pretty much instantly ;-;

No problemo dude. Glad we got that flaming cunt in the end.

Arcade stick, whatever. For fighting games. Joystick and eight buttons. Gotta flick a switch if I want to reorient the camera or cycle through my hotbar.

Gg y'all. A sporting hunt, it was.

I think Maria just uses a regular Evelyn, nothing special about it.

If you want to help me kill Darkbeast in my world it'd be appreciated. same pass

No.

sure my dude, on my way

;_; that sacrifice will not be forgotten, to repay my debt with society I'll be helping just ask

Want to fight orphan with me? At fog with pass sbob

Nevermind I'm stupid and I forgot I already killed Orphan on this dude. I'll be ringing at Laurence with pass sbob

>invade world
>the beckoner has begun the final battle

Ok Ill be there in 5!

Can I come, too? Never got summoned last time AND I WANNA FIGHT

Ringing

>adversary dodging around with BoM and hunter bone
>spam bowblade
>rip

sure

Ggs friendo

yeyeye

I wanna join too fgts

Thanks for the help my dude

anyone up for a new FRC ihyll?
pass is frcrun
glyph b8tgy5dp

ringing at layer 1 lantern

Ringing "sbob" at cathedral ( H nightmare ) with knight attire

Yes brt

Sounds fun, I'll be in there.

What? No she just has an Evelyn doesn't she?
I don't remember this, I just remember shotguns and piercings rifles
Gehrman can shoot slugs from his blunderbuss