Would you buy a car with a rebuilt title?

Would you buy a car with a rebuilt title?

I'm looking at a car (350z) I really want right now, and the dealers have pictures of before and after the restoration and from when the car was hit. None of the frame got damaged and the repair/restoration was done by the cars manufacturers dealer.

Have any of you boughto a car wother a rebuilt title? Any good/bad experiences?

Rebuilt titles are usually fine on paper but the reality is that it will severely harm the re-sale value. The only reason to buy a rebuilt is if you're getting a huge (and I mean huge) discount on it because you will never be able to re-sell that fucking thing again. Used dealerships wont want it, most private buyers wont want it, and the few that do, will demand a huge discount. It's typically a bad idea.

What year 350z? Like a rebuilt 2006 with 80k miles is honestly worth around $4k, so use that as your barometer

Nah don't buy it, just spend the extra few thousand and get a clean title. Got my 07 with 69k for 13k.

I think the important question is: Why did you save the thumbnail, you fucking cunt?

Frame?

If they have proper documentation, pictures, warranty on work etc, and doesn't have any glaring issue on the test drive then yea. Otherwise no. Every rebuilt title car on Craigslist assures you it was just a cracked bumper and nothing more.

Also make sure your insurance will cover a rebuilt car.

done in one

/thread

2007 350z with 26,000 miles on it. Original miles.

Yeah, unfortunately I live in a place where they dont appear very often. The only ones I can find are roadsters and I don't want a convertible.

I've been looking forever now and I finally found one that is low miles, cherry red, manual and not that far (it's in a state over) from me. Like, I know it sounds childish but I want what I want and I won't settle. It's gonna be a toy for me and I want to enjoy my toy.

this is the biggest factor. I would aboslutely not buy a perfromance car with a rebuilt title. Econobox commuter instrument, sure.

its usually a red flag. USUALLY.

But it all depends what exactly you're trying to do with it. daily drive. Drift. Race car. Show.

And also make sure the damage wasnt totally destroyed. I crashed my Z, fender bender. Rear ended an old man. Aftermarket bumper flew the fuck off to the side, fenders and hood were damaged but nothing unfixable, everything was put back like new, engine intact. Prob will sell it for like 4 or 5K.

But Zs are good cars man, take beatings and good powerful engines. Very seldom do they go totally rogue on you. So unless it was FUBAR get it for cheap, or simply get a clean tittle. U can get a high mileage Z with clean tittle for about 5 or 6K. Anything lower than that I wouldn't even waste my time. Mines cheap because its stupidly low and it looks ridiculous.

>letting some imaginary piece of paper tell you if a car is good or not

Stop being irresponsible. Buy a mint one or dont buy it at all. Or fly somewhere to get a better one and drive it home. 350z is shit in any year though.

Except he'said trying to get more information on buying cars with rebuilt titles? He's actively trying to learn more.

What part of that is irresponsible? What's irresponsible about it at all, even?

Cars like the Bugatti and top level Ferraris (F40,F50,Enzo,La Ferrari) often are sent to be rebuilt by the factory.

With a lesser car I would maybe buy a car with a rebuilt title if it was rebuilt by the dealer like yours. Of course it would have to be under warranty.

>42 mpg
Wut

>2007 350z with 26,000 miles on it. Original miles.

What trim? How bad was the car before the rebuild? How much?

If its a roadster or base trim, it probably ain't worth it. Give them 4,000 and no more if it's a Touring model.

It's not worth it bro, just be patient and get a proper one. Same thing happened to me, there was this really nice black one up in Sacramento that was mad cheap but they hid that it was rebuilt in the ad. Just be patient
Yeah I love my car, if I drive it like a human being it treats me good

I'm probably gonna go for it. I've been looking for a 350z in this color and year for 4 years now, and not a single one has even shown up within 200 miles of where I live. They've either been older, had 180k+ miles, or been convertibles. All deal breakers.

Still seems to have factory warrant tho. Not sure how considering it's title status.

depends

you tards resell cars like mad, so applies

over here i'd tell you to buy it right away because nobody will give a shit since we aren't genetically predetermined for pedantic autism

I mean at the end of the day it's your money, we were just trying to help

this