Toyota TT V6

Okay, so with the release of the new Lexus LS comes an all new twin turbo 3.5 liter V6. The LS will also feature the refreshed 5.0 V8 that goes into the GSF.

I KNOW THE DESIGN IS UNBEARABLY MODERN, get over it.

The real question is why is Toyota playing with a TT V6, and could this mean it's integration into their sports cars such as the IS or GS? Is this possibly the config that will be used in the rumored Supra? Would a more powerful engine make the IS and GS less boring?

Headlights

>Unbearably modern

Yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Not "fugly".

>The real question is why is Toyota playing with a TT V6
It makes total sense for the full size luxury sedan to use the new twin turbo V6.

You get all the power of the V8 while minimizing vibration, noise and fuel consumption.

Also keep in mind that they are using the fantastic sounding 5 Liter V8 in the LC.

The V8 will be a hybrid user (LS600h)

V6 is for fuel economy not sportiness.

First the Ford GT, now this.

When will this V6 meme die???

I will buy one in 8 years

Yay!

Maybe because their german competitors in the full size luxobarge game all have twin turbo options. Hasn't the LS always been aimed at being a more practical full size luxury option?

Forgot to add, Genesis G90 now comes standard with TT V6. Koreans are trying to out-Lexus Lexus these days.

>The real question is why is Toyota playing with a TT V6
There's a new Supra on the way and you're seriously asking why they would bother with a TT 3.5?

>TT Yaris

>V6 vibrating less than a V8
Also, the V8 in the LS sounds muted as fuck.
You can hardly call that 'noise'.

Actually, front end doesn't look that bad. They are fixing the headlights with new generation. But back end look cheap knockoff of hyundai sonata.

The interior is the bright spot.

Looks fucking comfy and modern at the same time. Apparently there's a 24-inch heads up display that nobody has any pictures of yet.

I'd pick an LS over an A8 or 7-Series because I don't care about performance in a barge. I'd pick an LS over a CT6 or G90 because I like knowing my cars reliability will be bulletproof. XJ ruled out for this reason as well.

The S-Class and LS are the only real choices in this segment now.

That heads up display is still a mystery.

Can't wait to see how cool/useful it is.

I've driven both and can say the Audi A8 is a much superior car in every way with the exception being reliability.

That interior looks awful. Especially that electronic dash....having no seperate RPM and speedo is shit.

>The S-Class and LS are the only real choices in this segment now.
They might as well be different classes of cars, if not just opposite ends of the full size luxury spectrum, from practicality/reliability to actual luxury regardless of the price of upkeep. The Mercedes looks and feels like what you're paying for. The LS feels like a cushier GS.

Looks like the living room of a middle class Persian.

Interior is stunning

Would get one over an A8 or 7 Series

Audi interiors looked good a decade ago. Not changing anything shows its age against the new competition.

Also, carbon fibre trim? In a luxury sedan??? What kind of smelly Persian would buy such a thing?

He posted the S8, so it makes a bit more sense for the """"sports"""' version. The regular ones probably have brushed metal or wood or something.

>the air vents hidden in the metal trim

Greatest of all time luxury interior.

>The LS will also feature the refreshed 5.0 V8 that goes into the GSF.
Lexus never told that. It's just a rumor.

Looks more like an interior of boat.

>The real question is why is Toyota playing with a TT V6, and could this mean it's integration into their sports cars such as the IS or GS

Historically, the GS has inherited engine options from the LS usually in about a year after it premieres on the LS as was the case with the 1UZ, 3UZ, and 1UR engines.

holy fuvk i didnt know i wanted this so bad

>When will this V6 meme die???

When they will get replaced by twinturbo inline 4 engines, lmao