Wtf

why do they all want to build cars in burgerland out of a sudden now?

Because by closing plants in Mexico, more Mexicans will jump the border, lowering the workforce price, so it's like a factory in a 3rd world country, but in USA.

They've had the SC factory in the books for a while now. Not sudden at all.

Because the US peso is at a 30 year high, and odds are 20:1 that it will only go down from here as the world economies catch up.

Also: automation >> Mexicans

To dodge import tariffs that Trump will no doubt impose on goods made across the border.

Looks like Trump wasn't all talk when he said he was going to make automakers build cars in America.

inb4
>BRUMPF HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL THIS
>NOTHING

I don't even know how anyone can say that he isn't partially responsible. GMC, Ford, and now Volvo are planning on making production plants in the US. I'm not really a Trump supporter, but getting more jobs in the country is a win win.

Pretty much this
>inb4 liberal college bitch tears

Not tired of winning.

>inb4 makes something not true

>I don't even know how anyone can say that he isn't partially responsible.
It's simple as fuck.
If there's something negative, he's responsible for it.
If something good is happening there's literally NO possibility that it's because of him. It simply isn't possible. Cannot be, won't be just isn't the case. You're just misinformed. T-there are other explanations for it.

Not an argument
N-neither is this

I agree 2bh

Presidents are really just figureheads

CNBC just had an interview with Sergio from FCA. He said "We've had this planned for a long time, but decided to go ahead and announce it now to get ahead of the rumors. America has been very good to us in the past several years, and it's the least we can do for a product that will be primarily used in the American market."

>but decided to go ahead and announce it now
Yeah, totally not because Trump said he was going to implement tariffs. Fuck off Tony.

See everybody, the timing is just a coincidence

NOT
EVEN
IN
OFFICE
YET

nooooo fuck

I'll never buy a made in America car they always fall apart

Why are Lexus and Volvo doing this? Hopefully their F and Polestar lines will be imported

I hate cars built by white trash and niggers

PAY TARIFFS

I'd rather pay tariffs than pay a mechanic Dean Payne

Where are they gonna put it? I would actually love to work for Volvo

Because they know with republicans and trump in control they are going to attack the union wages a drop the pay of factory workers like a rock to compete.

Didn't one of the manufacturers say that exact thing when he claimed it on twitter?

Unions are a crock anyway

Because your work conditions suck. Enjoy your shit wages and "right to work" in the deep south.

What can company doesn't have a plant in America yet?

The economy has never fully recovered but finally something happened in November to make everyone confident everything will be OK.

To bring more jobs from shitty third world countries and cost less on import and export and repair our high unemployment rate

This plant has been in the works since 2014.

Volvo is shifting the S60 manufacturing to South Carolina, S90 to Daqing China and keeping only V90/XC90 production in Sweden.

Also expect the 40 series of Volvo to move production to China, Mexico or Brazil in the new future.