/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

New Friends Edition

Previously /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide -Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what are some good 3ds CIA emulators or apps?

What to do if there's no OTP.bin in my a9lh paste?
I got the glitched screen when i installed arm9loaderhax via browser the step before.
Should i try it again?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

Cartridge.

It should be on the SD card in directory /a9lh/.

Downgrading through safehax bricked my 3ds. Now it's really slow, on 2.1 and no apps launch at all. Cartridge updating won't work, safe mode won't work. Update won't work. Web browser won't work.

I'm pressing select but I don't see any confirmation of the update succeeding.

Should I see any confirmation or is it silent like that?

Wait for sighax or just hack n3ds now?

So I just finished Step 1, but onto Step 2 I get a bit confused. How do I check what version my backup was/is? By backup do they mean the version my 3ds was before restoring NANDmin.bin?

>that ps4 section in the OP

I legitimately flinched when I saw that part almost like i was disappointed. I think I'm happy to see some kind of news rather than just sitting. Fuck it though I was getting tired of waiting and I wanna play online.

So I'm following this guide for the wii U github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial
and when I got to the WUD section homebrew launcher channel just refuses to install, what could be the problem?

There's some great snes emulators which have unplayable slowdown

*fart*

I call bullshit.

What are some good 3DS loli games?

I also did Step 1, I was told to Step 2 and go to Step 3.

Step 2 is for those who were at 3.0-4.5 to begin this whole process.

how come there's no darkest dungeon dump for vita?

Not even kidding. I'm freaking out right now. This was my only 3ds and now I can't even restore the games/dlc that I bought.
I mean this happened last night and I was asking for help here, but I don't think I can fix it.

ah, okay. Thanks!

>bought a "used" new 3DS LL (XL) from yahoo japan
>was only $130, shipping was cheap as fuck too
>been over two months now
>finally got to the post office in my town, but no update on when it will be delivered at all

FUUUUUCK JUST GET HERE ALREADY

Had to resort to importing one because the prices on these are retarded now (used for $200 and shit, brand new is like $300 now).

I'm not even joking, just hit up Amazon and see how fucking dumb the prices are right now.

just means that if your system was on those versions, before you started the hacking, to follow those steps

highly unlikely that you were so just ignore it

Jail

>Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

*told to skip step 2

i paid $300 for mine

Are you sure you can't enter your /luma/payload/ payloads by pressing the respective button while booting? Like start_decrypt9.bin by pressing start?

Stella Glow
FE Fates
Pokemon SM

Last step I did was the downgrade to 2.1
I don't think I even have my OTP yet.

can someone make a picture collage of all the recent bricks from retards that dont read the guide?

You could have just gotten a Japanese one for $150, they are selling them there for pretty cheap. With cfw it doesn't matter what region the 3ds is anyway, so I figured I might as well get it.

I don't know why the prices everywhere are so inflated for the new 3ds XL, it's just ridiculous.

I have a DSTT with ysmenu on it. How do I get Moonshell or whatever onto it? I want to play music with the thing, 3DS Sound isn't an option because the main 3ds sd is fucking loaded with games.

check that your wifi is turned on and just keep trying to update via browser. if by some miracle you have enough atoms in your brain to rub together to pull this off you're still not even close to done. enjoy.

download moonshell
put it on the sd card

Safehax keeps booting to a black screen. Does an R4 card count?

>Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

Alas, im truly free.
Update, sweet release

Can I just format my SD through the options menu, or is it better to use some program for that?

So my hacked n3ds has a teeny sd card
Can I just copy and paste the contents onto a new not 4gb card without a lot of hassle?

Reminder to remove sissy anime boys from /hbg/.

it's not, should i worry?

Delete some of the games, you fucking autist

and if for some reason your wifi is off and you can't turn it on because you're on new 3ds or 2ds then just pull out the battery for one minute and reinsert it afterwards. wifi should be turned on then.

Alright, I decided to hack my n3DSXL, it's on 11.1.0-34U, I'm using 3ds.guide

I used soundhax just as the guide said, booted homebrew once, then I had to exit to shut the system off to take out the sdcard.

Now I put the decrypt9 stuff in the sdcard and tried to open the homebrew but it froze and just showed a red screen on the botton and a black screen on top.

What the hell happened?

any cart

yes

Which I did with the files included through decrypt9.
Wifi's definitely turned on. O3ds, too.
Kept trying but considering my whole system's going at like 5fps for whatever reason.

Yo.
Following gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/ , up to step 26 where i've stopped.
It's saying the injection was successful but when I actually launch up health & safety nothing happens. Am I going to die?

3DS can't format SD cards.

Use this
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Try if pressing select while pressing power button to turn it on leads you to some luma settings menu. If not you don't have a9lh installed yet. try the a9lh installer again if so.

they're not that bad, especially with the conversion rates being pretty good right now. amazon.co.jp ships these internationally and it'd probably come in less than a week.
i hope you get your 3ds soon, user.

you probably downloaded the wrong 2.1 firmware image

Yeaaah.. Tried the battery thing with no luck, even though I'm using an o3ds.
My SD card was definitely fine, too.
Tried booting holding both start and select and I'm just brought back to a softlocked home menu.

>yfw finding out the majority of Veeky Forums is illiterate

So I just got to the last page of 3ds.guide

Few Questions;

>What do I have to do now to grab free 3DS games?
>I bought AA6 legit before doing this, can I get the DLC for free?
>I heard you can stream with a hacked N3DS, is there a guide for this?

C'mon, someone must have updated their a9hl and know the answer to

By nothing happens I mean that its just the normal health and safety app.

post pics, is it hanging?

1. freeshop
2. freeshop
3. NTR CFW

>>What do I have to do now to grab free 3DS games?
Just install the latest version of FBI and use 3ds.titlekeys.com/
>I bought AA6 legit before doing this, can I get the DLC for free?
dunno, just download the dlc and try out. Should work.
>I heard you can stream with a hacked N3DS, is there a guide for this?
no idea

The shipping prices for amazon.co.jp are pretty bad, though. I rarely buy things from there for that reason when it comes to importing. I use yahoo japan auctions whenever possible because you can find pretty good deals there, it's just that the sellers always use the slowest shipping possible to lower the costs for them. I don't really mind waiting that much, but I bought so close to Christmas so that delayed things by an extra month.

Thanks, how do I grab the freeshop? I have the QR code for it from a thread earlier.

I opened the Health and Safety and didn't got the FBI. Went on the troubleshooting and on the USA folder there's only the lowercase extensions (.tmp .app) instead of the lower and uppercase ones.

What do?

soundhax is legit, right? just saw a post about it on /v/

hold on let me read the freeshop guide in OP

I have delicious cfw now
Questions:
1. Can freeshop gained games trade with hardcopies?
2. Can freeshop gained pokemon be uploaded to bank?

yes
yes

why wouldn't it

If you live in the United States it's really not bad at all. I don't know about other countries, but like you said it doesn't beat individual sellers. It does beat sites like amiami though.

When running safehax, it keeps stopping midway through. For example, right now it's stuck at "beginning attempt 0x3600"

freeshop installs legit games so everything works the same as when you purchase

Absolutely not, doing anything like that will cause your 3DS to start leaking mustard gas.

Don't listen to those other fags, they are trying to get you killed.

A few months ago I saw someone in this thread posted a MEGA full of NSFW custom themes. Anyone got it?

can you make it yourself? cheers, look forward to seeing it

When they say you need at least a 64gb card to hack the black (32gb) wii u, does that mean that the nand backup is 32gb?
Why does it need to be so big?

more like all the retards who ignored warnings and updated and just popped up again now to flood the thread

I hope Vita never gets anything past 3.6

nevermind just read the op

ive had a DSTT since the orignal DS days and i never heard of moonshell or at least i dont remember. all it does is play music?

i have literally no artistic talent what so ever.
i cant even draw a straight line with the eye trick.
its that bad.

What are some good 3ds games for me to pass time?

Anything with waifus?

it's for rednand
you don't need rednand
get Haxchi on sysnand and use Brazilian method

It doesn't seem to hang, it just doesn't do anything.
I boot the console holding the down dpad, luma3ds configuration opens, I press select, nothing happens.

>Hentai/Naked shit on a fucking 3ds
Dude just open some shit fap and think about what you're doing once you're done.

2 genders.

Senran Kagura
beware its slooooow

>vita tv arriving in a week
I really hope it's true that it ships with proper firmware for piracy.

NSFW themes may seem cool but think about it before you end up either thinking later or making an ass of yourself

I already have Homebrew installed when Browserhax was available for 11.0, but downgrading/installing a CFW wasn't possible. So now my device is on 11.2 and I want to install A9LH with the current guide. What do I do now?

Tried to install NTR, seemed to go through fine but then it kicked back to the homescreen and told me to restart

Is it worth it to trade in my o3ds for a n3ds right now and do this shit for a potentially minuscule performance increase? I'm not in any financial issue, but my o3ds is also in perfectly working, good condition.

GAP
THE GAP
MUH DONG

>crush it

Any help? Also at this point I think I have the a9lh and luma just right. That means that I can update my system without any problem, right?

Can I make .cia files from the games I've downloaded with Freeshop?

Cool, thanks

Do we have an ETA on sighax?

Slow in a gameplay sense, or slow in that this shit will be laggy as fuck since it's running from an SD card?

Fuck I think I fucked something up. Accidentally forgot to delete (32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".

Okay ,so after I tried to do this step
>26. Press UP while booting your console and choose "SysNAND Options", "Miscellaneous", "Health&Safety Inject". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A and START to reboot into Home Menu.

It failed,the file wasnt there so i restarted my 3ds but now nothing is showing up on the screens, the blue light still turns on though, what do i do?

Sure, but without FBI installed it'll be a hacked console with which you can do nothing that you would normally do with a properly hacked console.

yes. with decrypt9. you can dump isntalled titles just look up the title id before hand because thats what it sorts after.

sorta?
i mean, freeshop downloads and installs but from install to .cia? seems rather complicated and redundant