305CID V8

>305CID V8
>145 HP
>American """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""performance"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5889747302.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5934157958.html
roadtests.tripod.com/
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=T05xkmioBko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"Bu-bu-bu-but it isn't built for performance..."

you sound jelly that you wont ever be getting a ws6 for under 10k

i bet you cant get a v8 at all

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5889747302.html

>do heads and make it 250hp

Spend 1.3k and a weekend and drop a 400hp 350 in it and stop bitching

Everyone knows the 80s was the age of gutless cars

>250 bhp

Well, it's a start, I suppose

>he thinks he can buy a performance 350 for $1300
>he thinks an engine swap takes a weekend

>buy

And once again Veeky Forums proves they can't fucking wrench

Why the flying fuck would you buy a performance 350 instead of building exactly the engine you want

>bitching about a tiny bore, long stoke engine designed for emissions and also strangled by emissions regulations

V12
300bhp
50 million

Italian............performance................

or you could go to LITERALLY ANY CREDIT UNION
and get a SIGNITURE LOAN for 10k and get a done one and stop fucking around in oil and grease like a hick

>slower than a civic

>stop fucking around in oil and grease like a hick
Why are you even here

>Conveniently forgetting that was made in the 1950's, therefore old as your granddad's scrotum and powered by old technology.
>Conveniently forgetting that they only made 16 of the damn things, therefore the less of the cars can push the valve of the car up.

Details, man. They are important.

That is a very cool looking fucking car imo. has anyone tried a oldsmobile quad4 swap or the atlas engine?

*1960's. Even "scrotum powered" V8's were putting out more power at the time. Nice engineering Luigi.

Most people just go with a bigger displacement SBC since it just bolts right up

I'm looking into doing the same to a 4th gen just because it's cheaper and easier to find one that doesn't look like hammered shit

>bumper paint fucked
>big ass dent
>torn seats
>10k

Top laff

yeah no

not many American V8s made over 300hp

that GTO would kill pretty much every muscle car short of a factory drag car

I know it's a hard concept to wrap your mind around, but loans don't simply make money appear in your pockets. You have to pay them back.

>quoting pre-SAE horsepower numbers with a straight face

Some dude wants to sell me an 86 TA with a 383 in it for 2500.

Says "all it needs is the driveshaft hooked up, dizzy, torsion bars." Haven't seen the interior.

Already have a happy driving car with an 85 Supra with mint interior, but my white trash instincts are calling me to this shitty TA.

Yea or nay? He seems like an "i know what I got" type so he may or may not budge on his incomplete vehicle.

Seems a bit much for car that doesn't run.

Right? Ffs. I'd do 1200 and feel like I'm getting ripped off. Add to that, "I haven't started the motor since rebuilt."

God damn it would be sweet to tool around in though. And I could finally put to bed all the "rice burner" comments on my supra.

Right now I always get these "well my friends friend BUILDS MUSTANGS THAT GO SO FAST" comments, I predict those will increase 10 fold driving a trans am.

>cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5889747302.html
a shitty old v-8 to not so shitty old v-8 could be done in a weekend if your good and have adequate workspace. This assumes that you are killing all smog bs and its carbed. You would need to build the engine up before hand though.. so probably a weekend for the engine build and a weekend for the swap.

The drama with a TA isn't the engine, it's the chassis that's made out of wet noodles. I built a blown 355 in my '84 and spent a great deal of money on the engine and drivetrain only to be let down again and again with the chassis. Going tube fixes the issue but that was more money on top of money already spent on stiffening the chassis.

And the electrics. My god, very poor. Not as big of an issue if yours was like mine and you gut the loom and rewire for gauges and the 7AL but factory wiring is abysmal.

>5 litre V12
>barely 300bhp
>blows up the moment you glace at it
>electronics fail the moment you look away

German ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''engineering''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

>emissions crisis
>fuel crisis
>surprised cars were neutered

I'm surprised that Detroit were so hideously lazy about adapting their technology. On the other hand I'm not really surprised, only disgusted.

No foreign models suffered nearly as much in looks and power from the new safety and fuel economy conditions in the mid '70s as American cars did.

>>he thinks an engine swap takes a weekend

Roadkill did one in a parking lot.
If the engines have the same motor mounts and bell housing pattern it's piss easy. I pulled a junk 360 and dropped one I had sitting around in an afternoon

This, a 350 is dead simple and makes for a great first engine, and can put out respectable power if you spend slightly more on parts and get the right cams, then consider that it bolts right up with no fuss to a turd gen and you have as close to a retard-proof project as the automotive world will give you

>epa
>regulations

>13.5 quarter mile
Nope. Sorry mario

Which according to this comprehensive collection of times is quicker than any muscle car apart from a few select late '60s Corvettes and Hemis with very particular options.

roadtests.tripod.com/

Street tires were absolute shit back then, most tests you see are on the stock street tires. Racing slicks were a thing though. A stock muscle car on slicks is still pretty quick even by modern standards.

Yeah well, the 250 GTO on stock tires still had most of them beat.

>but they used a hemi
Yeah and ferrari used their lemans "racing engine". Not to mention the gto weighed more a than a thousand pounds less than most of these muscle cars, that sold at a fraction of a price

>muh hurrspowahs per dollah

>muh emissions

No argument?

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=T05xkmioBko

>Racing in the rain.

Poor bastards.

still looks like a cool car

My american v6 is over double that HP

>redneck built 383
>broken suspension
>broken drive shaft
>distributor retarded

For 2500 you're buying a shell with an anchor in it. If the shell is absolutely superb inside and out, I could see weighing the options and understanding there's about 2-5k more work that needs to be put into it.