Eve Online general /eog/

Buffer edition
>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
No

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed) (embed) (embed)

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

evepraisal.com/e/14669070
market.fuzzwork.co.uk/appraisal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which faction is the best and why is it gallente?

>Capacitor

Cause hybrid turrets are pretty neato.

blasters + drones = OP as fuck

Whats the math for hybrid turret tracking? How fast do they have to be going for it to be better to switch to Antimatter over Void? Is there somewhere i can find this information that isnt outdated like eve uni?

>blasters
>good

>How fast

that's not how it works. go read a guide

I'll get the shitposting started.

Heavy missiles

I obviously meant how high transversal needs to be. Also every place i looked was outdated.

people still play this game?

>/dog/
>knowing how to use weapons

>build a Porpoise to sell
>don't bother to check the m3 when packaged because I haul BCs all the time and they're medium
>50k m3
>Bestower can only hold 30k m3
>17 days to DST

Fuck.

Low Sec Mining or Low Sec Missions

Lowsec missions are by far safer. Lowsec mining doesn't exist

Anyone want to trade Neopoints for ISK?

good triples!

You mean AUR? Did they rename it?

CCP decided to tell the players to fuck themselves by having "weapon accuracy score" instead of angular velocity so no clue.

It's back tho.

Why is evepraisal so bad?

I'm looking at a list of explo stuff I got and it claims I would get ~400m for it in Jita by selling it to buy orders.

But in reality it's only ~285m. Sure is a big difference. What the heck?

Man does it take forever to fill up the retriever.
I guess the 9m/hour makes it all worth though.

Is the covetor really that bad tho?
Needs to make 3 more trips to transport same volume as retriever.
Mines 33% more

If my math is correct, for it to be worth it the time lost on 3 extra trips has to be smaller than the time it takes to mine those 33% extra on retriever.
So 6987.5 m3 of ore divided by ~1116.67 m3 per minute, that's over 6 minutes.
Can covetor really not do 3 trips to a station and slowboat back into belt 3 times in less than 6 minutes?
What about with warp rigs?

because its not just for jita, its the forge region. It also takes into account citadels

I just checked, and it says "Turret tracking: 300"

What do I do with that number? How do I translate it to angular velocity?

>and slowboat back into belt 3 times in less than 6 minutes?
Use bookmarks.

Any math you do to see the best way to make money mining will always be pennies compared to some multibox rorqual fleet off in nullsec

It makes no sense to me

Take "Capacitor Console" for example.
eve-marketdata.com says the highest buy order available for that in Jita is ~777k ISK

eve-central says the same.

And evepraisal clames I can get 1.67m on buy orders for it in Jita.
That's just horrible, what a gap

Iirc it has something to do with radians and shit

>in jita

because its NOT just jita, its the forge region

Eve-praisal pulls from the same market API

you read a turret guide because you don't need to know your tracking speed

Are you retarded or do you not get what I am saying or what?

evepraisal is fucked. completely fucked.
There ARE NO 1.67m buy orders for capacitor consoles in jita, in the region or anywhere. so fuck off.

Yes, angular velocity is measured in radians per second, and by that math, my blasters should spin 360 degrees 80 times per second. Maybe I need to divide it by 1000?

Anyone has any clue on how to calculate turret tracking?

I already told you to read a guide and l2sigradius. pls stop

That's awesome.

Yeah but I can't do anything about that can I.
Meanwhile I can optimize my pennies.

>in the region
No you said JITA, your other tools said JITA

You said nothing but IN JITA

EVE-praisal doesn't look at just JITA, it looks at the forge, you mentioned NOTHING about the region

You flat out don't get it. Just stop and put a bullet in your head please.

>yea this tool said jita
>this other tool was just for jita
>why doesn't eve-praisal do jita?
maybe because its not just jita, you're fucking retarded. Jita is not a region, the FORGE is a region. EVE-praisal takes into account for citadels, the other apps probably don't

What if I want to write the guides? What if jews are writing the guides so we'll buy their stuff?

what

I think user is expressing himself wrong an when he says Jita he means he is checking all orders visible from Jita.

>Hey guys, how does electrical engineering work?
>Read a textbook about it.
>But what if I want to write the textbooks? What if liars are writing the textbooks so we'll believe their lies?

Once more, you fucking imbecile. This time you'll understand the problem I'm sure.

I have capacitor consoles. And a whole lot of other shit, but let's just stick to the consoles for now.

I want to know what I can get for them right now. Ideally in Jita or near it, not in some bumfuck nullsec where some clown buys 10 of them.

Pic related is what the situation looks like in Jita for capacitor console right now.

Both eve-central and eve-marketdata show the correct values and can be trusted.

Evepraisal does not, as you can see here: evepraisal.com/e/14669070

Evepraisal is not just "a bit off", they completely missed it. 1.67m is NOWHERE near 764k.

Evepraisal is therefore trash and irrelevant, as are you. Get it?

>1.67m is NOWHERE near 764k.
Are you a retard whose looking at total price value instead of individual price value?

>quantity 1

>total value of 1 capacitor console

learn to read
I'm tired of your idiocy

click the fucking link.

In EvEpraisal it's telling him the highest single buy for one (1) Console is 1.6m

Sounds like someone manipulated the price of that particular piece of relic info and the api hasn't let it go yet so it did some random average.

It must have picked up one buyorder that DID clear for 1.6m otherwise it'd never pull it from the API

Found market.fuzzwork.co.uk/appraisal/ which seems to work fine

What I meant is that I don't want a guide that tells me what meme turret I should be using. I want to be able to calculate turret tracking for myself so I can make my own fits instead of placing my money on (tried and tested, in some occasions) fits where I don't know what kind of results I'll get.

I just wanna know if 235 "turret tracking" means I can hit a dude that's travelling at 0.25 rad/s, it's not rocket science.

Why not just use EFT or pyfa and check what tracking you get

The guides break down the tracking formula you fucking mongoloid, they don't go "Fit Tachyons for best tracking :^)"

How much dps should I be hitting in my vexor before I blow half my wallet in a VNI ?

A vexor can easily do 700 when fit for it. That means equipping guns, using a shield tank so you can max your lows with DPS mods

what are we talking about exactly, nooby pve?

Belt ratting and the occasional citadel bash

Also anomaly farming. Currently takes forever to kill an NPC bb

fucking christ. it is rocket science, because 0.25rad/s isn't enough information to know if you can hit something. it's a meaningless stat on its own. every target has a sig radius, and every turret has a sig resolution. read a fucking guide you aspie, and it's not like there's 100 different guns you can fit, just use the ones you have bonuses for

Drone ships must be pretty good for killing big structures. No ammo to use up.

Bashing oracle with t1 crystals

Always use Faction crystals, the damage jump is always worth it and they aren't expensive at all

Wow Amarr have INFINITE ammo?

I prefer not being poor and using conflag

>again with this shitty OP

I guess I'll look up less shitty guides then.

Huh didn't realize pyfa did that. Thanks.

Just timed how long it takes. And it actually is ~2 minutes to dock and get back to belt.
Wow, what a scam. Why are mining barges so dreadfully slow.

I'm guessing it *might* be better with warp speed rigs, but even then we're looking at a net gain of ~4% for four times the micromanagement.
Not worth.

Get a friend with a hauler. Jetcan into his hauler. Never leave belt until its empty.

>spam jita local promising to give them nothing in return
>people send me isk anyways

/eog/ is a fucking cuck general. Noone creates new threads so you are all forced to sit in a shit general made by the same autistic faggot for the 3rd thread in a row. Disgusting.

kevin if you don't like your job then just quit

Well we're talking about optimization and having him sit here waiting until I dig out enough for him to haul is far from optimal.

Better to have him mine in a venture desu.

>700dps
Jesus
What's the drone damage like? I'm only hitting 200dps with 3 DDAs, 2 ogres and 3 hobgoblins which is max damage arrangement

>people are still scared of whs

Literally how? They are safer than highsec if you know how to press V.

Which areas should I avoid for explo?

You should probably train some skills considering that that setup does 119 dps with all zeros, and the highest damage drone setup for a vexor is two ogres, two hammerheads and one hobgoblin anyway.

None.
The only places that are dangerous are inhabited null and lowsec systems.
And I guess HEAVILY inhabited wormholes.

If you see 4+ ships on dscan it might be time to crawl back into the hole.

>he fell for the thermal drones meme

People have an irrational fear of the dark, and the lack of local imitates this. They fail to understand the benefits they can gain vs the risks of harder detection. If you know what you're doing they really not very dangerous.

Also rate my pic related bomber shitfit to try to remedy this situation.

>oh wow I can make some good margins off these things!
>check market a few hours later
>people are undercutting eachother by nearly 1mil isk each time

OH FUCKING BOY I LOVE MARKET PVP JUST .01 ISK EACH OTHER YOU FUCKS

>crappy logistics that can't support massive industrial operations
>no supers ratting for printing isk
>"b-but, the benefits!"

>>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
>Yes
That's actually right, because you can't get on the EVE monument anymore.

>Amarr

>tfw plexed to get it
>regret is my only companion
They will probably build another monument or something anyway.

>high sec pvp

>why do people think wh's are dangerous
>benefits they can gain vs risks of harder detection
>"WAH NO ISK/HR"
I meant benefits of not being seen on local, not moneymaking which is irrelevant to point I was making. Go back to farming for your glorious leader and perhaps learn reading comprehension while you're doing it.

Who's got no cap now bitches?

What standings determine broker fees and sales tax? Is it faction or corp or both?

Also what's the minimum that both can be dropped to?

This is for npc stations only:

Broker fee:
Corp standings, Broker Relations skill.
minimum 0% unless they changed it.

Tales sax:
Accounting skill.
minimum 1% down from 2%.

>

00:25:57 Notify Some drones were unable to engage with your target due to being target jammed

>leave Jita for Amarr because Jita is full of bots and autists
>Amarr is full of literal retards

Fuck this shit

You can jam drones now? Or could you always do that?

>no supers in WH
>no isk printing in WH

Wormholes are comfy

What's the best way to boost an alt's standings via l4 missions? Do I need the alt to warp to the mission area so I can fleet warp to it on my main? Does the alt need to be in the area to get credit?

drone regions
99% combat sites and 1% data sites