Why do germans put plastic parts in their engines...

Why do germans put plastic parts in their engines? This stuff is one of the reasons why german engines are so unreliable!

Quit shitposting, faggot, there are polymers out there that are stronger than most metals, yet lighter and won't wear out the chain. This thread comes up every now and then and it's always answered with this same thing.

Fucking mopar tinkering shitposters I swer.

>yfw the Germans have become the jews

>there are polymers out there that are stronger than most metals
Maybe if the metal you're using is tin cut with dirt

>they lost both world wars

Fucking hell that looks complex. Where is the failure hidden?

Polymers eventually break down over time because of heat, I've had that shit crumble in my hands

>When the mopar bois can't explain how there are still massive amounts of over 20-year old Audi chain engines pushing lexus miles in circulation all around europe
Wow yeah, all polymers are equal.

>there are still massive amounts of over 20-year old Audi chain engines pushing lexus miles in circulation all around europe
Most Audis in '97 used belts. Pretty much all of them did.

I think the point of polymere is being resistant without wearing more expensive piece like a timing chains

>the mopar boi strikes again
They used DOHC, but why does the front of the engine look like this then? Explain that, retard.

Better charge up your bus pass and go grab some more haynes manuals from the library, dumbass.

Because a properly compounded nylon part will outlast anything made of aluminum or steel.

That's a belt and tensioner that's replaced every 60-90k miles/5 years you sped.

eipä ollu.pdf

Wow, did they really come up with a DOHC that looks like this wow it must be magic. Reading comprehension would do you a lot of good son, I asked why the DOHC would look like this. Take a minute and look at the picture, what do you see is missing there.

Protip: I'm not denying they didn't use belts, they did. But in addition __________

Riddle that.

>belt drives camshaft 1
>cam shaft 1 has sprocket on it under the valve cover
>cam shaft 2 has sprocket on it being driven by a chain connected to sprocket on cam shaft 1

It's not hard.

Wrong, mopar faggot roasted again

Stop being a fucking retard.

Ah, so you found google, good job little mopar babby. So, who was right?

Read his post again. >>cam shaft 1 has sprocket on it under the valve cover
>>cam shaft 2 has sprocket on it being driven by a chain connected to sprocket on cam shaft 1

He literally said this already.

Oh I see he did. My bad, 3 am is best am.

Engines still have a chain, those things are pushing hard still today so the polymere-boys plastic circlejerk is pretty much kill. Going back to first reply, plastics in an engine don't mean shit but memes for autists.

>MOPAR babby
What's wrong pekka, run out of peer?

What's wrong Sammy, run out of corn starch substitute food coloring edibles?

Engines are bad for cars

I mean, the UK won both world wars and their cars became pretty shitty after ~1970

FUCK OFF

I like how fast your arrogance deflated. That's funny.

I also like how the first result I get when searching for the specific compound used in Audi timing chain tensioners is regarding extremely high incidents of failure rates of the lower tensioner on 2.0 TSI engines from 2008 through 2012 inclusive, specifically the plastic structure that makes up the retainer for the tensioner pad. The next few results are about high failures of 1.8T cam chain tensioner failures and specifically the plastic pad on top of the hydraulic tensioner in contact with the chain.

Top it all off, now it seems easy to find information regarding three class action lawsuits either formed or in the process of being formed specifically regarding Audi 2.0 TSI timing chain tensioner failures and the catastrophic engine failure that results (naturally).

You can't make this stuff up.

Tensioner failures in old 20V 1.8's were a hydraulic problem, not caused by failing plastics. B5's first production ADR's and AEB's are still running with the original parts if the cars have been maintained well, the tensioner hydraulic system requires a pretty expenive hydraulic fluid and the engines require a little shorter oil change periods, but those engines are still running like bulls.

Those plastic parts will fail last. Maybe that's why German cars dominate Le Mans for a decade now. OP is a clueless faggot as always.

I once worked in Hella and we worked with Audi and i know exactly why.
Polymers will last for 5-ish years and than you gonna ned a new car. Same with gaskets, oil everywhere.

muh carbs
muh pushrods
muh 7.0ltr++ engine only making 400hp

Why do japanese put plastic parts in their engines? This stuff is one of the reasons why japanese engines are so unreliable!

Why do americans put plastic parts in their engines? This stuff is one of the reasons why american engines are so unreliable!

Ai oot homo

>anything but a ball bearing supported sprocket guiding a chain

what's the matter? you don't like "100% Deutsch Maschinenbau"™

>because their shit wasn't only too complex but also an unmaintable (s)crap

roller bearing > ball bearing