What's the easiest way to change a tire? Can't do shit with this thing

What's the easiest way to change a tire? Can't do shit with this thing

Why the fuck not?

pay someone else to do it

Pneumatic tools

Barely Any Effort

The lug nuts won't fucking budge no matter how hard I turn

Then get your wife's bull to do it for you.

Air gun or this.

if you cant get the nuts loose the flat end is used to remove the tire from the rim, installation is reverse of removal

post a picture of your biceps so we can figure out if the nuts frozen or if youre just a pussy

Or an impact wrench but having a bull is more comon these days

Trying kicking the wrench while it's on the nut.

He could just stand on it his muscle mass is irrelevent

I use a cross as well.
If i can't get it to move i start gently tapping with 2x4, getting harder each tap till i'm slamming it down until shit moves
WD40 is always good as well

I use this.

Please tell me you know to break the lug nuts before you jack to the car up...

Stand on it.

Bounce if you have to.

>He could just stand on it his muscle mass is irrelevent
>mass is irrelevent

really nigga?

>mfw hes turning it the wrong direction

Kek. Ever tried to tighten Yamaha motorcycle mirrors and find out that the left one has left hand threads. Only JUST Yamaha does this.

Whats sad is this wouldn't be the first time that's happened here either.

normally when nuts are stuck I just muscle it really hard and it works. I'm a pretty small guy, but when it comes to auto stuff I find the strength somehow. if its worse, I escalate to kicking on the wrench, then standing/jumping on it.

one time I was working on an Explorer, me and another guy both couldn't fucking get these nuts off. I swear I almost burst my vessels trying to break them. me and him were jumping on a fucking breaker bar and still nothing, we tried too push it down, pull it up, no use.

grabbed a can of PB blaster, squirted all over the bolts, left it for 10 minutes, and they came out fine.

>tfw know my shit
>somehow always jack the car up before breaking the lug nuts

I'm a retard. one time I thought I could save time by fucking grabbing the tire and turning the wrench. I got tire prints all over my shirt.
>user did you get run over?

i have an electric impact wrench i keep in the back of my car. works real quick without issue

You initialy uncrew it with with the tool you described. After you continue with a wireless driis with this adapter and socket.

You initialy uncrew it with with the tool you described. After you continue with a wireless drill with this adapter and apropriated socket. You can a fast jack too, car are not so tought to repair.

Man how pathetically weak do you have to be to not be able to break loose a lug nut. They aren't even torqued down that much and the tools you have at your disposal give you as much leverage as the laws of physics allow. Go lift some fucking weights man, jesus. I remember I asked this 110 pound kid in my warehouse to help me break loose a fastener holding my brake lines. I would have done it myself but his beta numale twink hands fit into the space a lot better than mine. Sure enough, he couldn't do it. I ended up removing the fairings and just doing it myself. Literally did it with one hand.

Some shops use the 900 lb gorilla impact wrenches. I've had to step on the lugs of my Scooby after some knucklehead at the dealer rotated my tires wrong.

It's like they actually want to warp the rotors.....

Just buy one of these and keep it in your trunk

Air tools my man.
I got some tires from a store once and now I get free rotations for life though.

Airgun, Impact Driver, Breaker Bar, bar extender, PB Blaster, nut splitter.
Go to harbor freight with like 150 bucks and solve all your problems.

You are morons who don't understand things. Have fun when the studs snap off and you have to replace those

>letting Australians change your tires

impact

>protip: someone overtorqued that shit and fucked it up
take an impact socket (or sacrificial regular socket) and put it over the stuck lug
hit it really fucking hard with a big hammer
then use breaker bar
>taught this tip by actual pros

are you turning it the correct direction

yeah someone fucked it up. I think it was rusted too. but the PB blaster worked really damn well. I just applied it, sat around for a bit, and they came off. more effort than it should have taken to twist, but they came off

Buy a pipe from home depot and slide it over the lug nut tool to gain more torque. It's what I do and its never failed me

>pb blaster worked
>didn't even have to heat it
it wasn't really stuck then

Replacing a stud is easier than an oil change

you dropped this

Penetrating oil and extension bar.
I've also found it's easier if you take them off as soon as you stop the car after a hard drive but be careful because the brakes will be fucking hot but maybe for you it won't be easy to keep the wheels hot by the time you are in your garage and are ready to go.

Use a hammer.

Put a length of piping over the tire iron to give you more torque. Also what the fuck? Lug nuts are only torqued to ~80lb/ft. How can you not remove that you weak piece of shit?

Just do this

Jump on the wrench

He doesn't keep a few extra spare studs in his toolbox. He decides lubing them up so he can overtorque them is a better way to keep them from coming off next time.

I once put loctite on some dude's lug nuts when he was parked in front of my friend's (and next-door neighbor's) house because he lied to everyone and told people on facebook that I sexually harassed his gf on account of she wanted my dick like mad and he was denial; something I only found out about because my friends told me about it

afterwards I realized he doesn't do any work on his own car so I just made things bad for the next mechanic who is going to work on his gay ass mustang. whatever

Stomp on it

Buy an extendable one off amazon. More leverage, same amount of space used, only suffers a little on structural integrity if used as a crowbar which you shouldn't anyway.

Lefty loosey righty tighty. Otherwise, use the wheel nut key.

well if it wasn't stuck I don't know what is. 300 pounds worth of two guys jumping on a 1.5 foot breaker bar didn't unstick it.

Why was that the thing you chose to do? Aren't there a lot of other things that would also be more effective, e.g. draining his oil?

usually I just drop the subframe and put in a new one

2 new wheels AND tires

>only 450 lb ft

>2017
>actually having to put effort

I sometimes find these just as fast if not faster than digging out my compressor and doing it with an impact.

cross wrench FTW

Give me a lever big enough and I can lift the world.

Unless the knob is bent, then you can't spin2win the nuts off or on.

ALSO
HAD TO CHANGE THE FLAT ON THE HILUX AT WORK YESTERDAY.
OEM BOTTLE JACK DIDN'T EVEN REACH THE DESCRIBED JACK POINTS, OR ANY OF THEM, FUCK. NIGGERS.

if you can't break it your snipe isn't big enough

pull up

don't push down on the bar

and put a breaker bar + appropriately sized socket in your car

>appropriately sized socket
why not put the proper sized socket in the car?

wew, but you haven't seen the shameless excuse of jack that VW has put on their polos. Pic related

Stand on it

Crossbars/breaker bars and pb blaster will break any bolt or nut loose.

My 18" breaker bar and 19mm impact socket are among the greatest purchases I have ever made. Talk about being able to change a wheel fast with no effort, wow.

I went from using a stock jack and a stock tire iron, to a rapid pump jack and a breaker bar and HOLY SHIT my life was 100x better.

I plan on buy another at least 18" breaker bar to put in my gfs car. She knows how to change a wheel but sometimes lugs can be a bitch and she's no professional weight lifter. Plus I might design and get made a better crank handle for her stock jack.

In reply to myself and OP,
A rechargeable impact driver is a good investment, as is a cheap or used airgun if you have a compressor in your garage.

An airgun is just a good investment for any home mechanic.

Kek

we were jumping on it, so the instantaneous torque would have been much more than 450, maybe 1000 or more

>pb blaster

like I was saying, this. shit works so good